Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
If you're talking about Malcolm Holmes mate you must be a right munter.
that would be about right

Actually I haven't a clue who the **** was.
It was back in the late 80's. 1988 maybe?
Old 06-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back when I lived in Southport, I nearly got run over by Dominc Matteo. Had several chats with Neil Ruddock and Steven Gerrard in various bars. One Christmas when back visiting the folks, we ended up in the same restaurant as Kenny Dalglish three nights running - my Dad asked him if he was following us. He looked confused.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshneil View Post
Tony Hadley recently asked my wife how he sounded covering "Somebody To Love" by Queen. She promptly went into a bout of constructive criticism not realising he's been pretty successful without her help for 40 odd years!
Funny how it seems..
Old 06-12-2017, 03:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Tony Hadley recently asked my wife how he sounded covering "Somebody To Love" by Queen. She promptly went into a bout of constructive criticism not realising he's been pretty successful without her help for 40 odd years!
That anecdote is Gold.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
that would be about right

Actually I haven't a clue who the **** was.
It was back in the late 80's. 1988 maybe?
Yup Malcolm Holmes.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Yup Malcolm Holmes.
she was obviously star struck. Poor girl.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:21 PM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
That anecdote is Gold.
True.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:13 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Back in Christmas '94, I was working at Our Price records in Croydon High Street. Dean Gordon came in and bought a load of CD's. I'd known Dean growing up. We played constantly against each other through the years for both school and Sunday League sides, and a few of my best mates played in his Sunday team, so we weren't pals but certainly on nodding terms.

Anyway, he comes to the counter with his batch of CD's and recognises me and comes over and says hi. As I'm putting his discs through the till I hear him say to me, 'Hey, do you think you can get me a discount?'. Talk about putting me on the spot. I'd only just started work there and just didn't have the cajones to go and ask my new boss. But here was a Palace player asking me for a favour. I just sheepishly said 'Sorry Dean' and explained I'd only started work there and really couldn't.

He just smiled and said 'ok', but I bet in head he was striking me off his nodding terms list. Have to say, in the back of my mind I was thinking, 'your a Premiership player - why would you need a discount?!' Cheek!
Old 06-12-2017, 09:34 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Back in Christmas '94, I was working at Our Price records in Croydon High Street. Dean Gordon came in and bought a load of CD's. I'd known Dean growing up. We played constantly against each other through the years for both school and Sunday League sides, and a few of my best mates played in his Sunday team, so we weren't pals but certainly on nodding terms.

Anyway, he comes to the counter with his batch of CD's and recognises me and comes over and says hi. As I'm putting his discs through the till I hear him say to me, 'Hey, do you think you can get me a discount?'. Talk about putting me on the spot. I'd only just started work there and just didn't have the cajones to go and ask my new boss. But here was a Palace player asking me for a favour. I just sheepishly said 'Sorry Dean' and explained I'd only started work there and really couldn't.

He just smiled and said 'ok', but I bet in head he was striking me off his nodding terms list. Have to say, in the back of my mind I was thinking, 'your a Premiership player - why would you need a discount?!' Cheek!

Ha - nice story Bubbs. Although I’m sure he was far from being skint, the levels of pay were clearly no way what they are now. I wonder what the players were on in those days. Worst case, surely still on a couple of grand a week I would have thought?!
Old 07-12-2017, 04:32 AM

Ask him on Facebook. He is easily friended and even runs a fantasy league team you can join.
Old Today, 12:16 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

To view the link you have to Register or Login