Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
It used to take my grandparents all day from about 7 am to make a sunday roast for the family at 3:00. Delicious it was.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:04 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Have we covered pork pies yet ?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
It used to take my grandparents all day from about 7 am to make a sunday roast for the family at 3:00. Delicious it was.
I can heartily recommend the carving course at Simpsons in the Strand. You spend all morning carving (and picking at) joints they cook from early doors and then carve for your family when they come for Sunday lunch in the restaurant.

That was a big protein (and red wine) day ...
Old 01-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The rise in popularity of the Yorkshire Burrito is a sign that people still embrace British food. For the record, they're delicious.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Have we covered pork pies yet ?
Isn't there some 80:20 urban myth statistic along the lines of women doing 80% of supermarket shopping, but 80% of pork pies are bought by men?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Ooh I like this subject as a proper Euro wanker who has spent more time living on the mainland than in the UK I actually think traditional English food (like my Mum cooked), is very underrated and even more so cakes and especially puddings! I don't know any other country even close when it comes to pudding, France maybe.

Also English cheese, massively under valued.

Last edited by Sick Bucket; 01-11-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Ooh I like this subject as a proper Euro wanker who has spent more time living on the mainland than in the UK I actually think traditional English food (like my Mum cooked), is very underrated and even more so cakes and especially puddings! I don't know any other country even close when it comes to pudding, France maybe.

Also English cheese, massively under valued.
Point of order: the UK is the mainland.

Good point on cheese, we have Stilton, Red Leicester, Wensleydale and a shyte load of others.
They send us Brie, what is that tasteless sceptic ooze.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Do they deliver?
No, just chicken and prawns ....
Old 01-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
There really isn't anything to touch a Sunday roast done properly with great British ingredients.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
No, just chicken and prawns ....
Are you here all week ? I'd like to think so but the way things are going on the other thread ... I'm not so sure
Old 01-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Are you here all week ? I'd like to think so but the way things are going on the other thread ... I'm not so sure
Pmsl

Ps anyway how could they possibly ban me with wit and humour like that eh ?

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 01-11-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some grandparents take 3 hours to get up, have breakfast and get dressed !
Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Some grandparents take 3 hours to get up, have breakfast and get dressed !
So do I on a Sunday 🤢
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
So do I on a Sunday 🤢

Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 AM

Panther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Isn't there some 80:20 urban myth statistic along the lines of women doing 80% of supermarket shopping, but 80% of pork pies are bought by men?
And most of them by Kevin Miller?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Eight hours to make a Sunday roast?

I can only assume that their meat was still running around when they started.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we do tend to undervalue our own cuisine in this country. Maybe because we tend to value quantity and convenience over quality. And perhaps lack the national confidence to think that our own cuisine, done properly, is good enough.

What do foreign visitors to Britain think of our food, I wonder? Do French guide books tell them to have a cream tea? Are Japanese tourists recommended to try a Cornish pasty?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
What do foreign visitors to Britain think of our food, I wonder? Do French guide books tell them to have a cream tea? Are Japanese tourists recommended to try a Cornish pasty?
The French have always had a grudging respect for some of our traditional desserts and I have Spanish friends who really rate British dairy products. Italians tend to be very insular when it comes to food but those I know in London rate English Lamb. But we do seem to lack an internationally popular/respected signature dish.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
As part of the British empire, don’t we encapsulate all of those cuisines into the term “British”.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:49 AM

The Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Eight hours to make a Sunday roast?

I can only assume that their meat was still running around when they started.
A minimum of six hours is required just to boil the cabbage surely.