Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
No Wilf??
Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
yeah but he doesn't fit the mould of the attributes you need to be an england winger, i.e. kick the ball in front of you and run after it, try to cross it, fail, repeat
He He
Old 03-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Build the team around the Spurs players. Then hopefully there will be some cohesion to the team.

I always used to wonder why England didn't just play the Arsenal back five in the late 80s/early 90s. I know Stuart Pearce was better individually than Winterburn, Butcher better than Bould etc but they were so well drilled surely it would have made more sense than throwing strangers together...
Sure I'm biased, but this has been discussed on the Spurs forums for a while. As they pick a lot of Spurs players, why not use the same system and find players to fit the other positions. If you include Stones/Walker/Sterling as well, that is nearly the starting XI with a similar pattern of play at club level. No need to shoehorn players in like England have been doing for years.

As an aside, glad Loftus-Cheek/Abraham/Gomez are given a try. I just hope they sort out the goalie. Hart isn't up to the task, and while Butland has conceded a lot - as has Pickford - the defence in front for Stoke/Everton has been crap.

Can't believe there is even a debate about Wilshere missing out. He doesn't start for Arsenal often enough and the others do play for their clubs. I don't think Rose should be there for the same reason, although he is coming back from an injury and has been on the bench recently.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Winks and Kane out

Livermore in
Old 07-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Livermore vs Germany
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
An England rant ...

It really has the potential to be a decent young England team but any creative ideas are seemingly coached out of them once they put on the England shirt. The first thing they need to do is drop Cahill, Henderson and Hart out of the squad altogether, ghosts of a past England team full of failure and Henderson brings nothing to the table. Having Pep and Pochettino coaching English players is a dream for Southgate who can reap the rewards for their intelligence.

Not Joe Hart

Walker Stones CB Rose

Dier, Winks,

Alli

LW RW

Kane

I know people slag off Lingaard but the 2 wing positions need to be quick and pacey and cause problems, Lingaard/Rashford/Townsend/Sterling/Abraham/Gray/Lookman are about all we have

Lallana should slot in for Dier or Winks against weaker sides when we should be moving forward.

There is enough basic back up to replace Dier/Winks and Alli when needed.

Sturridge should be more than decent enough to pick off smaller teams as back up for Kane.

There aren't many decent hard working young central defenders in this division who deserve a chance to impress Keane and Maguire are about all I can think of.

It would just be nice going into a tournament with a bit of excitement and no real expectation, instead we are going to be treated to Henderson, Shelvey and Livermore passing sideways for 90 minutes as we lose 1-0 to (insert any team)

The main issue going into a tournament is Southgate, I don't buy into him having the intelligence and forward thinking to devise games to take on the best coaches.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I should add that in these 2 friendlies we will play relatively well and get 2 decent results out of them, we always do.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 07-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I should add that in these 2 friendlies we will play relatively well and get 2 decent results out of them, we always do.
Half of your 'picks' have baled-out "injured".
Probably more defections later this week when the others see the growing list of "no-shows".
Old 07-11-2017, 08:14 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
No Wilf??
At least Southgate has the option to call him up now Sterling is out.
Oh........
Old 07-11-2017, 08:15 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm taking my 8 year old to the Germany game on Friday - it'll be our 2nd Wembley visit in a week. That squad is so thin, we're taking our boots.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
If Loftus Cheek was on loan at West Brom instead of us, his selection would have been rightly laughed at/criticised on these boards. Other than the first couple of games, he's looked very poor for us. Is he fully fit yet?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
An England rant ...

It really has the potential to be a decent young England team but any creative ideas are seemingly coached out of them once they put on the England shirt. The first thing they need to do is drop Cahill, Henderson and Hart out of the squad altogether, ghosts of a past England team full of failure and Henderson brings nothing to the table. Having Pep and Pochettino coaching English players is a dream for Southgate who can reap the rewards for their intelligence.

Not Joe Hart

Walker Stones CB Rose

Dier, Winks,

Alli

LW RW

Kane

I know people slag off Lingaard but the 2 wing positions need to be quick and pacey and cause problems, Lingaard/Rashford/Townsend/Sterling/Abraham/Gray/Lookman are about all we have

Lallana should slot in for Dier or Winks against weaker sides when we should be moving forward.

Sturridge should be more than decent enough to pick off smaller teams as back up for Kane.

There aren't many decent hard working young central defenders in this division who deserve a chance to impress Keane and Maguire are about all I can think of.

It would just be nice going into a tournament with a bit of excitement and no real expectation, instead we are going to be treated to Henderson, Shelvey and Livermore passing sideways for 90 minutes as we lose 1-0 to (insert any team)

The main issue going into a tournament is Southgate, I don't buy into him having the intelligence and forward thinking to devise games to take on the best coaches.
Agree with this. We are at a time where we have 2,3...maybe 4 top class managers working with our players. We really should be reaping the benefit. Pochettino is arguably the best thing that has happened to the England side in the last 10 years. Sadly Southgate strikes me as a wet drip who will not get the best out of this group - he says all the right things as you'd expect from a seemingly intelligent bloke, but he doesn't seem to have the capabilities to put those words into practice.

For me, it's essential we have a plan A & a plan B. The Spurs template is exactly the one I'd be attempting to replicate. Equally at home with 3 a the back or with 4. I'd like to see something like:

Butland
Jones-Stones-Maguire
Walker-Dier-Winks/Wilshere-Rose
Sterling/Rashford-Alli/Lallana
Kane

Butland
Walker-Stones-Maguire/Jones-Rose
Dier-Winks/Wilshere
Sterling-Alli-Rashford
Kane

Firstly, people will say what am I doing including Wilshere in there. A fit Jack Wilshere is EXACTLY what the England team is crying out for. Dier should be 1st choice defensive mid. If you watch Spurs, playing next to Dembele is exactly what makes Dier so effective in that role. He leaves Dier to solely do the defensive work & is constantly looking to drive Tottenham forward. Wilshere is easily the closest player we have to MD. Winks could easily play that role but it's a lot to ask of a player who has played a handful of first team games. The most demoralising thing about watching England recently has been the 2 centre mids being a combo of Henderson & Dier, Henderson & Livermore, etc. All defensively minded & happy to pass the ball sidewards or backwards. We have a lot of the ball but do feck all with it. We need someone next to Dier to connect defence & attack.

Completely agree re Henderson & Cahill - bin them both. Henderson especially. Absolute carthorse who has never performed at international level.

The attacking options we have really are the best I can remember in a long time. All blessed with talent & young - they really could take the international stage by storm. Kane, Alli, Rashford, Sterling are all capable of being world class. Lallana has also arguably been our best player for a couple of years - international football seems to suit him perfectly. But they need a manager to pick a team which allows them to fulfil their potebntial & play with freedom - in Southgate, I sadly don't think that'll be possible.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
VAR (Video Assistant Referee), will be used in the Germany game.

Short video here explaining the process.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
An England rant ...

Not Joe Hart

Walker Stones CB Rose

Dier, Winks,

Alli

LW RW

Kane

I stopped reading after the bit in bold.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Agree with this. We are at a time where we have 2,3...maybe 4 top class managers working with our players. We really should be reaping the benefit. Pochettino is arguably the best thing that has happened to the England side in the last 10 years. Sadly Southgate strikes me as a wet drip who will not get the best out of this group - he says all the right things as you'd expect from a seemingly intelligent bloke, but he doesn't seem to have the capabilities to put those words into practice.

For me, it's essential we have a plan A & a plan B. The Spurs template is exactly the one I'd be attempting to replicate. Equally at home with 3 a the back or with 4. I'd like to see something like:

Butland
Jones-Stones-Maguire
Walker-Dier-Winks/Wilshere-Rose
Sterling/Rashford-Alli/Lallana
Kane

Butland
Walker-Stones-Maguire/Jones-Rose
Dier-Winks/Wilshere
Sterling-Alli-Rashford
Kane

Firstly, people will say what am I doing including Wilshere in there. A fit Jack Wilshere is EXACTLY what the England team is crying out for. Dier should be 1st choice defensive mid. If you watch Spurs, playing next to Dembele is exactly what makes Dier so effective in that role. He leaves Dier to solely do the defensive work & is constantly looking to drive Tottenham forward. Wilshere is easily the closest player we have to MD. Winks could easily play that role but it's a lot to ask of a player who has played a handful of first team games. The most demoralising thing about watching England recently has been the 2 centre mids being a combo of Henderson & Dier, Henderson & Livermore, etc. All defensively minded & happy to pass the ball sidewards or backwards. We have a lot of the ball but do feck all with it. We need someone next to Dier to connect defence & attack.

Completely agree re Henderson & Cahill - bin them both. Henderson especially. Absolute carthorse who has never performed at international level.

The attacking options we have really are the best I can remember in a long time. All blessed with talent & young - they really could take the international stage by storm. Kane, Alli, Rashford, Sterling are all capable of being world class. Lallana has also arguably been our best player for a couple of years - international football seems to suit him perfectly. But they need a manager to pick a team which allows them to fulfil their potebntial & play with freedom - in Southgate, I sadly don't think that'll be possible.
Agree with all this. Especially the Henderson and Cahill parts however Southgate is another FA Yes man and wont have the balls to drop either sadly. He also hasn't got the tactical nous to get the better of any of the top coaches.

I would definitely go 3 at the back with players comfortable to go to a 4 if needed.

---------------Butland----------------
-------Jones---Stones---?------------
Walker----Dier-----Winks-------Rose
----------Lallana-------Alli------------
-----------------Kane-----------------

All of those players play in those positions and formation for their clubs. I think Rose is a bit of a weak link and I would argue that Trippier at RWB is a more consistent player than Walker at the moment. I think if Winks gets a full season under his belt then he would certainly have gained enough experience to warrant a starting place, especially if Spurs do well in the Champions League.

Add in the likes of Rashford, Sterling, possibly Gray if he has a good season with Leicester and we have the options to go 4-2-3-1.

Sadly all of the above is irrelevant with the manager we have. As gilsey has said, they need to be allowed to play with freedom to fulfil their potential and sadly Southgate hasn't got a clue.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:55 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Delph on the left?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Agree with all this. Especially the Henderson and Cahill parts however Southgate is another FA Yes man and wont have the balls to drop either sadly. He also hasn't got the tactical nous to get the better of any of the top coaches.

I would definitely go 3 at the back with players comfortable to go to a 4 if needed.

---------------Butland----------------
-------Jones---Stones---?------------
Walker----Dier-----Winks-------Rose
----------Lallana-------Alli------------
-----------------Kane-----------------

All of those players play in those positions and formation for their clubs. I think Rose is a bit of a weak link and I would argue that Trippier at RWB is a more consistent player than Walker at the moment. I think if Winks gets a full season under his belt then he would certainly have gained enough experience to warrant a starting place, especially if Spurs do well in the Champions League.

Add in the likes of Rashford, Sterling, possibly Gray if he has a good season with Leicester and we have the options to go 4-2-3-1.

Sadly all of the above is irrelevant with the manager we have. As gilsey has said, they need to be allowed to play with freedom to fulfil their potential and sadly Southgate hasn't got a clue.
Fair shout re Trippier - I've been so impressed with him when I've watched him of late. Has really come on under Pochettino over the last 12 months.

I'm also not entirely convinced by Rose, but I think he's the best of the bunch currently. It's a shame Shaw hasn't kicked on - he had the potential to be top drawer before his awful injury. Talk of him going to Spurs could be the best thing that happens to him.

I sound like a fecking Spurs fan. I hate it. But I just love Pochettino. I think he's the best manager about - the job he's done there is unreal.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haven't been to an England friendly in a couple of years , nor have I watched one on the box in that time but I will be watching this one just to see the VAR system in action.

Hope it doesn't slow the game down too much as I think It's about time we cracked down on cheating and theatrics. Which can only be good for the game.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Buysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuysakho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are going to win the World Cup. As long as Kane stays fit I can't see beyond us.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:55 AM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You are a comedian England will never win anything they cant compete when it really matters