Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-11-2017, 02:48 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On this day - 4th November 1972

Love bringing this one up ... no apologies.

45 years ago today ... which takes me into my 46 year following Palace.
(For you youngsters, this seasons trials and tribulations are nothing).

Very special memories for me.

"Don Rogers makes his debut for Crystal Palace after signing from Swindon Town and scores in the 1-0 defeat of Everton".

A 12 year old, I was playing football in goal against a local village, Ampney Crucis ..... faithful wireless by my side for updates.

How good would the Don have been against todays defensive inadequacies?
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 04-11-2017, 03:06 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Played like a Brazilian.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 AM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
remember it well , what a debut ... he was quality.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Was thinking about that this morning. Alan Whittle and Mel Blyth sent off for fighting. Six weeks later, Whittle makes his debut and score for us.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ran from the half way line to score didn't he?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my best memories of a player making his debut. Brilliant just brilliant ran from the half way line by the Arthur left the Everton players for dead and slotted it past the Everton keeper Gordon West.
45 years on still one of my favourite ever players and always in my best ever 11 with Wilf now on the other wing!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my best memories of a player making his debut. Brilliant just brilliant ran from the half way line by the Arthur left the Everton players for dead and slotted it past the Everton keeper Gordon West.
45 years on still one of my favourite ever players and always in my best ever 11 with Wilf now on the other wing!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
No one likes a smart a*se but David Lawson was the Everton keeper that day.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
No one likes a smart a*se but David Lawson was the Everton keeper that day.
If you say so but where was West? He was def Everton no.1
Old 04-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post

"Don Rogers makes his debut for Crystal Palace after signing from Swindon Town and scores in the 1-0 defeat of Everton".

A 12 year old, I was playing football in goal against a local village, Ampney Crucis ..... faithful wireless by my side for updates.

A brilliant debut. And the best was yet to come

I've said it many times before - the best player I have seen in a Palace shirt.

Edit: Was that really 45 years ago? Frightening!

Last edited by davech; 04-11-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 PM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Incredible player, we have had some right good wingers over the years haven’t we?
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM

spiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Was thinking about that this morning. Alan Whittle and Mel Blyth sent off for fighting. Six weeks later, Whittle makes his debut and score for us.
Think the sending-offs was the 2-2 Cup match in Jan. 72?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Shot by both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
If you say so but where was West? He was def Everton no.1
Lawson made 41 appearances *that season. I think he replaced West who was, as you said, Everton number one for a long period in the 60's and 70's.
*I looked that up!
Old 05-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Shot by both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Think the sending-offs was the 2-2 Cup match in Jan. 72?
No, definitely the league game although that Cup game was a rough house. Joe Royle booting Jacko in the chest from memory.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM

The Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskThe Bandstand wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post

One of my first games as well !! do you rememer Mel Blyth sticking one on Alan Whittle (eyes of blue 5 foot 2) and being sent off?
Old 06-11-2017, 08:29 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My first game as well. What a start and being allowed to stay up and watch it on Match of the day. Memories fade but can still see Don Rogers gliding around defenders like it was yesterday.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was that the game sue head had to smuggle the ref out in the boot of her car?
Old 07-11-2017, 11:51 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
Was that the game sue head had to smuggle the ref out in the boot of her car?
No that was the cup game in Jan of 72, when Sue Head escorted the ref to his car, well after the match had ended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg palace v everton 1.jpg (926.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 49 (8) palace v everton 2.jpg (977.0 KB, 7 views)