Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Clever players past and present

As in footballing brains - not them appearing on Countdown like Clarke Carlisle.

Who's been the smartest for us on the pitch? I thought Murray was very smart, as was Freedman. I guess our current guy would be Cabaye.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
As in footballing brains - not them appearing on Countdown like Clarke Carlisle.

Who's been the smartest for us on the pitch? I thought Murray was very smart, as was Freedman. I guess our current guy would be Cabaye.
Garvan always struck me as having a good footballing brain, even if he was very slow and lightweight.

Think the promoted team looked much better with him in it.

FFS MURRAY!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Freedman.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Jerome Thomas and Jordan Mutch amongst others, getting paid for not playing is genius.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:02 AM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Michael Hughes always struck me as one.

Not just in the usual creative sense (though he had plenty of creativity), but his ability to read the game, motivate those around him when they needed it and even his ability to rattle the cages of opponents just enough to affect their performance. A proper midfield general.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kevin Phillips.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Jerome Thomas and Jordan Mutch amongst others, getting paid for not playing is genius.
Classic, brilliant thinking.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post

I'll trump your Mutch and Thomas with the Speroni of the last couple of years.

Getting paid for not playing and still everyone absolutely worshipping you
Old 04-11-2017, 09:12 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Kevin Phillips.
Good shout.

Lombardo an obvious one, just stood there and knew everything that was going on around the pitch.

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 04-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The leaner Neil Shipperley of circa 1997 vintage was an excellent back-to-play No. 9.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Mark Bright was a very sneaky forward, and clearly taught Wright a lot of things that helped him make the most of his natural ability.

Ray Houghton brought a wealth of experience to our midfield.

Jedinak was a master of man management and leadership - his influence on the field stretched way beyond his footballing talent
Old 04-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jerry Murphy
Old 04-11-2017, 09:28 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would say Mark Bright was very much underestimated for his contributions in the making of Ian Wright's effectiveness as it was he who was the silky smooth unique mover in the partnership. So ok Mark never looked the most elegant mover so may have seemed clumsy at times, but they were a classic "twin strikers" combination of how to complement eachother's play and Mark was a vital part in that superb pairing.
Another to throw into the mix would be Andy Johnson, who did so much work in creating all of his opportunities himself with his endless movement and constant running off the ball, a managers dream (take heed Benteke).
Old 04-11-2017, 09:31 AM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Matt Jansen
Old 04-11-2017, 09:32 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Campana lol
Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Some interesting contributions. I wouldn't necessarily have said players like Jedinak, Hughes and AJ were 'clever', but I guess they kind of were in a less obvious sense.

I was too young to appreciate Lombardo. Just how good was he?
Old 04-11-2017, 09:35 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Jerry Murphy.

Left-footed midfielders in general often give me the impression of being calm, stylish and intelligent. Like Jason Puncheon although he evidently peaked a good year ago. Owen Garvan, Simon Rodger and, of course, Geoff Thomas are other recent examples.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Puncheon towards the end of 13/14 and 14/15 was very clever.

When fit, Chamakh seemed ahead of everyone else on the pitch.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jerry Murphy was the first name to pop into my mind
Old 04-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Mariappa