Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
My analysis has nothing to do with the article.
No shit.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
She's clearly not as sharp a politician as she used to be.

On the other at the last election she both had one of the largest majorities of any mp in the country and a significantly increased majority.

While the tories have people like BJ and David Davies Labour has nothing to worry about.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I think there is a serious problem with the quality of person representing us in parliament. In recent years it has become clear that the average ability of a MP has dropped. The quality of debate, the number of stupid mistakes and the lack of leadership is way below what we should expect. It seems that becoming a MP is no longer attracting the best and the brightest
Thats no surprise.

I know plenty of bright young people, none of whom have expressed interest in being an MP.

Plenty of people would like to be journalists, having a critical pop at others from behind their keyboard.

But few want the flack and responsibility of the actual job.

And financially, in comparison with high level executive jobs, the pay isnt that amazing in return for the potential grief you get.

I know I wouldnt fancy the job.....would you?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Whilst the article by Monroe is full of hyperbole it makes some excellent points.

Worth a read.
Monroe is another soppy twat.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:19 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Monroe is another soppy twat.
Imagine if Monroe and Owen Jones had a baby, it would make Corbyn look as right wing as Hitler.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

On the other at the last election she both had one of the largest majorities of any mp in the country and a significantly increased majority.

While the tories have people like BJ and David Davies Labour has nothing to worry about.
I've always thought MPs in safe seats are in danger of going a bit slack and complacent (her seat has been Labour since its foundation in 1950, best the Tories have ever got there was 33% when Labour was at its nadir in the early 80s) I'm sure it's the same on both sides, your more reactionary Tory MPs who frequently make racist/hang the poor statements are probably from rural or upper middle class areas where reelection is a formality for them.

Always thought you might get a better class of politicians if MPs were forced to relocate constituencies after say two five year spells, might help keep them on their toes and broaden their minds to having to deal with different parts of what is an increasingly diverse country. I daresay if Abbot was forced to spend a spell campaigning in a carrot cruncher constituency or Rees Mogg in an inner city constituency they might come out of it as better politicians.

Last edited by Skin Up; 05-11-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
I've always thought MPs in safe seats are in danger of going a bit slack and complacent (her seat has been Labour since its foundation in 1950, best the Tories have ever got there was 33% when Labour was at its nadir in the early 80s) I'm sure it's the same on both sides, your more reactionary Tory MPs who frequently make racist/hang the poor statements are probably from rural or upper middle class areas where reelection is a formality for them.

Always thought you might get a better class of politicians if MPs were forced to relocate constituencies after say two five year spells, might help keep them on their toes and broaden their minds to having to deal with different parts of what is an increasingly diverse country. I daresay if Abbot was forced to spend a spell campaigning in a carrot cruncher constituency or Rees Mogg in an inner city constituency they might come out of it as better politicians.
Great post

I actually wonder whether there should be a parliament owned "grace and favour" home in each constituency and that any elected member should have to live there for the term. Sure it would cost a bit but I think it would be money well spent.

Many years ago I campaigned for a a great lady who became a wonderful councillor I was then asked to help out of the new Tory MP who was standing and I declined part of his campaign promise was that he would relocate to the area which he duly did. I think it was easy for him moving to a nice posh safe commutable area but he could afford it and it was a good place to live. If you want to represent the people you need to know them and by living hundreds of miles away from your constituency how can you know this ?

I think that Diane Abbott must be good to her constituency and I get that (though if I had my kid in a failing state comprehensive I would not vote for her) but she should have her arse nailed to a back bench
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 05-11-2017, 02:43 PM

boxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I could be tempted to vote for a Corbyn govt at the next election, but can't stand the idea of her being Home Secretary.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:46 PM

boxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

A turnip with a red rosette on it would win with a big majority in Hackney, & many other places.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
She's simply awful

Many politicians are of course but she's up there with the very worst

Corbyn puts up with her because of misguided loyalty from their previous shinanagins

Embarrassing really
Surely if you had of shagged that you wouldn't want to see her again.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:57 PM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Surely if you had of shagged that you wouldn't want to see her again.

Becareful what you say on here especially against the labour party cdm will grass you up he'll defend the party to his death
Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 PM
XXVII

What happened to her twin, Bernie Grant?
Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
What happened to her twin, Bernie Grant?
Didn't he die about 15 years ago ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 05-11-2017, 10:16 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well, they do. Labour have to worry about wrestling power from the tories.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 AM

KentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
She is gold dust for the tories, must be a tory plant/fifth columnists.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I feel a bit sorry for her, she has been put in a position that she clearly cannot handle.

I am surprised Labour has not acted, put a competent intelligent person in there and who knows Labour may look like a party instead of a gang of hippy commie relics from the past.

Not too far of May and the Tories to be honest with the balls up's she has made as well.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Thats no surprise.

I know plenty of bright young people, none of whom have expressed interest in being an MP.

Plenty of people would like to be journalists, having a critical pop at others from behind their keyboard.

But few want the flack and responsibility of the actual job.

And financially, in comparison with high level executive jobs, the pay isnt that amazing in return for the potential grief you get.

I know I wouldnt fancy the job.....would you?
No butI don't have an ego the size of a planet. A prerequisite to becoming a MP
Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Robs

Red'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRed'n'Blue Robs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I feel a bit sorry for her, she has been put in a position that she clearly cannot handle.

I am surprised Labour has not acted, put a competent intelligent person in there and who knows Labour may look like a party instead of a gang of hippy commie relics from the past.

Not too far of May and the Tories to be honest with the balls up's she has made as well.
Couldnt agree more. Nothing against her personally but clearly overpromoted and out of her depth. Numerous better MPs should have been considered for the post but I suppose being an ex flooze of JC has its benefits.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Mmmmm

Boris has had a good day hasnt he.

A British Foreign Secretary making things worse for British subjects.

Still whats another 5 years in prison between friends.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Mmmmm

Boris has had a good day hasnt he.

A British Foreign Secretary making things worse for British subjects.

Still whats another 5 years in prison between friends.
Boris is an arse.

This is a thread about DA. There's a separate thread about BJ

Do you honestly think DA is a good politician? Or do you just feel the need to defend her because she's Labour ? I'm not sure what would be worse ...