Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-11-2017, 10:37 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Vans

Looking at buying a smallish van for business use, probably a Fiat doblo, any advice on what to look for or to avoid, about £6k to spend and needs to be LWB (to fit bikes in)

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 05-11-2017, 07:59 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For similar money to the fiat, you can pick up a Mercedes Citan. Personally I'd avoid the Peugeot partner unless you add extra locks. A toddler could break into one.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 AM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Transit connect is quite roomy .

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 05-11-2017, 08:58 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked at transit connects, but they're twice as much as a comparable doblo

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 05-11-2017, 08:58 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Will take a look at a citan

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
Theres a reason for that.....
Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
This is very true....

If you're a limited company, why not buy new? Warrantied van, tax efficient way of buying and you could probably get what you want for under 10k
Old 05-11-2017, 09:53 AM

stonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Or lease......try vanarama
Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
I was going to get a new one to treat myself, but with a few extras it came in just under 28k!

Last couple of times I've got vans sold on after their 4 year warranties expire. If they haven't been hammered for milage/long journeys, they're usually fully serviced and looked after. Had a lwb Dispatch for three years now with only the battery changed, decent on fuel and the parts, if needed, are easily available and inexpensive (regular oil changes are vital on this model apparently).

Had a Vito once - never again, cost me big time: 3 x electric windows, indicator stalk, rust (oh the rust) and finally the clutch. Electrics played up too.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcp View Post
This is very true....

If you're a limited company, why not buy new? Warrantied van, tax efficient way of buying and you could probably get what you want for under 10k
Not limited, partnership, don't really fancy tieing myself into a long term lease which is the only way of getting a reasonable monthly rate. I figure at least if I buy something (used) outright if in a year or 2 I decide it's not worth having I can get rid, or sell it and buy something bigger / better

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 10:22 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Care to expand? I've had ford and Fiat cars in the past, spent a small fortune keeping the ford going, only time the Fiat ever cost me money was when I crashed it, and a new clutch slave cylinder on a 15 year old Tipo, which I put down to age rather than its "fiatness"

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 10:23 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonepark eagle View Post
Or lease......try vanarama
The van I originally wanted would have cost me 16k over 5 years, and I wouldn't have owned it after that, doesnt seem like value to me

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 10:45 AM

jjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you are going to be driving into central London on a regular basis then bear in mind this new ULEZ which comes into operation in April 2019.

TfL have just kindly informed me that my newish van (March 2016 -Euro 5) will be subject to a £12.50 daily charge on top of the congestion charge!! Euro 6 rated vans will not be subject to the charge. (Along with old, stinking, belching out black shit black cabs)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spunker's long time no speak!

I would look at the French stuff, bound to get a few bargains. Partner/Belingo I leased a Partner on a short term contract, if memory serve me right is was £250 a month 2k mile per month, brand new, replaced every 6k or 3 months 28 day contract. If its a new venture that you are testing although expensive it might be cheaper easier just to get one for 1-3 months and see if it pays or a old banger and it if it works out use it as Part Ex or flog it\bin if it doesn't.

Purley\Coulsdon has Emission Zone cameras, not sure what the regs are with Vans.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 AM

I get my new van this week. Top of the range Renault trafic, 17 plate, delivery mileage, under £14k. Some great deals out there, you can save 10 grand on a pre reg
Old 05-11-2017, 11:52 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Spunker's long time no speak!

I would look at the French stuff, bound to get a few bargains. Partner/Belingo I leased a Partner on a short term contract, if memory serve me right is was £250 a month 2k mile per month, brand new, replaced every 6k or 3 months 28 day contract. If its a new venture that you are testing although expensive it might be cheaper easier just to get one for 1-3 months and see if it pays or a old banger and it if it works out use it as Part Ex or flog it\bin if it doesn't.

Purley\Coulsdon has Emission Zone cameras, not sure what the regs are with Vans.
Not a new venture, but my old man is retiring and I need a vehicle for the shop, I want to be able to offer delivery on new bikes and collections and deliveries on repairs and also have the possibility of doing a bit of on site servicing for fleet customers. I'll also get it sign written / wrapped so I can be a nice big moving advert for the shop.

Dont plan to drive into central London so the ulez shouldn't be an issue for me

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Iíve got Fiat Fiorino van with the 1.3 Multijet Diesel engine itís an ex fleet van. Does about 45mpg buzzes around all day without a hiccup. The engine is bullet proof, lots of torque, never had a problem with it.

You can get some real bargains with ex fleet Fiat vans as they are usually leased by big utility companies like SSE from Lex Autolease, have quite low mileage and include racking inside. Plus they all come with full service history and are usually replaced every two years. Mine had every minute detail on its records including whenever a bulb was changed or even the tyres pumped up.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:19 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Interesting, where would I look for such a thing?

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM

stonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Auctions such as blackbushe in surrey
Old 05-11-2017, 02:48 PM

boxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bipper / Nemo.