Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 PM

Newozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS Murray
BBC reports he shot himself and was not shot by anyone else.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:49 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Don't blame the guns, blame the mental illness says the President who signed a law allowing the mentally ill to have guns
The same situation in the UK would probably involve a kitchen knife or, if you were v unlucky, there was that guy with the samurai sword.

Such an attack would probably result in a few injured, maybe worse, before the person is overpowered.

The Texas attacker had 3 guns, one a semi-automatic.

I know which country gives me more chance of survival.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:40 AM

Newozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS Murray
Groundhog day which frankly I'm finding very funny... same ole discussion.. its a great pattern to wstch from afar... I'll get my popcorn out!
Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
This is significant. In fact, one of the problems for places that want tighter checks on weapons availability is that they are hamstrung by other states. As this article shows, the vast majority of guns used in Chicago/Illinois crime originate in nearby states (especially Indiana) that has much looser laws. Similarly in California, which has among the tightest controls, weapons pour in from Nevada and Arizona.
That's not the issue I was addressing. Whilst different states have a whole host of different laws on a variety of subjects, it's a wide misconception that 'the south' is blanket full of gun toting hillbillies, and the north, west, mid west etc is not.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 AM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newozeagle View Post
The same BBC have just reported that the shot that killed him was self inflicted, but prior to this he was also shot in the leg and torso by a citizen.
And they've just shown an interview with Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane in which he also stated this.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:20 AM

mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Those guys who pursued him were actual heroes though regardless of anything else, that was brave.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Perhaps brave. But heroes?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Hats off to them... I don’t care what labels people put on them... they probably saved lives.. I’d guess the vast majority of people (including me) would run away from gunfire.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 AM

mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.mte103 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Semantics; it's more heroic than anything I have ever done and it seems their actions, whatever they were contributed towards this fool crashing.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Groundhog day which frankly I'm finding very funny... same ole discussion.. its a great pattern to wstch from afar... I'll get my popcorn out!
What a strange and immature reaction to find anything about these tragic events (including the discussion of them), to be ‘funny’ or ‘great’.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mte103 View Post
Those guys who pursued him were actual heroes though regardless of anything else, that was brave.
Must be easier to be brave when you’re wielding an AR assault rifle.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:38 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Groundhog day which frankly I'm finding very funny...
Really? Not sure it's that funny mate...
Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thank God he was armed. I mean if he wasn't armed he wouldn't have been able to take out the guy who had killed 27 innocents when he did. Could have been far worse
Old 08-11-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
What a strange and immature reaction to find anything about these tragic events (including the discussion of them), to be ‘funny’ or ‘great’.
I thought someone might say that when i wrote it... depends on how you read it...
Old 08-11-2017, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Really? Not sure it's that funny mate...
The repeated subject matter is fricken hilarious... "guns dont kill people do", "if only the priest/teacher etc" had a gun it would not have happened, etc etc .the word sanctimonious comes to mind!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
The repeated subject matter is fricken hilarious... "guns dont kill people do", "if only the priest/teacher etc" had a gun it would not have happened, etc etc .the word sanctimonious comes to mind!
Ugh...
Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 AM

Socrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Must be easier to be brave when you’re wielding an AR assault rifle.
Not wanting to cast any aspersions on the "Good Samaritan" (as Texas law enforcement officers are calling him) but I've often wondered how many gun owners fantasise about being involved in a similar scenario just so they can shoot at a person instead of a target. More than one pro-gun American I've spoken to about gun control seemed almost keen to be burgled (or even more lurid threat situation) in which case they would not hesitate, they say, to shoot the malefactor dead.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
He was shot twice by a civilian this is an easy fact to see probably best to get this right before you post.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 08-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
He was shot twice by a civilian this is an easy fact to see probably best to get this right before you post.
But the kill shot was self inflicted, which is probably what newoz is refering to.

The video of one of the fellas that gave chase almost had a sense of glee about it when he was talking about giving chase.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Not wanting to cast any aspersions on the "Good Samaritan" (as Texas law enforcement officers are calling him) but I've often wondered how many gun owners fantasise about being involved in a similar scenario just so they can shoot at a person instead of a target. More than one pro-gun American I've spoken to about gun control seemed almost keen to be burgled (or even more lurid threat situation) in which case they would not hesitate, they say, to shoot the malefactor dead.
I don't doubt this is true but could the same not be true if military or police officers.

I don't think anyone wishes to have situations of mass killings but if I lived in the US the fact that there are people close by who would and are capable of stopping in it or limiting it is a good thing.

Of course if no one had guns this would not happen and this is the correct answer, but America is never going to be without guns this will not change so any policy or protocol to deal with mass shootings whether local or personal has to take into account personal firearm ownership
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal