Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Relegation Avoidance Calculator 17/18

Earlier and better than ever. I just have a feeling that this thread is going to be ever present all the time we are in the Prem. As usual I am not making predictions just showing the type of position we should be in during the season if we are to avoid relegation. I have taken 39 points again as the safe total - it may be less and I was considering reducing it but this season clubs do seem to be doing a little better than last so I'm keeping it the same. So that means 35 points from 27 games - easy?

As has been said elsewhere these next games do look fairly vital to do well in as we have a tough run after that.

Team______________Projected_____________Actual____ ________Target +/-_____________Overall
Everton (h)........................D...................... ......D............................O.............. .....................O
Stoke (h)...........................W
Brighton(a)........................L
West Brom (a)...................D
Bournemouth(h).................W
Watford(h).........................W
Leicester(a)........................L
Swansea (a).......................W
Arsenal(h)..........................L
Man City(h).........................L
Southampton(a)..................L
Burnley(h)..........................W
Arsenal(a)...........................L
West Ham(a).......................D
Newcastle(h).......................W
Everton(a)..........................L
Spurs(h).............................D
Man U(h)............................L
Chelsea(a)..........................L
Huddersfield(a)...................D
Liverpool(h)........................D
Bournemouth(a)..................W
Brighton(h).........................W
Watford(a)..........................L
Leicester(h)........................W
Stoke(a).............................L
West Brom(h).....................W

By the Way does anyone know why we play Swansea twice before we play Arsenal once? I do not recall that happening before but maybe it does sometimes - means that our first 19 games are easier on paper than our second 19 as the team we play twice in the first 19 is Swansea.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 19-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Nice one

Just a little bump to get it above the old thread

Old 06-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
This isn't anywhere near as daunting as I had expected it to look.

Quietly confident.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:14 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Cheers for that, given our recent performances that looks very doable.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is an implicit assumption in the OP that we will score a minimum of 10 more goals between now and the end of the season.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:25 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
There is an implicit assumption in the OP that we will score a minimum of 10 more goals between now and the end of the season.
That is entirely possible with our current joint-leading top scorer,. . . o.g.

Everton (h)........................D
Stoke (h)...........................L
Brighton(a)........................L
West Brom (a)...................L
Watford(h).........................W
Swansea (a).......................L
Southampton(a)..................L
Burnley(h)..........................L
Spurs(h).............................L
Huddersfield(a)...................L
Liverpool(h)........................L
Watford(a)..........................L
Stoke(a).............................L

or maybe not

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 06-11-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Next 4-6 games look very winneable, Benteke back, starting to play well, defence tighter. Surely our luck has to change. Things will be so much clearer in early December.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:29 PM

mystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disappointed that we're so low on confidence we are projecting a loss at the Amex. Probably right though.
Wednesday promoted from Champ

Seanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSeanee Pawnee will cross the room to turn the lights down low
I just did a quick calculaish and have us finishing on 35pts...
Not enough!
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
That is entirely possible with our current joint-leading top scorer,. . . o.g.
you do realise Zaha is out top scorer with 2
Old 06-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Iíll have a go...

Everton (h)........................W
Brighton(a)........................W
Watford(h).........................D
Southampton(a)..................D
Huddersfield(a)...................W
Watford(a)..........................D
Stoke(a).............................D

Think that would see us safe and isnít unrealistic
Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
you do realise Zaha is out top scorer with 2
yeah zaha is an og
Old 06-11-2017, 12:36 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
I was deliberately pessimistic with a few of our upcoming matches because I think people are investing far too much in them - too many people saying Everton is a must win game, that we cannot allow ourselves to lose to Brighton etc. The above shows that isn't true and there is more than enough time to get out of the mess we are in

TFM - I am not sure you have understood the principle - you have got us getting lots of points more than we need - we may well do but this is not a prediction thread simply an indication of what we might need to do to get to the magic 39 points. We can ignore what others do (no need to hope that Man U or Brighton win eg) as long as we get enough points on the board we will be safe.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I was deliberately pessimistic with a few of our upcoming matches because I think people are investing far too much in them - too many people saying Everton is a must win game, that we cannot allow ourselves to lose to Brighton etc. The above shows that isn't true and there is more than enough time to get out of the mess we are in

TFM - I am not sure you have understood the principle - you have got us getting lots of points more than we need - we may well do but this is not a prediction thread simply an indication of what we might need to do to get to the magic 39 points. We can ignore what others do (no need to hope that Man U or Brighton win eg) as long as we get enough points on the board we will be safe.
I know I get that. More a post to show we are still in it.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:52 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I know I get that. More a post to show we are still in it.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone have website links to updated Gx charts people sometimes mention?

I know we took 1 point from Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs but our performances perhaps warranted more
Old 06-11-2017, 01:03 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee View Post
I just did a quick calculaish and have us finishing on 35pts...
Not enough!
would have been 3 out of the last 5 years
Old 06-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Does anyone have website links to updated Gx charts people sometimes mention?

I know we took 1 point from Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs but our performances perhaps warranted more
Here's one of many examples. This lot have us in 10th based on xG.

We "won" again on the weekend - as we have for the last 3.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Good to see this thread back another year, keeps a more realistic view of our chances of staying up
Old 06-11-2017, 11:56 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I’ll have a go...

Everton (h)........................W
Brighton(a)........................W
Watford(h).........................D
Southampton(a)..................D
Huddersfield(a)...................W
Watford(a)..........................D
Stoke(a).............................D

Think that would see us safe and isn’t unrealistic
We have never won more than 13 games in a season since we've been up. Asking a lot to match that record after such a stinking start. Hope we can string a run together that gets us back in abunch. Being cut adrift feels awful.