Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 13-11-2017, 10:23 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
The Brighton 3-1 was special, I remember being in the ground going 1-0 down and everyone around me was saying this was their revenge for the 5-0. With their new ground and trouncing start to the season their was an air of the tides turning slightly but turned it around to be the first team ever to beat them at their new ground.

We've had so many pukka results over Brighton though I imagine the thread wants the different results.

Arsenal 3-0
Liverpool 3-3
Sheffield Wednesday 2-1
Charlton 1-0 - KG
Burnley 5-0
Coventry 4-1
Reading 3-0
Liverpool 2-1 Rubins

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
This To view the link you have to Register or Login

One of the first away games I went to. Snowed all game and when Matty Lawrence hooked the ball in in the 90th minute half of us didn't even realise it had gone in.

We later lost our train tickets home and had to bunk the train back to London.
What a game. Absolute pandemonium when Matty Lawrence put that in, not that we could see the goal!
Old 13-11-2017, 10:30 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
What a game. Absolute pandemonium when Matty Lawrence put that in, not that we could see the goal!
Went down at least 5 (empty) rows
Old 13-11-2017, 10:37 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quite enjoyed wolves away under Bruce. Kirovski with a curler to put us top of the league
Old 13-11-2017, 10:44 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
What is the best Palace game you have ever been to that didn't mean anything so not including promotion, relegation, play offs, semi finals, finals etc)

Off the top of my head I would say mine is Peterborough
one of those freak unplanned great days out
Old 13-11-2017, 10:50 AM

sherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Winning 4-1 at home to Ipswich - Mariner, Muhren, Wark and all - to go top of the league in September 1979 was pretty special.
Old 13-11-2017, 10:52 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
0-2 at the weed. I will love Wilf, Julian, Holloway and the rest forever for that night.
The 3-3 was a great game too.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 13-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2-3 at the Withdean with a Jobi last gasp winner was also very good, cue Palace fans all over that shyte running track!
Old 13-11-2017, 11:26 AM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
Winning 4-1 at home to Ipswich - Mariner, Muhren, Wark and all - to go top of the league in September 1979 was pretty special.
yep in all my 53 years watching palace dont think i will ever see us play any better
Old 13-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Loafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace 3 Liverpool 3
Wallsall 3 Palace 4
Palace 3 Arsenal 0
CFC 1 Palace 2
Liverpool 1 Palace 2
Sunderland 1 Palace 4
Palace 4 Millwall 3
Palace 5 Brighton 0
Palace 5 Plymouth 1
Palace 6 Birmingham 0
Peterborough o Palace 2 or did they get 1?
Wolves 1 Palace 4
S Wed 2 Palace 2
no particular order, but they all stand out
Old 13-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
In no particular order:

Brighton (A) - poo-gate playoff semis. Still think Ollie deserves a statue for getting us up and relegating Millwall.

Crystanbul - for sheer emotion and puncturing the scouse bubble that was special

Ipswich Town (H) 12/13 The best game of that run.

Wolves (H) - FA cup 10/11 - still don't believe that happened!

Burnley (h) 07/08 we'd won it in the first 15 mins

The Charlton 1-0 in 12/13 was a great night out, but then the whole of that run was pretty special.

Just realised that all bar one of these were evening games. Something of the night about us?
Old 13-11-2017, 11:44 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
4-2 away at Wrexham - 2 goals for us in last 3 minutes . Wrexham lost to Mansfield on the Saturday afterwards ( I went to that as well ) , so we got promoted .
Old 13-11-2017, 11:53 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
A game that stands out for me is a midweek game under the lights at Selhurst, I think in 1972. 2 nil down against a very strong Arsenal after only 5 mins. The atmosphere in the place as we battled back to get a 2-2 draw has stayed with me to this day. Bobby Kellard became a Palace hero to me on that night. The pride I felt as I left the ground has never been bettered.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:53 AM

Joe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
The millwall game was the one when John Humphrey scored the classic own goal, and the Coventry game if I remember rightly Scannell scored both goals
Geoff Hopkins scored the own goal. We had not signed Humphrey yet
Old 13-11-2017, 11:56 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Palace 1 - 0 Millwall. 93/94. We had been getting pelted with coins, batteries etc all game by the knuckle-draggers. Snowed at half time. Armstrong heads in from about 6 inches of the ground.....Mayhem.

Palace 3-3 Bin Dippers. No explanation needed.
And the thing is, Palace could/should have won that 4-3, so was slightly disappointed with the result.
Also Palace V Stoke, I think 2004, ended up 6-3 winners. End to end stuff for 90 minutes
Old 13-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The 2-0 win against Blackburn in our promotion season with Fleming as caretaker. It was just a sheer joy watching us that day. I didn't want the game to end.

Loved the 5-1 against Newcastle a few years ago. Again, it was so unusual to watch a PL game feeling so relaxed.

Last edited by EagleSE24; 13-11-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 13-11-2017, 12:03 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Been so many, as mentioned above, but one that sticks in my mind is the 1-0 win at Orient in the 78/79 promotion season. We had so many home-grown players in that side, and the atmosphere generated by Palace fans was brilliant.
Old 13-11-2017, 12:17 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1905 View Post
Geoff Hopkins scored the own goal. We had not signed Humphrey yet

Jeff Hopkins
Old 13-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Burnley away on the opening day of 2003-04, when we won 3-2 with a Dougie hat-trick despite both Routledge and Derry being sent off. Just a glorious summer Saturday in every respect.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 13-11-2017, 12:20 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
1987: Man C 1 Palace 3.
Unbelievable game. City were on a crazy long unbeaten run which included a 10-1 massacre of Huddersfield. No one gave us a chance. Went 1 down midway through the second half but then Brighty got their keeper Nixon sent off and all hell broke loose. Wright and Bright ran rampage and the 400 or so Palace faithful were lucky to get out alive as 25,000 City fans scaled the fences screaming, 'There's gonna be a riot!'