Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Tristán

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just asked Steve Parish whether he reads our recommendations here

I am at a Business Startup Show (just launched my website accessibility company To view the link you have to Register or Login) and Parish is here talking about how he “learnt to Soar with the Eagles”, (that’s the name of his talk).

I couldn’t resist asking him, in the Q&A afterwards, whether anyone at CPFC staff ever read this forum. I’ll let you listen to his amusing reply. I also asked him why he sold Glenn Murray, on behalf of a friend.

[YOUTUBE]oUNCw1DX0ys[/YOUTUBE]
Old 17-11-2017, 12:13 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 17-11-2017, 12:18 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Hairbear from the AW corner...
Old 17-11-2017, 12:19 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Of course he shouldn’t take suggestions from forums. On the whole, we’re a bunch of f—king idiots that think we can run a club, manage the team and probably rule the world.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:19 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
What's happening with the shirt collars?
Old 17-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Interesting.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanWhite View Post
I am at a Business Startup Show (just launched my website accessibility company To view the link you have to Register or Login) and Parish is here talking about how he “learnt to Soar with the Eagles”, (that’s the name of his talk).

I couldn’t resist asking him, in the Q&A afterwards, whether anyone at CPFC staff ever read this forum. I’ll let you listen to his amusing reply. I also asked him why he sold Glenn Murray, on behalf of a friend.

[YOUTUBE]oUNCw1DX0ys[/YOUTUBE]
So it was Pardew who said he wasn't good enough.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Interesting. Does not bother reading the BBS anymore because of the vitriol and would only really do so if he wanted to hang himself.
On selling Glenn Murray was on the recommendation of management who said he was past it following injury (to be honest they were right and it is only the last few weeks he has shown a bit of the old Glenn). Of course he is not going to say what a miserable git he is as well.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
That's the way I read it too.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Actually enjoyed his answer re recruitment - playing it too safe with signings & being bottom. Fair play. Also liked his honesty re Murray - we shouldn't have sold him.

You know it's good when the only thing I've come away pissed off about is his collar.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
100%. But then again, Warnock sent him out to Reading.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:34 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Actually enjoyed his answer re recruitment - playing it too safe with signings & being bottom. Fair play. Also liked his honesty re Murray - we shouldn't have sold him.

You know it's good when the only thing I've come away pissed off about is his collar.
Lol yeah his collar was bothering me too
Old 17-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Of course he shouldn’t take suggestions from forums. On the whole, we’re a bunch of f—king idiots that think we can run a club, manage the team and probably rule the world.
Alternatively, we're a bunch of people with a very diverse experience base, much wider than any relatively small group of paid employees who could well move onto another club. We also have the club's best interests at heart and are unlikely to move onto another club.

OK, so as SP has said, you have to wade through so much rubbish to get to the gems, but strange things happen.

Who was the guy a Wycombe who joined them in the run-up to their ?League Cup run and was found via ?social media?
Old 17-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Tristán

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post

Some of us are. But some of us watch a lot of foreign football - I’m also a Valencia fan so watch at least one La Liga game a week and often more, and there’s loads of really informed people in this thread who watch a lot of European football. Some of our suggestions have been excellent. I think you’re underestimating the collective knowledge some of us have!
Old 17-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Mark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lump on Glenn to score the winner against us and the Weed will replay this video time and time again.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:39 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some of us are. But some of us watch a lot of foreign football - I’m also a Valencia fan so watch at least one La Liga game a week and often more, and there’s loads of really informed people in this thread who watch a lot of European football. Some of our suggestions have been excellent. I think you’re underestimating the collective knowledge some of us have!
Unfortunately, you need more than be able to say I've seen such & such a player look good on tv a few times.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:41 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Alternatively, we're a bunch of people with a very diverse experience base, much wider than any relatively small group of paid employees who could well move onto another club. We also have the club's best interests at heart and are unlikely to move onto another club.

OK, so as SP has said, you have to wade through so much rubbish to get to the gems, but strange things happen.

Who was the guy a Wycombe who joined them in the run-up to their ?League Cup run and was found via ?social media?

Of course, but how is SP to know on here is talking sense and who is talking complete bollocks. He can't investigate every single suggestion and alos if these players are that good, they will often be aware of them. At the end of the day, that's why he employs scouts and a Director of football so as not to rely on heresay from 'experts' on forums. That's not to say that people don't know their stuff but if they were that good at eyeing a player then they would be in the trade scouting.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Premier League still here

peterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm surprised with your extensive knowledge you haven't jacked in your day job and become a freelance scout for the club!

Andy beat me to it!!
Old 17-11-2017, 01:02 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember someone asked Steve B if he ever passed on the recommendations on here to the scouts and he said whenever he does the scouts often replied back that they already knew about them.

I don't think the problem with our club is the scouting but the transfer policy itself.
Old 17-11-2017, 01:06 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
If your/our suggestions are so good why not e-mail the club direct?

Good answers from him to be fair