Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-11-2017, 07:19 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
lol 2:55 Freudian Finger slip...
Old 17-11-2017, 07:35 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Of course he shouldn’t take suggestions from forums. On the whole, we’re a bunch of f—king idiots that think we can run a club, manage the team and probably rule the world.
Absolutely.
Always said,Most,Fans are Idiots.
Leave it to the Owners.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Absolutely.
Always said,Most,Fans are Idiots.
Leave it to the Owners.
Yup. Mutch and Sako.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:42 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Unfortunately, you need more than be able to say I've seen such & such a player look good on tv a few times.
Indeed, but it still seems more than our entire scouting set up over the last 5 years have done.

Have we looked at anyone at all from South or Central America, even the United States in the last 5 years? We've even played games in the US.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
To be fair to Sp if I was him I probably wouldn’t take a lot of notice of what people say on here
He took an awful lot of notice when we weren't in the Premier.

Enough notice to threaten to sue one BBSer, and then belittle him regarding his mother.

SP is talking absolute bollox on this point. They stopped posting EXACTLY on the day Pulis walked out. They couldn't face the shitstorm.

The BBS was a great forum for them in the early days, when they were superstars and wanted to milk it. First time the plan hit the rocks, they decided the BBS was shit.

Don't fall for that rubbish being spouted.

The BBS will be back in vogue again in the championship when the money's dried up, and the media appearance are few and far between.

I am not sure what he is lauding at this conference. The title of the speech is hackneyed and cliched and something a Sun reporter would have headlined with 30 years back. When we are off the bottom and with a couple of stands built, a couple of back up strikers and a goalkeeper, and a functioning acadamy set up, then go out and give your speech about how to run a successful business.
Old 17-11-2017, 09:09 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanWhite View Post
I am at a Business Startup Show (just launched my website accessibility company To view the link you have to Register or Login) and Parish is here talking about how he “learnt to Soar with the Eagles”, (that’s the name of his talk).

I couldn’t resist asking him, in the Q&A afterwards, whether anyone at CPFC staff ever read this forum. I’ll let you listen to his amusing reply. I also asked him why he sold Glenn Murray, on behalf of a friend.

[YOUTUBE]oUNCw1DX0ys[/YOUTUBE]
I think you presented you question well, however the very first thing SP did was start asking a different one.

You had asked does the club / anyone at the club look at the suggestions in the BBS. He answered in first person only, a Freudian slip perhaps...
Old 17-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Enough notice to threaten to sue one BBSer, and then belittle him regarding his mother.

SP is talking absolute bollox on this point. They stopped posting EXACTLY on the day Pulis walked out. They couldn't face the shitstorm.

The BBS was a great forum for them in the early days, when they were superstars and wanted to milk it. First time the plan hit the rocks, they decided the BBS was shit.

The BBS will be back in vogue again in the championship when the money's dried up, and the media appearance are few and far between.

I am not sure what he is lauding at this conference. The title of the speech is hackneyed and cliched and something a Sun reporter would have headlined with 30 years back. When we are off the bottom and with a couple of stands built, a couple of back up strikers and a goalkeeper, and a functioning acadamy set up, then go out and give your speech about how to run a successful business.
Excellent post.
Old 17-11-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Excellent post.
I dont want to be one to slag off SP at every opportunity. But I will rally against the idea being put out there that the BBS is somehow to blame for things.

I credit SP for having enough balls to stand up for himself and the Club in the face of criticism from a few idiots on the BBS. He has gone head to head with Shearer. He has posted in the heat of the moment with twitter twats. The BBS is Mary Whitehouse level of abuse compared with what he gets on Twatter and Facebook.

I just dont accept that someone as media open, even media obsessed to a certain degree was chased off the BBS by negative criticism.

I take umbrage at posters who continue to purport this myth, and I am disappointed that SP has chosen to rail against the BBS in this way himself. If that is the case Steve, stay off of fecking twitter, HOL etc. as well. He made the dumbarse mistake of the sun not coming up regarding Benteke. Nobody else made that wisecrack, and it came back and bit him on the arse.

Let us have a bit of honesty from the man in this regard. Pulis left the Club, the BBS went into meltdown, and quite rightly CPFC2010 decided it was prudent not to post. A shame they made that permanent. But that was their decision, not the fault of any of us on the BBS.

Of course, you could add in that at the same time they are in dialogue with the HF to the degree that dedicated sections of away fans tickets are agreed. Should the HF decide not to boycott a certain fixture.

Let us get it on record that this is the real truth, not one that SP seemingly likes to put out there.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:53 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Brighty did a terrible job of dressing him that morning! Look at those collars, all over the place!
Spent far too long with the hairspraying.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:

You do seem to like this Pulis point, but Pulis left in 2014, and CPFC2010 have posted hundreds of times since.

Is it not possible that it is a change in the fans' attitude towards them caused them to withdraw, rather than this rock star aloofness that you purport so strongly?

Personally, I just think the whole thing started to become too time consuming, and as the club's profile rose, so did the potential for long winded, petty arguments getting blown out of proportion.

One minute the club's leadership are being criticised for not focussing on getting things sorted out on the pitch, then the next they're being criticised for not spending four hours a day catering for a bunch of messageboard genie lamp rubbers demanding a toilet paper update for the AW.

I'm also unsure what Parish would have to be so ashamed about with Pulis leaving. Even if the fall out were unmanageable, that says more about the needy demands of the modern social media user than it does about the club's hierarchy.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Tristán

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Hairbear from the AW corner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Ah cheers mate knew i recognised him , great questions too and tbf good answers.
LOL - "Hairbear"? Love it! First I've heard it! Hairbear and proud!!
Old 17-11-2017, 11:20 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Excellent post.
It really isn't.

Parish has never posted regularly on the bbs, either before or after promotion.

Browett posted regularly until it became too time-consuming. It didn't coincide at all with Pulis walking out so I'm not sure what that point is supposed to be about. A quick search puts that one to bed instantly.

I doubt Cpfc2010 will post as regularly as they used to if we go back to the championship. Aside from it being very useful for a lot of fans, the club didn't exactly benefit from it hugely.

And the bottom paragraph of PeterHs post is nonsence. Just because we don't currently have a backup striker does not completely negate Steve Parish's business acumen. He's overseen the most successful period at the club in years and clearly knows how to run a business successfully. It's pointless to suggest otherwise, no matter how badly the season has gone.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
I think PeterH makes good points as usual and maybe I'm a sucker, but seeing Parish in that interview makes it all seem all right. You have to like someone who can admit to mistakes and in public. The collar fiasco only adds to the sincerity.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:08 AM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
It really isn't.

Parish has never posted regularly on the bbs, either before or after promotion.

Browett posted regularly until it became too time-consuming. It didn't coincide at all with Pulis walking out so I'm not sure what that point is supposed to be about. A quick search puts that one to bed instantly.

I doubt Cpfc2010 will post as regularly as they used to if we go back to the championship. Aside from it being very useful for a lot of fans, the club didn't exactly benefit from it hugely.

And the bottom paragraph of PeterHs post is nonsence. Just because we don't currently have a backup striker does not completely negate Steve Parish's business acumen. He's overseen the most successful period at the club in years and clearly knows how to run a business successfully. It's pointless to suggest otherwise, no matter how badly the season has gone.

Totally agree - excellent post.

Steve Browett also stopped posting as he was getting tons of abuse purely for answering fans questions and realised it wasn’t worth the aggro. He then got tons of stick for not posting. BBS hasn’t changed much.
Old 18-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Not sure why anyone can be upset about his answers to those questions. They weren't negative.

Re CPFC2010 not posting any more: I think the idiots that thought it was OK to slag them off despite them risking engaging so directly got what they deserved. I also think the media were starting to get interested in the comments. It was great while it lasted.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:02 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Not sure why anyone can be upset about his answers to those questions. They weren't negative.
Agree, fair play to the man.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And if Murray hadn’t scored a goal all season it would be:

Well, it was in the best interest of the player and club.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:32 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
He scored 20 last season.
In the 2nd tier. It's whether he can do it for a full season at Premier League level that is the question. 3 in 19 for Bournemouth and before the last few weeks 0 in 6 for Brighton made it look like not too bad a decision. He's then hit a purple patch which (coupled with our own well-documented striker issues) has suddenly raised the hysteria levels.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know why he just doesn't at least log in to find out what maestro has to say about a player. The bloke knows his onions...........
Old 18-11-2017, 02:37 PM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Agree with all of this. He should be keeping his mouth shut and focusing only on rebuilding his credibility. Idiot.