Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-11-2017, 02:40 PM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
It really isn't.

Parish has never posted regularly on the bbs, either before or after promotion.

Browett posted regularly until it became too time-consuming. It didn't coincide at all with Pulis walking out so I'm not sure what that point is supposed to be about. A quick search puts that one to bed instantly.

I doubt Cpfc2010 will post as regularly as they used to if we go back to the championship. Aside from it being very useful for a lot of fans, the club didn't exactly benefit from it hugely.

And the bottom paragraph of PeterHs post is nonsence. Just because we don't currently have a backup striker does not completely negate Steve Parish's business acumen. He's overseen the most successful period at the club in years and clearly knows how to run a business successfully. It's pointless to suggest otherwise, no matter how badly the season has gone.
It really is...given the monumental f*ck up he has presided over this season.
Old 18-11-2017, 04:31 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
You do seem to like this Pulis point, but Pulis left in 2014, and CPFC2010 have posted hundreds of times since.
100s of times?

SP has nothing to be ashamed about re: Pulis. I didn't say he did. CPFC2010 effectively cut the communication with the BBS on that fateful Thursday though.

I would say that they may have posted 20 or 30 times maximum since then.

I can't remember the last time Browett posted on here.
Old 18-11-2017, 04:37 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
I think PeterH makes good points as usual and maybe I'm a sucker, but seeing Parish in that interview makes it all seem all right. You have to like someone who can admit to mistakes and in public. The collar fiasco only adds to the sincerity.
I have no problems at all with what he said in that interview.

I have more of an issue with him giving speeches about business acumen on the back of the last six months of mismanagement. Longer if you count the Pardew period.

For me, it all goes back to when SP and Pards took a jolly to New York when Pardew should have been getting the players fit and prepared in training.

It was a huge show of arrogance, bright lights of media work and all very pally with Lampard etc.. We fell apart exactly from that point on with the pitiful defeat to West Ham after the international break. There is absolutely no way that a team's first team manager should be swanning off to The USA during the season. Even if it is a chance for a meet and great with the American owners. Very unprofessional - and SP not only allowed it, he set it up and encouraged it.
Old 18-11-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
And the bottom paragraph of PeterHs post is nonsence. Just because we don't currently have a backup striker does not completely negate Steve Parish's business acumen. He's overseen the most successful period at the club in years and clearly knows how to run a business successfully. It's pointless to suggest otherwise, no matter how badly the season has gone.

And the lack of a decent goalkeeper - the first choice Hennessey wasn't even in the list of the top 20 Premier goalkeepers. Then we let the third choice go to create a space in the 25, and haven't filled the space.

He might be a great businessman, but he is well short of being a decent football businessman.
Old 18-11-2017, 05:14 PM

CPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weedCPFC2010ANDON is AJ vs the 'weed
Football and business are two different things. Football generally isn't run like a business.

No need to mix the two.

Our last four owners were all successful business people that became our chairmen. Only Noades ran us anywhere like a business, and look at the vitrol he got and still gets from many.
Old 18-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Come on Palace

cpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Freedman said that Murray was really difficult to deal with, hence why he playe Easter instead of him a few times. Eddie Howe who a lot of fans think we should have as manager also didn’t rate him so let’s not be too critical
Old 18-11-2017, 07:26 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON View Post
Football and business are two different things. Football generally isn't run like a business.

No need to mix the two.

Our last four owners were all successful business people that became our chairmen. Only Noades ran us anywhere like a business, and look at the vitrol he got and still gets from many.
How are your fictitious wife and child and career doing, you lying shit?
Old 18-11-2017, 07:28 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-11-2017, 08:28 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's nothing to do with being risk averse it's do with us being as thick as sh*t. There is no other way to put it, it is just how it is. Our best players all being available (and therefore us being able to field a normal football team) make us capable of beating almost anyone on the day so it's not like we have no chance though.
Old 18-11-2017, 08:47 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
It's nothing to do with being risk averse it's do with us being as thick as sh*t. There is no other way to put it, it is just how it is. Our best players all being available (and therefore us being able to field a normal football team) make us capable of beating almost anyone on the day so it's not like we have no chance though.
SP's risk averse quote was in reference to our preference for recruiting Premier League experience over foreign talent.

The stupidity of appointing FDB and not signing absolutely no one to fill the glaring gaps in our squad is a separate issue.
Old 18-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Need to make your questions more concise fella.

But ratings for asking.
Old 18-11-2017, 10:20 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
SP's risk averse quote was in reference to our preference for recruiting Premier League experience over foreign talent.

The stupidity of appointing FDB and not signing absolutely no one to fill the glaring gaps in our squad is a separate issue.
Well not if you've left yourself with those glaring gaps because of that policy. I am assuming you mean "anyone". Well you made plenty of assumptions on my comments ((spot on though you absolutely were on them)
Old 18-11-2017, 10:33 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Well not if you've left yourself with those glaring gaps because of that policy. I am assuming you mean "anyone". Well you made plenty of assumptions on my comments ((spot on though you absolutely were on them)
Yep meant "anyone". And yes fair comment, especially since an unbalanced squad has been a problem for 3 windows.
Old 18-11-2017, 11:37 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Risk averse, sorry SP but what a load of bollocks.

It comes down to recruitment and scouting, how do clubs like Benfica, Sporting etc remain so competitive in Europe with a fraction of the finances we have. Answer is they HAVE to recruit extraordinarily well picking out unknown gems from countries that are thriving or unknown leagues.

Benfica have raided the Serbian market because they know there's a host of top talent coming out of it. Just as Porto did with the columbians a few years back. Luke has been the best signing in recent times, we should have at least 3-4 of those type in since Pardew was here.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 19-11-2017, 04:20 AM

And we managed to with Luka. Finding more like him would be a start. I am not sure Coe and Freedman are up to the job at Premier League level.
Old 19-11-2017, 04:57 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Luka was playing for the best team in Greece. He was hardly dug up. I don’t underdtand why we haven’t invested a few million a year in qualified people scouring all over the world for potential. Thry would cost a fraction to buy. Who doesn’t want the chance to play in the premier league?
Old 19-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He took an awful lot of notice when we weren't in the Premier.

Enough notice to threaten to sue one BBSer, and then belittle him regarding his mother.

SP is talking absolute bollox on this point. They stopped posting EXACTLY on the day Pulis walked out. They couldn't face the shitstorm.

The BBS was a great forum for them in the early days, when they were superstars and wanted to milk it. First time the plan hit the rocks, they decided the BBS was shit.

Don't fall for that rubbish being spouted.

The BBS will be back in vogue again in the championship when the money's dried up, and the media appearance are few and far between.

I am not sure what he is lauding at this conference. The title of the speech is hackneyed and cliched and something a Sun reporter would have headlined with 30 years back. When we are off the bottom and with a couple of stands built, a couple of back up strikers and a goalkeeper, and a functioning acadamy set up, then go out and give your speech about how to run a successful business.
Oof. But probably correct.
Old 19-11-2017, 06:23 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
If he was there talking about how to run a succesful business, one would assume he was talking about his actual business, not Palace. We are where we are because of pure luck.
Old 19-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
100s of times?

SP has nothing to be ashamed about re: Pulis. I didn't say he did. CPFC2010 effectively cut the communication with the BBS on that fateful Thursday though.

I would say that they may have posted 20 or 30 times maximum since then.

In their statistics page, there's about 15 pages of posts since Pulis left. 50posts per page is over 700 posts, most recently July this year.

As stated, the reason given was that it had become time consuming. The club's raised media profile has also increased the risk of 'shit storms'.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to be anything to do with Pulis.

Last edited by Vince Hilaire's Afro; 19-11-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 19-11-2017, 07:49 AM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfclife View Post
Freedman said that Murray was really difficult to deal with, hence why he playe Easter instead of him a few times.
This is a bit chicken and egg thogh, don't you think?
We have a player being consistently under-rated, played in the wrong role (at Bournemouth) and dropped in favour Easter (at best a championship player).
Is it surprising he was sometimes moody and difficult to deal with as a result?