Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 20-11-2017, 09:46 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Your January shopping list

So what would you do if it was your call in January? We will be in a relegation scrap, we could be 6-9 points away from safety. Looking at the squad now what would you do?

Outs:
Difficult because you need someone willing to take the players but.....
Jordan Mutch - just get him off the list loan, free, whatever
PVA - If there is interest in him we have too many left backs and questionable if any are good enough
Hennessey - See if Sunderland are interested in taking him, only 6 months left so not much of a fee
Fosu-Mensah - if he is not going to be starting regularly then look to return him to Man Utd to free up a loan spot

Ins:
Ronnow probably cost 3-4m to come in and take the gloves
Wilshere - if we cannot get Cabaye to sign a new deal then JW will be reasonable value in the Jan market given he has only 6months left and wants to go to WC
Sturridge - IF Fosu-Mensah goes back he woud give us a very different option up top, good finisher and needs somewhere to play to go to the WC - we would probably be a fair way down any list of destinations but a 6 month loan and he would play might suit him or..
Babacar - been an ever present in transfer windows for a while now - maybe it is time to bring him in? or
Sanabria from Real Betis
(Zapata on loan at Sampdoria would be good but i think they have an obligation to buy him from Napoli next summer)

Not much money coming in but the money we would have to pay would hopefully be nowhere near last years outlay in Jan.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:00 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sturridge came to mind on a 6 month loan. Needs to play to make World Cup squad. Injuries and wages would suggest we should never buy him though.

Other than that, its important we buy players who will be willing to stay in the Champ incase the worst happens. Albrighton would be a good fit.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:20 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
The most important window since last January , no coincidence...

It really for me all depends on how the next 7-8 fixtures pan out which will give us a clearer indication of the likelihood of our fate for next season. I personally still think we'll be in the mix with a few good results maybe just a few points afloat. If we are then a good window will see us through I reckon.

A Keeper and Forward are obvious priorities, if there was any money left I'd like us to look at bringing in a winger and/or creative midfielder. The players who's contracts are expiring this summer doesn't make for good reading, potentially McCarthur and Cabaye both gone.

Skorupksi - I still think he's a cracking keeper who's been so unfortunate Roma had Allison lined up in the middle of last season to be their number one. He won't start for Poland but no doubt he'll want the experience of a World Cup. Empoli who he was on loan at last season got relegated but their goals conceded is an amazing statistic for a side who went down. Brighton were rumoured to have been interested in him over the summer and their recruitment setup is looking better than ours at present. Roma won't command a big fee for him either.

Forward - Mitrovic, he's been playing third/fourth fiddle at Newcastle so I'm sure he'll be happy to come here knowing he can compete with Benteke for that starting role. He offers aggression and work rate. The polar opposite to Benteke, and he's also a tidy finisher when the chance arises. He needs to develop mentally but that will come with age and more first team games with maturity. Another who's been starting for Serbia but will want to show why he should keep his place up top in the World Cup.

Winger - Lookman or Adegbenro. Both young hungry wingers who both offer raw pace off the bench with time on their side to really improve.

Creative midfielder - Wilshere or Cairney.

If the worst happens or it looks like happening Gayle has to be a must signing. Or if Hodgson persists with a 442 he'll work brilliantly with Benteke now in my eyes.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
A goalkeeper and a striker
Old 20-11-2017, 01:05 PM

ben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Goalkeeper has to be no.1 priority. Would like to see Bentley from Brentford, but I would probably take Adrian as a last resort if no one decent is available.

Striker - Someone like Danny Ings. Coming back from injury and is unlikely to get a look in at Liverpool.

Winger - Anyone with pace.

If any money left over, than a right back who can actually cross the ball on a consistent basis.
Old 20-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Sturridge came to mind on a 6 month loan. Needs to play to make World Cup squad. Injuries and wages would suggest we should never buy him though.

Other than that, its important we buy players who will be willing to stay in the Champ incase the worst happens. Albrighton would be a good fit.
no loan space

Sturridge is class, however he's always injured and the thought of him doing that stupid celebration makes me want to vomit
Old 20-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'd take the money for PVA if the rumours are true, home game against Swansea, was pub player esque..

Mutch, still has 18 months left, so maybe the best we can expect is a loan out

CYL is out of contract in the summer, and doesn't appear to be in favor at all, maybe someone will come in for him for a knock down fee

I'd loan Kai Kai out, as he needs game time.

Someone may also come in for the lesser spotted Kelly
Old 20-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If still adrift by Jan id seriously take a look at teams like Sunderland and where they are now and start building sensibly for next season. If that means selling some of the top earners then so be it. We have to be sensible and see bigger picture
Old 20-11-2017, 05:38 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Goal keeper, striker and a back up winger
Old 20-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Goal keeper, striker and a back up winger
And if we can shift a few players another creative MF.
I still think we can survive without a keeper till the end of the season.
We desperately need goals.
Old 20-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
And if we can shift a few players another creative MF.
I still think we can survive without a keeper till the end of the season.
We desperately need goals.
I don't agree, I think our keeper choices lack of ability are having a destabilising affect on our defence. In recent matches the lack of clean sheets rather than goals have been our undoing.
Old 20-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDAWSYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Spend big on a keep and then a up and coming striker from the Championship as an insurance policy for going down.
Old 20-11-2017, 07:24 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It needs Dougie to have an A and B list, we need to Firstly see where we are come the end of December. If we are right in the mix and in with a chance of survival then we call on the "A" list players capable to see us safe hopefully. If we are detached and look very likely to be relegated then we need to look at list "B" players with the intentions of planning for the Championship.
That for me would be the sensible approach so as not to be left with expensive overpaid superstars in the championship and be burned with them under performing.
Old 20-11-2017, 11:09 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
It needs Dougie to have an A and B list, we need to Firstly see where we are come the end of December. If we are right in the mix and in with a chance of survival then we call on the "A" list players capable to see us safe hopefully. If we are detached and look very likely to be relegated then we need to look at list "B" players with the intentions of planning for the Championship.
That for me would be the sensible approach so as not to be left with expensive overpaid superstars in the championship and be burned with them under performing.
Good post Nigel. Hope it's list A.
Old 21-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Good post Nigel. Hope it's list A.
My main concern "Darzet" is far too many on here keep suggesting players we should get without thinking of the consequences of relegation if it were to happen, and then be burden with highly paid players who probably could not give a hoot for CPFC and the clubs well being.
That is why i think Roy along with Dougie need to think seriously as to who they bring in the January window, but with so much dependant on where we sit in the table. It could be that we may need to offload Zaha, Benteke and Townsend our valued players in January if the situation looks hopeless so as to avoid the vultures from looking for bargains at a relegated team come the summer.
Yes it may seem like throwing in the towel early or is it just being sensible especially if our position is inevitable, surely it makes sense and we then start the rebuilding process with quality youngsters starting in January in preperation so we are up and running come next August.
I just feel it is about time the club prepared its self correctly, if it had we would not have been where we are today.
Old 21-11-2017, 01:01 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
My main concern "Darzet" is far too many on here keep suggesting players we should get without thinking of the consequences of relegation if it were to happen, and then be burden with highly paid players who probably could not give a hoot for CPFC and the clubs well being.
That is why i think Roy along with Dougie need to think seriously as to who they bring in the January window, but with so much dependant on where we sit in the table. It could be that we may need to offload Zaha, Benteke and Townsend our valued players in January if the situation looks hopeless so as to avoid the vultures from looking for bargains at a relegated team come the summer.
Yes it may seem like throwing in the towel early or is it just being sensible especially if our position is inevitable, surely it makes sense and we then start the rebuilding process with quality youngsters starting in January in preperation so we are up and running come next August.
I just feel it is about time the club prepared its self correctly, if it had we would not have been where we are today.
Indeed so much depends on our position come Ist January. Will there be a big gap between us and 17th place? If we remain in the bottom three at that time, is there a realistic chance we can escape? If we are out of the bottom three do we look comfortable? If the first option applies plan for next season with some good potential, who knows they may make an impact in the second half of the season with us as a bonus. We need to invest in decent proven players if the remaining options apply, particularly for a goalkeeper (necessary anyway) and mobile striker. According to tweets from Clapham Grand following last nights fans meeting with Dougie and Paddy McCarthy, it looks like signings will be made early on and targets are firmly lined up.
Old 21-11-2017, 02:19 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bargains?

Townsend cost us his release cause when Newcastle went down, Sissoko went for 30m, last season Pickford went for 30m.

Good players from relegated teams (bad ones in Sissoko's case) still command BIG fees.
Old 21-11-2017, 02:35 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
no loan space

Sturridge is class, however he's always injured and the thought of him doing that stupid celebration makes me want to vomit
TFM could easily be sent back. As much as he would be great for us in the future, goals are what keep you up and we are not designed to keep clean sheets
Old 21-11-2017, 02:38 PM

A lot should depend on where we are. If cut adrift then we need to look at who we can get fees for before out of contract or those who will be on mega wages and wont stay (McArthur and Benteke for example).

We know we need a keeper, 2 forwards and probably a winger as well.
Given the prices these days, 50m plus needs to be spent to keep us up. This investment would instantly be returned by the sale of Wilf in the summer if went down...
Old 21-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Bargains?

Townsend cost us his release cause when Newcastle went down, Sissoko went for 30m, last season Pickford went for 30m.

Good players from relegated teams (bad ones in Sissoko's case) still command BIG fees.
I hope you are right, but i have a feeling the vultures will be hovering for bargains if we are relegated.
As for prices, having paid what is it 32m for Benteke i would say we would be fortunate to get that amount back based on the form he has been in, probably no more than 25m. As for Townsend maybe 15m, and Wilf possibly around 35m ismy guess, whereas if we stay up i could see those above figures being 35m, 23m, and 50m respectively, that is why i feel if we seem doomed then a January sale may be to our benefit.