Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Man of the Match v Stoke (H)
Hennessey 7 1.38%
Ward 1 0.20%
Schlupp 12 2.36%
Sakho 32 6.29%
Tomkins 234 45.97%
Milivojevic 26 5.11%
Cabaye 143 28.09%
Loftus-Cheek 18 3.54%
McArthur * 1 0.20%
Townsend 5 0.98%
Zaha 28 5.50%
* Benteke 2 0.39%
Voters: 509. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got it. Drop him and put Lee on the wing. Sorted.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:51 AM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Or put him back on the wing where he should be. Now Benteke has been slowly been brought back it will happen soon enough where we dont have to play two wingers up front.
Old 27-11-2017, 06:24 AM
Asbo

Pubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Took my son to his first game this weekend, he might have been a bit to young as didn't watch much. He was more entertained with those around us than the game. Plus the performance wasn't the best and neither the match in general but that Sakho winner will live with me forever.

The main part of the game he happened to watch was when Sakho scored and he loved the noise and celebrating that followed. Cannot beat a last minute winner for your first game.

My Dad reminded me of my first game, a win against Sheffield United with Wright playing and I hope I can remember the Palace v Stoke win when my boys older.
Old 27-11-2017, 11:23 AM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Or put him back on the wing where he should be. Now Benteke has been slowly been brought back it will happen soon enough where we dont have to play two wingers up front.
...but it is an option, and the team would be able to cope with it now - and the 10 or so games WZ and AT have been playing up front is good experience for when they find themselves in those central areas.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Townsend isn't very good.He had a decent spell at Newcastle and has about 3 good games a season for us.He is playing because our backup on the wing/upfront/in general is woeful to put it kindly.
I disagree, he is a decent player and when on form is very good. He is one of many players who has struggled to find their form and who knows why, maybe being played all pre-season at right wing back only to be replaced by Joel Ward for the first game, he also has had to play a more forward attacking role with Wilf being up front. When Benteke gets back in the team, it will allow him to go back to where he did so well last seaon, on the wing where he can run and cut in without 2 or more players on him.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:35 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I really don't understand the negativity about Townsend. Some of you are a bit fickle to put it mildly. Look back at recent player ratings and reviews - he was some people's MOTM against Chelsea and other comments are stuff like bright, never stopped running, put in a shift, etc. etc. Yes, Saturday wasn't his finest hour, but he created the first goal (whether you think the ball was a bad one or not), made some important challenges and again, never stopped running. I'd like to see more end product, we all would, but as far as commitment and body language go, you cannot criticise him for effort.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
I really don't understand the negativity about Townsend. Some of you are a bit fickle to put it mildly. Look back at recent player ratings and reviews - he was some people's MOTM against Chelsea and other comments are stuff like bright, never stopped running, put in a shift, etc. etc. Yes, Saturday wasn't his finest hour, but he created the first goal (whether you think the ball was a bad one or not), made some important challenges and again, never stopped running. I'd like to see more end product, we all would, but as far as commitment and body language go, you cannot criticise him for effort.

Well said. It was not one of his best games on Saturday but every time it did not work out, there he was again having another go. It is that kind of attitude that will keep us up.
Old 27-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
I really don't understand the negativity ........
Edited it slightly.
Old 27-11-2017, 01:53 PM

Hal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'head Eagle View Post
Well said. It was not one of his best games on Saturday but every time it did not work out, there he was again having another go. It is that kind of attitude that will keep us up.
And that's a big benefit he brings to the team. Too many players - at Palace and elsewhere - go awol after a couple of mistakes. Don't make themselves available for a pass and don't go to support teammates under pressure.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:13 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
The very last thing we need is to waste money on a couple of vertically-challenged, injury-prone, gutless, Arsenal cast-offs on high wages.
RH has said we are not interested in the Shisha-boy, perhaps you missed that ?
This...
Old 27-11-2017, 07:01 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
True about effort Al, I would never criticise him for that. And he can play well, but usually doesn't unfortunately. It's a game of opinions of course, fortunately. The BBC rated him but for me he was a waste of space. It is also true there is no alternative as we have zero cover of any use on the bench.
Old 27-11-2017, 07:12 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
I watched a lot of him at Tottenham so I have previous for not rating him.He did well at Newcastle but I've seen the Tottenham player far too often for us.I'm not fickle from game to game,I just don't think he produces enough often enough.When Zaha was out of the team he was our main creative outlet and we never looked like scoring in a million years other than the Burnley game.He was great against Chelsea,but how many performances has he had like that in a Palace shirt? 3?He is streets ahead of what we have in reserve though.
Old 27-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Alfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
PODCAST

Watch my match review, including my player ratings and MOTM, here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'head Eagle View Post
Yep.
Old 28-11-2017, 05:58 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
Got it. Drop him and put Lee on the wing. Sorted.
I hope you are joking.
Donít want to see Lee anywhere near the first team ever again.