Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning not important at all and 10 means crucial
10 250 57.60%
9 28 6.45%
8 69 15.90%
7 38 8.76%
6 16 3.69%
5 13 3.00%
4 6 1.38%
3 2 0.46%
2 1 0.23%
1 0 0%
0 11 2.53%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Bizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I might have a ticket in the weed end, you'll spot me if we win, not cos I'll be going mad but I'll be the only one still there on 85 mins
Old 26-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Cjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCjbear sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Brighton are our main rivals, it’s as simple as that. First fixture I looked for when they come out. Plus we need the points and it’s my birthday Tuesday. Must win, nothing but a win
Old 26-11-2017, 02:58 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
It's on hold until we beat them
Old 26-11-2017, 03:00 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
I've seen enough to be convinced we will stay up.

A win at Brighton will accelerate the process of getting out of the bottom 3/averaging a point a game or more.

11 from 14 if we win and the above objective will not be far away. I don't think it's critical as I think we will stay up regardless. I voted 5/10.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:02 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
We ended this rivalry in 2013.
No we never.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:05 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post

Maybe the quirky history and nature is what sustains it? It's a little bit different than just picking the team next door.
I quite like this.

A little feeling of minor irritation towards them is starting to take hold.

Maybe by Tuesday evening it will turn into full on hatred
Old 26-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I am in the minority of Palace fans who do not give a shit about Brighton one way or the other, and just see them as I so any other team we are up against.

So to me if there is anything close to vital about this game then it would be not to lose so we can keep some momentum going.

A win will just accelerate our getting out of the bottom 3.
I am the same TBH. I think it's got something to do with when you started supporting Palace. So to me Millwall and Charlton rank higher as rivals to me and if I had to pick one, it would have been Millwall. Brighton are just MEH TBH and although I know the history I could never get that excited about them. The FFS Murray moment was worthy of savouring as was the AJ goal glut but they are mostly an irrelevance. Poohgate was hysterical. The 3 points are the prize for me. Mullery was a 'proverbial' though. What I do dread is Murray repeating his FFS moment but we all know that is going to happen.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:08 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Millwall is still the bigger rivalry though imo.
Agreed.

We are a London club. I get the rivalry with Brighton, but to me they are just a small club, supported by a bunch of oddballs in a city far away from our own.

I don't know any Brighton fans either so I just want the 3 points like any other team.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am the same TBH. I think it's got something to do with when you started supporting Palace. So to me Millwall and Charlton rank higher as rivals to me and if I had to pick one, it would have been Millwall. Brighton are just MEH TBH and although I know the history I could never get that excited about them. The FFS Murray moment was worthy of savouring as was the AJ goal glut but they are mostly an irrelevance. Poohgate was hysterical. The 3 points are the prize for me. Mullery was a 'proverbial' though. What I do dread is Murray repeating his FFS moment but we all know that is going to happen.
That minor irritation towards that I was just beginning to develop has disappeared again having read your post.

Yes it is written that Murray will score. As long as we win I wont begrudge him doing so.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:15 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
That minor irritation towards that I was just beginning to develop has disappeared again having read your post.

Yes it is written that Murray will score. As long as we win I wont begrudge him doing so.
They are no more than an irritation.

Murray og. Heard it here first.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:25 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Points would be a by product of the result.

This game is far more than just a league game. I wonder how many of those who don't rate it as a 10 actually have a ticket for the game?
Old 26-11-2017, 03:50 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
sad to say the points are more important than the rivalry
Old 26-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
You did, huh? Such a shame for you that Brighton-fans don't think that way, but nice try anyway

When looking at head to head-results and the current Premier League table, i wouldn't say that Palace has the bragging rights now.

And even if Palace would win the game on Tuesday, Brighton would still have more points. But go ahead and see the situation differently if you want to =) Brighton-fans may not agree with you, though.
Since when did anyone, anywhere care how Brighton fans see anything?

Zaha... oh yes!!!

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 26-11-2017, 04:05 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am in the minority of Palace fans who do not give a shit about Brighton one way or the other, and just see them as I so any other team we are up against.

So to me if there is anything close to vital about this game then it would be not to lose so we can keep some momentum going.

A win will just accelerate our getting out of the bottom 3.
I've certainly never been one of those who spend more time giving stick to Bright*n fans than watching the actual game but the reality is that they really are a sickening excuse for a club that has attained a shiny plastic stadium and the top division ( for the first time in thirty years ) via a debt-ridden sugar daddy but somehow still think they are not only our rivals, but a better club.

They've come up the same year that we've had basically shot ourselves in both feet trying to transition our footballing style and also suffered ungodly bad luck. The idea of being relegated ( which I still believe won't happen but IF ) and watching that joke of a club being able to lord it over us is stomach-churning. Staying up is all that ultimately matters but the fact is the six points up for grabs against them this season are vital and I can't stand the idea of those delusional, plastic bastards deluding themselves into thinking they had a hand in getting us relegated.

We beat Bright*n this week and I believe it will only add to the impetus to climb the table. Lose and it could massively set back the recovery we are now showing. 'Game of the season' is an understatement.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:07 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
In the words of Connor McGregor - who the fook is this guy
A fooking weed whos got lost .
Old 26-11-2017, 04:10 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Correct.
Old 26-11-2017, 05:16 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

We ended this rivalry in 2013. Anything else is irrelevant these days.

10 in terms of needing points.
Lets hope you didn't get a ticket for Tuesday.
Old 26-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
How important is it to win the Brighton-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Lets hope you didn't get a ticket for Tuesday.

If i do, lets hope i got it in place of you.
Old 26-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
You did, huh? Such a shame for you that Brighton-fans don't think that way, but nice try anyway

When looking at head to head-results and the current Premier League table, i wouldn't say that Palace has the bragging rights now.

And even if Palace would win the game on Tuesday, Brighton would still have more points. But go ahead and see the situation differently if you want to =) Brighton-fans may not agree with you, though.

Nice try. I can hear you sniffling from here.

Eternal bragging rights are eternal. You spineless shit***** surrendered them in the most spectacular way back in 2013 and there are no statistics that can undo that.

Cry on.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
No we never.

Yes we did.

Its done and dusted.