Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning not important at all and 10 means crucial
10 250 57.60%
9 28 6.45%
8 69 15.90%
7 38 8.76%
6 16 3.69%
5 13 3.00%
4 6 1.38%
3 2 0.46%
2 1 0.23%
1 0 0%
0 11 2.53%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-11-2017, 06:03 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Yes we did.

Itís done and dusted.
Is it **** .
Old 26-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Is it **** .

Most definitely is.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:04 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
I’ve not spent any time thinking about Brighton until now and that’s just because it’s the next fixture.

I live in East Sussex. We define them tbh. They have very few real fans, they just “follow the Albion”. It’s a day out for them. Lots of them are smug, god bothering wastes of space.

I honestly could t give a shit.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:10 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hope we smash them
Old 26-11-2017, 06:11 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Obviously 10.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

The "I don't care, they're just another team" brigade is using it as a defense mechanism, due to lack of confidence in actually beating them. Some may even admit it after we beat them yet again!
Old 26-11-2017, 06:34 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I quite like this.

A little feeling of minor irritation towards them is starting to take hold.

Maybe by Tuesday evening it will turn into full on hatred
You'll get there, Exiled. We all will.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:40 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
You did, huh? Such a shame for you that Brighton-fans don't think that way, but nice try anyway

When looking at head to head-results and the current Premier League table, i wouldn't say that Palace has the bragging rights now.

And even if Palace would win the game on Tuesday, Brighton would still have more points. But go ahead and see the situation differently if you want to =) Brighton-fans may not agree with you, though.
Piss off to the away end.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 26-11-2017, 06:52 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Anyone voting anything other than 10 isn’t a Palace fan
Old 26-11-2017, 06:52 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't believe the club are charging £3.50 for a program at the beamback. I'm sure it was free with the ticket at the FFS Murray beamback.

It was a bloody good program as well.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Bungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBungalow : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I am in the minority of Palace fans who do not give a shit about Brighton one way or the other, and just see them as I so any other team we are up against.

So to me if there is anything close to vital about this game then it would be not to lose so we can keep some momentum going.

A win will just accelerate our getting out of the bottom 3.
I am with you in this minority which, as previous posters have suggested, is probably down the how long I have supported Palace (since 1989).

Having said that, there is something rather unique about this rivalry. All other big rivalries seem to stem from a strange need to hate (or at least get one over) your neighbour. Not many non Palace/Brighton fans quite understand why our rivalry exists. I quite like that.

My only problem with it is the slightly outdated homophobic element which seems to be a big part of it for some.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:00 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I couldn't give a toss about them. Hopefully the players are just looking at a way to win the game rather than doing revision on who Peter Ward was. And what he did.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:08 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post

The "I don't care, they're just another team" brigade is using it as a defense mechanism, due to lack of confidence in actually beating them. Some may even admit it after we beat them yet again!
no to some of us they are just another team; win, lose or draw
Old 26-11-2017, 07:20 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Most definitely is.
Look at the poll .
Old 26-11-2017, 07:25 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
It meant everything back in '02 when we smashed them 5-0, so much so that I think if we'd have lost that I think Francis would have gone due to the pressure by the fans. As it turned out it was the game that propelled AJ to legendary status where he went on a goalscoring run of huge proportions and never looked back. Two hat-tricks in a row.

I never got the whole Brighton rivalry until that game, when I saw mild mannered season ticket holders who had sat around me for years suddenly turning into something you see in a bad hooligan film. Week after, back to mild mannered supporter.

It obviously means more to a certain generation but the players should be made aware of how much this game means. I can take defeat as long as every player gives their best, but if we are below par that would be unforgivable.

BTW, I voted this as a 10 because it's massively important we win as WBA are a different team now Pulis has left and Megson always seems to beat us.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Look at the poll .
No.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:42 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Anyone voting anything other than 10 isnít a Palace fan
Total bollocks
Old 26-11-2017, 07:42 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Iíve not spent any time thinking about Brighton until now and thatís just because itís the next fixture.

I live in East Sussex. We define them tbh. They have very few real fans, they just ďfollow the AlbionĒ. Itís a day out for them. Lots of them are smug, god bothering wastes of space.

I honestly could t give a shit.
Correct, I live just north of Brighton and in what was my local you have the Landlord a Man U fan and now Brighton, aL Liverpool fan now Brighton, a Birmingham fan now Brighton season ticket holder, an Arsenal fan and now Brighton. I've repeatedly told these blokes what Wankers they all are but they can't see it, I now hardly go in the pub and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire in the gutter!

On the other hand there are some friends of mine here who have been Brighton all there lives going to watch at the Gallstone, Gillingham and whatever the the athletic track was called, proper supporters who if we win I will rip the shit out of them and if they win I will take it from them.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:48 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
You did, huh? Such a shame for you that Brighton-fans don't think that way, but nice try anyway

When looking at head to head-results and the current Premier League table, i wouldn't say that Palace has the bragging rights now.

And even if Palace would win the game on Tuesday, Brighton would still have more points. But go ahead and see the situation differently if you want to =) Brighton-fans may not agree with you, though.
Yeah, but we beat you 0-2 in the play off semi (Zaha 2) and you can't ******* top that.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:56 PM

Maidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Anyone voting anything other than 10 isn’t a Palace fan
This