Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-11-2017, 05:38 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
On Your Head

Having recently watched the BBC / Alan Shearer documentary about the negative effect heading footballs can have on cognitive health, it seems there is a growing recognition of the problem and a movement to adjust how football approaches the issue. Already, children are being actively discouraged to head footballs and the F.A. may well have to fork out to create a compensation fund for old pros afflicted after the game is done with them, as in the NFL. Such an initiative would cost mucho dinero to the powers behind football, at which point radical changes to the professional game just might occur in the years ahead.

This is a potential Pandora's Box for our game and raises many questions about the place for heading in the modern game, protecting health, especially in children, and whether technologies could create a safer football. Or should meeting a ball with a bonce be considered part of the risk of contact sport?

Thoughts?
Old 26-11-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
The balls are a lot better now. It must have been like heading a brick in the old days.
Old 26-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The balls are a lot better now. It must have been like heading a brick in the old days.
Even so, if you’ve ever headed a ball clear back over the halfway line from a goalie’s 70 yard drop kick there’s quite a force going on there.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Even so, if you’ve ever headed a ball clear back over the halfway line from a goalie’s 70 yard drop kick there’s quite a force going on there.
I was a centre back in my youth and younger middle age......

Found a cry of “yours” usually did the trick.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I was a centre back in my youth and younger middle age......

Found a cry of “yours” usually did the trick.
Isn`t that against the rules? Thought a shout had to have a name