Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Quite a few players out of contract in the summer so you'd assume contract discussions will be starting soon.

Speroni
Hennessey
Ward
Delaney
Inniss
McArthur
Cabaye
Chungy
Kaikai
Sako
Anderson
Ladapo

Who would you keep?
Jules can have a contract as long as he wants one (assuming his wage is reasonable).
Hennessey - I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk away regardless, hardly been made welcome.
Ward - definitely offer him a deal.
Delaney - Thanks Damo, but it's clearly time to say goodbye.
Innis - Let go.
McArthur - 100% a new contract.
Cabaye - 1000% new contract.
Chungy - Laters.
KaiKai - Got to be worth another one.
Sako - Cheerio.
Anderson - Let him go.
Ladapo - Let him go.
Old 27-11-2017, 10:09 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
I don't want to see Mutch get into his final year and then him go on a free. Think under right management and confidence he could be a very good player. Give him another 4 or 5 years. Might be just what he needs....some stability.
Old 27-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Doubt Kaikai will stay. Has been poorly managed by the club.
Old 27-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
I don't want to see Mutch get into his final year and then him go on a free. Think under right management and confidence he could be a very good player. Give him another 4 or 5 years. Might be just what he needs....some ability.
EFA
Old 27-11-2017, 12:03 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
EFA
Its cretins like you why players like Mutch struggle to perform.

COYP.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:06 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Any indicators that Speroni is a good coach other than sentiment?
Doesn't need to be as SP likes having him around. However won't be long until he is being called on to take over from whoever is manager
Old 27-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Doubt Kaikai will stay. Has been poorly managed by the club.
True, he was just finding some form at Brentford but was then recalled & hasn’t played since. He should of been allowed to go back on loan if we had not intention of ever playing him.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:

COYP.
I take full responsibility for him, CYL, Wayne Hennessey, Loic Remy, Bakary Sako, Emmanuel Adebayor, Patrick Bamford, Alex McCarthy, Zeki Fryers, Frazier Campbell, Yaya Sanogo, Elliot Grandin, Jose Campana, Florian Marange, Jimmy Kebe, Darcy Blake, Arouna Dindane, Aaron Martin, Alex Nimely, David Goodwillie, Antonio Pedroza, Andy Dorman, Edgar Davids, Alassane N'Diaye, Pablo Couñago, Jermaine Easter, Calvin Andrew, Nicky Carle, Freddie Sears, Rui Fonte, Jon Macken, Dave Martin, Wayne Andrews, Sándor Torghelle, Anthony Danze, Ade Akinbiyi, Neil Emblen, Itzik Zohar, Valerien Ismael, Amir Karic, Marco Gabbiadini being shite, to name but a few.
Old 27-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Speroni - keep as third choice, if he wants to stay
Hennessey - would probably keep as back up, assuming he'd stay
Ward - keep
Delaney - let go
Inniss - let go
McArthur - good squad player, would depend on contract terms.
Cabaye - most important player on the list in terms of retaining, but may want a final hurrah and payday
Chungy - let go
Kaikai - let go
Sako - let go
Anderson - let go
Ladapo - let go
As we already know we need a keeper, the other two signing up for longer behind a new number 1 keeps some money back for everyone else. Ward is our only real RB, so keeping him (even as back up) makes sense.

I suspect Cabaye will leave, which would mean we need a new starting midfielder alongside Luka, as well as a replacement for RLC (on the basis that we won't be able to keep him).

Some rebuilding work to do, and better perhaps starting some in January, assuming we are in a reasonable position an the right players are available.
Old 27-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Speroni, ward, MacArthur, cabaye
Old 27-11-2017, 01:19 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Cabaye deserves an extension but maybe not on the money he has been on.

McArthur would be great for a squad role but i suspect he will want to play.

Ward wants to play.

KaiKai might be worth 1 final deal but running out of time to break into the squad now.

I would sign up Cabaye but the rest should go.
Old 27-11-2017, 01:22 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Cabaye: give him a new 3 yr contract on the same money - he's currently playing the best football of his Palace career.

Speroni, Ward and McArthur would be good as long as they don't expect to play every week. Rest can go.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cabaye only if we stay up.

If we get relegated then Ward, McArthur, Kaikai & Hennessey, as well.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Cabaye: give him a new 3 yr contract on the same money - he's currently playing the best football of his Palace career.

Speroni, Ward and McArthur would be good as long as they don't expect to play every week. Rest can go.
Three years is a long time, especially at the age he is (and will be at the end of that time) - therefore he could become hugely ineffective and a significant drain on that basis. I'd go for either a three year on a reducing amount / performance linked after year two, or two with an option of a third if he plays a certain number of games.

I agree re the other three, and still think Hennessey is good enough to be back up, and would save us needing another keeper.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:14 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cabaye only.

Unless of course we go down.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:

COYP.
Mutch is dog shit. Always has been. Stealing a living
Old 27-11-2017, 06:29 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Three years is a long time, especially at the age he is (and will be at the end of that time) - therefore he could become hugely ineffective and a significant drain on that basis. I'd go for either a three year on a reducing amount / performance linked after year two, or two with an option of a third if he plays a certain number of games.

I agree re the other three, and still think Hennessey is good enough to be back up, and would save us needing another keeper.
If we offer Cabaye a long contract he's more likely to stay. Would pay a premium to give him the contract he wants to avoid him leaving on a free, even if he is half the player in his final year. It's worth the risk.
Old 27-11-2017, 06:58 PM

BuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought Ward was refusing to sign another one? Read that somewhere.
Old 27-11-2017, 07:09 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffotheEagle View Post
I thought Ward was refusing to sign another one? Read that somewhere.
He will only sign a contract if he is going to be first choice RB.

He wants to play that position and he wants to play games.
Old 27-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
He will only sign a contract if he is going to be first choice RB.

He wants to play that position and he wants to play games.
I like Joel but if he really is saying that then he either needs to up his game to prove he's worth it or we let him go.

The chasm between PL and Championship finances makes you realise how difficult it must be to negotiate these contracts. It was noticeable how Joe Ledley struggled to find a club willing to pay his wage expectation and I bet he took a fair pay cut to eventually join Derby.

Maybe the question should not be yes or no but how much we should offer them in wages? We need to bring our wage bill under control but with the amount Benteke and Zaha are earning now there's no way players like Cabaye will take a cut.