Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Kidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Him playing wide is on him as much as Roy. Needs to step up if he wants to play in the middle.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Him playing wide is on him as much as Roy. Needs to step up if he wants to play in the middle.
Based on what evidence exactly?

Personally I think he's overated and plenty to learn, he played better when played centrally, RH is nullifying his ability and threat out wide, not to mention Wilf causing more problems when playing wide.

RH is tinkering for the sake of it, play people in their strongest positions.

Never let children play with fireworks and flares
Old 11-12-2017, 04:11 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
RLC is at his best when playing as a central attacking midfielder and as long as he is playing he cannot be recalled early from his season long loan by Chelsea.
He can be recalled but Palace and RLC would have to agree to it.

There could be a circumstance where Palace feel they can get a player in who would improve us, would restrict his chances more, and negotiate him returning, but we would have control over it and it would be our choice. Think TFM going back is more likely.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Here's one for you:

Chelsea recall Abraham from Swansea (if they can - suspect they can't) and offer us to trade him for the loan deal for RLC. Would you take it?
Old 11-12-2017, 04:20 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Here's one for you:

Chelsea recall Abraham from Swansea (if they can - suspect they can't) and offer us to trade him for the loan deal for RLC. Would you take it?
No
Old 11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
No
Old 11-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like RLC but I do want more from him. I think part of the problem is that Wilf is just so much more animated - he just looks likes he cares more.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I like RLC but I do want more from him. I think part of the problem is that Wilf is just so much more animated - he just looks likes he cares more.
Agreed, apart from a flash or 2 the other day offers little too often.

Really drifts out of the game.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:32 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Wouldn't mind rlc and tfm going back if it means we got quality forwards and a quality goalkeeper
Yet to be convinced those two loans were what we needed
Old 11-12-2017, 07:39 PM

Jason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Wouldn't mind rlc and tfm going back if it means we got quality forwards and a quality goalkeeper
Yet to be convinced those two loans were what we needed
The issue for me is more where does RLC fit in if we get another striker. With the formation Hodgson is playing, presumably Wilf goes back out wide with the new striker playing up front. If we do that, you can't fit Cabaye, Luca and RLC into the same 1st 11. Personally I'd say RLC is the one to give way in that situation, which makes the idea of effectively swapping his loan for that of a striker appealing despite his obvious quality
Old 11-12-2017, 07:44 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
RLC is pure quality, but true greats combine that quality, with desire, hard work and intelligence.

RLC appears to switch off and coast far too much. Great to see him and he is joy to watch when breaking out with the ball but I have yet to see him dominate a game. Great patches but never the full jumper.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The issue for me is more where does RLC fit in if we get another striker. With the formation Hodgson is playing, presumably Wilf goes back out wide with the new striker playing up front. If we do that, you can't fit Cabaye, Luca and RLC into the same 1st 11. Personally I'd say RLC is the one to give way in that situation, which makes the idea of effectively swapping his loan for that of a striker appealing despite his obvious quality
It gives us more attacking options which we desperately need!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Probably because he does.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
RLC is pure quality, but true greats combine that quality, with desire, hard work and intelligence.

RLC appears to switch off and coast far too much. Great to see him and he is joy to watch when breaking out with the ball but I have yet to see him dominate a game. Great patches but never the full jumper.
In a few matches now I've seen him stop busting a gut to catch the ball, rather just making a token effort and the ball goes out for a goal kick, for instance.

Frustrating, as I'm sure he could make the step up.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:00 PM

Kidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKidofwonder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Based on what evidence exactly?

Personally I think he's overated and plenty to learn, he played better when played centrally, RH is nullifying his ability and threat out wide, not to mention Wilf causing more problems when playing wide.

RH is tinkering for the sake of it, play people in their strongest positions.
His in game inconsistency. I want to see him show the tactical nouse to boss games if he wants to play through the middle. I think he's neat and tidy on the ball, but he doesnt make intelligent runs or really dominate a game. He doesn't do enough without the ball to justify him playing through the middle and goes missing too much. He hasn't got the vision or the passing range to be a number 10 and he doesnt show the force of will to be an 8.

He's not played enough competitive football consistently from a young enough age and he hasn't knuckled down and learnt the trade in a particular position.

He's 21/22 but he's playing as if he were 18/19.

It might come with time but he needs coaching and a coach who is going to harness his raw ability.

Nowhere near Chelsea's level currently and I think he has to show he wants it.

He's got all the tools though and i'm glad we have him. I just hope he kicks on.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
.................... He doesn't do enough without the ball to justify him playing through the middle and goes missing too much. He hasn't got the vision or the passing range to be a number 10 and he doesnt show the force of will to be an 8.

He's not played enough competitive football consistently from a young enough age and he hasn't ......................
Pretty much sums him up, its quite frustrating as he has obvious ability.

I can see why Chelski have out him out on loan, he really needs a manager that will put a bit more fight and determination in him. I don't think he's had a yellow so far.
We have a date, No single market, No customs union, No FOM, We know the cost (far lower than predicted), Irish happy, Out of CAP, Out of fisheries, Reasonable deal for ex-pats (held up by the EU), FTSE booming, back to Brexit $ level, Manufacturing up
Brexit countdown.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:59 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
His in game inconsistency. I want to see him show the tactical nouse to boss games if he wants to play through the middle. I think he's neat and tidy on the ball, but he doesnt make intelligent runs or really dominate a game. He doesn't do enough without the ball to justify him playing through the middle and goes missing too much. He hasn't got the vision or the passing range to be a number 10 and he doesnt show the force of will to be an 8.

He's not played enough competitive football consistently from a young enough age and he hasn't knuckled down and learnt the trade in a particular position.

He's 21/22 but he's playing as if he were 18/19.

It might come with time but he needs coaching and a coach who is going to harness his raw ability.

Nowhere near Chelsea's level currently and I think he has to show he wants it.

He's got all the tools though and i'm glad we have him. I just hope he kicks on.
I think you’ve described exactly what can happen when a young talented footballer joins a club like Chelsea and then reaches he’s 20s with v limited competitive match experience.

First team Premiership football is so fast in comparison to strolling about in the Chelsea reserves, floating lovely passes to equally talented teammates when the mood takes you.

I imagine this season has been a culture shock for him, in more ways than one.

I think he could make it, but I’d say he’s a couple of years behind Wilf due to his lack of match experience.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Jacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think a few are being too harsh on him.

Took a while to get in to the game Saturday but once he did I thought he had a decent game. Was covering left back a lot too, putting in a good shift - possibly some of that goes unnoticed and influences opinion negatively.

Need to remember he is still very inexperienced and playing in a position he is not used to, no doubt has an effect.

Just because he got an England call up we can't expect him to be a world beater every game. He's 4 years younger than Wilf, think how hot and cold he could be at around his age.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:50 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quality player, so comfortable on the ball and great vision and engine. Just switches off defensively occasionally and needs to put that right in his game but we are very very fortunate to have him.
Old 14-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
He is a very good player. However he is wasted on the left. He needs to be played through middle. If Chelsea said we could have batshuyai instead then I would take it.. proper partner for Benteke wilf back out wide