Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 16 5.90%
Schlupp 12 4.43%
Sakho 43 15.87%
Tomkins 67 24.72%
Ward 53 19.56%
Townsend 1 0.37%
Milivojevic 38 14.02%
Cabaye 14 5.17%
RLC 10 3.69%
Zaha 11 4.06%
Benteke 3 1.11%
McArthur 3 1.11%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-11-2017, 05:51 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Defence good, midfeld okay, front poor.

Benteke should have scored early.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:17 AM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
NOt clicking for us up front and something we need to work on.

On a positive note, first clean sheet of the season!

We were never going to stay up making mistakes at the back and conceeding 2 goals a game ! Stoke and Brighton games have looked a lot more solid.

Sakho and Tomkins the way forward (strongest partnership last season) and i’ll take ‘respect the point’ for now (especially away from home!).

Now fingers crossed pardew’s in for the weekend
Old 29-11-2017, 06:29 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From the pitch-side it was Ward who stood out.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 29-11-2017, 06:37 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
Plus our setpieces were incredibly poor especially by cabaye.

In contrast, wh looked nervy at every corner.
I think Luka Milivojevic should be tried on set-pieces. They can't be any worse.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:45 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Does anyone here actually rate Schlupp as a left back? I personally think PVA is better (somehow) defensively and offensively. They both have shocking positional play. We keep looking to the bench for a option as a winger for Townsend and I can’t help but think Schlupp would be better used as a left winger with Zaha on the right late on.

Didn’t Leicester use him as an impact sub in the title season as a left winger?

I thought Schlupp was ok last night.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:49 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
It's a bit harsh criticising Hennessey for the clearance off the line when A) He appeared to have it covered and B) Murray somehow had a totally free header in the first place.
B was because Murray (who was terrible by the way) basically threw Ward to the the floor in front of the ref before making the header.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:57 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Hennessey looked a bag of nerves, but my view on this may have been slightly more influenced by Tony Gale's persistent digging at him.

I thought both full backs played well, with Schlupp pretty much keeping the Knockheart quiet, no big lunges, just kept him boxed in. No driving runs forward either, but personally think that's under instruction.

Nobody in midfield excelled. Milivojevic was pretty good defensively, but lost possession too many times when we were under pressure. Cabaye's set pieces and a couple of Townsends were wasted. When McArthur settled in he did well. A few moments from RLC, but overall wasted on the right.

Wilf is still capable of making things happen there, but I think as a striker he's been found out a bit to play there every game and Benteke not only needs more service, he needs to put himself out a bit more.

No complaints as such, but think we'd have much more joy playing 4231 with the team everyone knows should be playing. Another point for us to build on.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:00 AM

Cpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I will say it again for about the 500 time. WE NEED TO START SHOOTING FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX.

For 18 months we've been trying to walk the ball into the net, no other club does this. We have to mix it up shot wise, and take many more shots at goal from further out. The ball comes to you at twenty yards, BANG IT, on target preferable. It will bring a few goals, not many but the main thing is it will drive our confidence up and get us firing properly again.
Reiterate this again and again and again, on social media and so on and eventually they will get the message.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:05 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
Thought Joel Ward had a great game tonight against two different wingers that had him pegged back for most of the game.
He coped admirably.
Yep played well on his 200 th game
Old 29-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessey was very poor last night. Fails to command his box, despite his large frame, and visibly unnerved our back four. Brighton looked like they would score from pretty much every corner.

Even one of his saves saw him push the ball out into a dangerous area in the middle of the box, straight to Stephens.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:05 AM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben View Post
Wayne mom for me. Everything he did was excellent. No outstanding saves but everything he did was very accomplished. I can't really name another positive performance.
Did you actually watch it? The commentators were pretty scathing of him at corners, very jittery because someone stood in front of him and completely missed 2 corners that he came for....FFS hes 6ft 5 tall, just take out the forward if he gets too close. Before you start OG, Im not suggesting Jules should have played, just a much better keeper is urgently needed!
Old 29-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Would have taken a point with the below average performance we put in
Nothing new here
Heno looks a bag of nerves on every corner. Can’t dominate a water bottle let alone a defence.
The back 4 looked solid enough. Actually Ward and Jeff had good games. It felt that Jeff was let off his leash a bit. He needs to be allowed to push forward and support the midfield.
I though our central midfielders we very wasteful. Luka won the ball back numerous times just to pick a poor pass. Cabeye looked unfit. I’ve heard numerous rumours that RLC has a long term back problem but again went missing, ducked challenges and didn’t bust a gut to get in the box.
Wilf was kicked all over the park, someone has to send a clips reel to the FA. It’s an absolute disgrace. He needs to stay out wide. The linos literally do nothing. Which is about as much movement as Big Ben makes. However he’s so isolated we have to buy a no.10 or support striker in Jan.
I respect the point, but with the talent in our squad we should be closing these games out.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:18 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought Ward was good last night but both sides looked very nervy with neither wanting to over commit & not wanting to make major mistakes.

The game needed a goal but neither team was willing to risk throwing too many players forward.

I was disappointed that we didn’t push on in the second half but we seemed intent on not conceding.

The Ref missed two Duffy pushes on Wilf in the area.

It’s a point but I feel with a bit more belief we could have had all three.

Oh yes, and we need to find a position for RLC. He’s not a wide player!

Last edited by jhc; 29-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand aigle View Post
Did you actually watch it? The commentators were pretty scathing of him at corners, very jittery because someone stood in front of him and completely missed 2 corners that he came for....FFS hes 6ft 5 tall, just take out the forward if he gets too close. Before you start OG, Im not suggesting Jules should have played, just a much better keeper is urgently needed!
I just posted elsewhere that on reflection I think that the commentator did correctly spot that on one corner and I think on the next WH missed a punch? but then the commentator banged on about it at every corner afterwards when it wasn't really an issue. TBH I thought much of it was WH letting ref know he was being blocked. It would be interesting to know if people that didn't hear the commentary noticed it other than just the obvious one he missed/flapped at? I think they had 10 corners overall.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Pierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Luka was solid, Tomkins had another good game and Ward coped really well with firstly Izquierdo and then March as many said he would struggle with their pace and trickery as well as the fact they favour different feet.
Not Cabayes best match. Once again Wilf got no help from the ref or his assistants!
Old 29-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Sceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Izquierdo should have been sent off IMO
Old 29-11-2017, 09:12 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Worst part was when Wilf was shoved out of play and the ref gave a free kick against him. Absolute fvcking joke
Old 29-11-2017, 09:14 AM

palace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Could obviously tell players were pretty nervous and was supprised Brighton let us have so much of the ball in the first half, they were playing like he away side! Was maybe a tactic to tire us out so they could come at us late. I said before the game that one goal would have one it and we so nearly had it with Benteke and Zahas efforts. Still happy with a point overall. Need to get scoring on the road though.

One thing I would say is that it was quite clear that Zaha was being isolated in the middle of the park, so why not put him on the wing to terrorise their full backs?
Old 29-11-2017, 09:15 AM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf is completely wasted down the middle. Hodgson didnt once put him out wide and try and take on Bruno.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lombardi View Post
Hennessey was very poor last night. .
No, he wasn't