Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 16 5.90%
Schlupp 12 4.43%
Sakho 43 15.87%
Tomkins 67 24.72%
Ward 53 19.56%
Townsend 1 0.37%
Milivojevic 38 14.02%
Cabaye 14 5.17%
RLC 10 3.69%
Zaha 11 4.06%
Benteke 3 1.11%
McArthur 3 1.11%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-11-2017, 06:02 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton players pushed Zaha repeatedly. I thought this a bit odd, it wasn't simply tussling for the ball, they reached out with their arms and tried to push him over. I saw this happen at least 3 times which gives me the impression that it was a tactic they specifically used against him.
I presume a push looks more inocuous than tripping him, less likely to give away a free kick or penalty. Should he go down it may also be more likely construed as a dive. Its sometimes clear that if you take a players leg away he falls down but a push? its difficult to see how much force is behind a push - at what point does the player feel contact and 'choose' to go down? Its quite cynical from Brighton and Zaha will have to watch out for it. If he's ready for it a push is possibly easier to shrug off than having his legs taken from under him so its potentially something to exploit.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Stewarding - 5
Police - 0

Flashbangs - 6 (few too many and badly timed)
Smoke bombs - 8 (point deducted for one being thrown)
Old 29-11-2017, 06:52 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
I think Wilf was playing not properly fit. Stoke gave him a kicking on Saturday and it's a lot to askfor him to play to the max on Tuesday night.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:23 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Stewarding - 5
Police - 0

Flashbangs - 6 (few too many and badly timed)
Smoke bombs - 8 (point deducted for one being thrown)
Not even funny fella, and you'd be well advised to put a sock in it over the flares and bombs let alone bigging it up with smart lip.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:12 PM
17 years for 3,250 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Brighton players pushed Zaha repeatedly. I thought this a bit odd, it wasn't simply tussling for the ball, they reached out with their arms and tried to push him over. I saw this happen at least 3 times which gives me the impression that it was a tactic they specifically used against him.
I presume a push looks more inocuous than tripping him, less likely to give away a free kick or penalty. Should he go down it may also be more likely construed as a dive. Its sometimes clear that if you take a players leg away he falls down but a push? its difficult to see how much force is behind a push - at what point does the player feel contact and 'choose' to go down? Its quite cynical from Brighton and Zaha will have to watch out for it. If he's ready for it a push is possibly easier to shrug off than having his legs taken from under him so its potentially something to exploit.
Good spot..like your reasoning.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
I noticed this as well, and Marriner was appalling at spotting it. Very frustrating.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 29-11-2017, 09:25 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spurs also got away with it , including the keeper pushing Wilf off balance as he went past causing him to mishit his shot
Old 29-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Not even funny fella, and you'd be well advised to put a sock in it over the flares and bombs let alone bigging it up with smart lip.
It was quite clearly sarcasm.

As you were.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Alfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
PODCAST

My review of the game, including player ratings and my MOTM, here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Refs seem very reluctant to give out yellow cards and seem desperate to keep all players on the pitch - almost at all costs. 'Clever game management' they call it.

This means that footballers like Zaha, who are prepared to attack, and run with the ball at defenders and can at times be unplayable, are the most affected.

Stopping quick counter attacks by fouling, pushing, strong tackling from behind, irrespective of where the ball is etc, like Huddersfield and just about every other team have used on Zaha this season and previous seasons, is therefore being consistently rewarded.

Is this what the Premier League really wants? For cheats to prevail? For the best players to be put out of the game? A cheats charter?

The refs and their assistants need to discover some back bone, start wising up and giving the fouls and yellows at whatever minute of the game they happen. Reward good play. Punish foul play.

At WBA away on 2nd Dec there is a good ref ( Michael Oliver ) taking charge, in my opinion. But will we see a change? I doubt it, even then, or at least not before Zaha has been put into row B 3 or 4 times and called out by the home fans for 'diving'. By then Zaha's desire to take on the WBA defence despite the threat of being wiped out again, or worse still receiving a career threatening injury, might have drained away anyway.

Fingers crossed but, as they say in my house, more chance of pigs flying than the refs getting it right on this one.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I noticed this as well, and Marriner was appalling at spotting it. Very frustrating.
Let's face it, the majority of refs take their cues from people like Shearer, Durham and Mark Hughes - for them Wilf is an England-refusenik and "diver". It's like expecting any sort of logic or justice from a council jobsworth.