Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The starting line up is fairly obvious. The issue is subs. We're not going to get points without each player running themselves into the ground. We need to use subsitutes (especially given the increased number of games around xmas).

But our bench is so weak. I'd be tempted to start with Benteke on the bench. Play McArthur, Cabaye and Luka centrally with RLC, Townsend and Zaha playing the forward-no striker role. Pardew won't have a clue how to stop that. Put Benteke on for whichever over these players runs out of steam and adjust accordingly. That's pretty much plan A and B. We have no plan C.

PVA can be subbed on at left back and allow Schlupp to play left wing. If Lee is fit he can be subbed on for a midfielder for the last 20 minutes if we're protecting a lead. That's about it. I suppose if we're chasing the game Punch can be subbed on for 10 minutes. I think that's the limit of our substituting ambitions. I wouldn't let Sako on the pitch. I'd rather play with 10 men. With these subs we can rest some of our midfielders without it negatively effecting the team.

A forward and keeper are obviously needed in January. What else? If Hodgson see's RLC out wide then we need another box to box midfielder. If RLC can play centrally (including witout the ball) then we need another winger. We can't reasonably expect more than 3 players.
Old 29-11-2017, 03:08 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Same team BUT Wilf must return to his natural position and RLC in his too in the centre.
Old 29-11-2017, 03:18 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
I'd start without Benteke as we frankly control the ball better and look more dangerous without him, especially as he is woefully off form. Benteke can be brought on as an impact sub / relief for tired players and, if he starts getting amongst the goals again he will present us with the kind of selection problem we want. WH has to be the No1 until January and must not be afterward. Tomkins definitely Dann's partner and RLC back in the middle.
Old 29-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I'd start without Benteke as we frankly control the ball better and look more dangerous without him, especially as he is woefully off form. Benteke can be brought on as an impact sub / relief for tired players
I would agree with the Benteke bit....when their ageing cloggers are feeling the effects after an hour, the last thing they want is Benteke coming on....but we have no other striker options so he will start

for me the team will be:

-----------Hennessey
Ward, Tomkins, Sakho, Schlupp (can't change defence after 1st clean sheet!)
------------Luka
Zaha, Cabaye, RLC, Townsend
----------Benteke

Subs, Speroni, TFM, Dann, PVA, McArthur, Sako, Puncheon (to waste time running in circles for last 5)
Old 29-11-2017, 04:30 PM

wrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betray
Think that's 9 premier league games on the trott without scoring a goal that's incredible stat law of averages you would fluke one dodgy penalty anything . Don't think we can change personell much as fringe players are pretty weak reacements so All Roy can do is maybe change system maybe put wilf wide and play RLC in middle as a number 10 role .fans will go mental when we eventually score a away goal don't ever remember a drought like this.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:10 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Same team but just swap Wilf and RLC positions seems quite clear to me, but with RLC as the deeper 'forward'.

All Wilf's best stuff cam from working through full backs las night.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:20 PM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sods Law, I just knew Pardew would be in charge against us this Saturday.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:39 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
I'm as frightened as when we played W Ham in the playoff final.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:41 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I'd start without Benteke.
Go on, you were excited when we announced FDB weren't you?
Old 29-11-2017, 08:51 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
**** him.. we will win
Old 29-11-2017, 09:02 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
-------------------------Speroni---------------------------
Ward----------Tomkins-------------Sakho-----------Schlupp
Townsend-----------Cabaye-----------Luka-------------------
----------------------------------------------------Zaha--------
-------------------------Benteke-------------------------------

Going with 10 men from the start - will scare the shit out of any Pardew team
Old 29-11-2017, 10:14 PM

alexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
I'm as frightened as when we played W Ham in the playoff final.

Yeah we were really quaking in our boots. He and
the West Ham morons were so arrogant and disrespectful in the build up to that game , they just thought they would have to turn up, Well we all know how that ended. I will never forget that big fat kid crying on the big screen.

Anyway back to now. Pardew will undoubtedly start of really well, it will go on for a few months until he gets his feet fully under the table and un-teaches a team how to defend then it will all crash down around him like it does at every club heís been at.

Will be happy with another point from this one.
Old 30-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
anyone who claps Pardew or sings supa al at this games should be banned for life, we are in our current position due to this ****wit
This.

He's a charlatan and I don't envy WBA one bit. That said, it usually takes a few months for him to be found out, andi expect a new manager bounce this Saturday - before Pardew has the chance to coach any quality out of them.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 30-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
I expect he'll keep them up by basically doing the same he did with us - benefiting from the organisation and defensive coaching instilled in the players by Pulis, but unleashing their attacking potential somewhat. He normally does well in the short term and I doubt this will be any different. It's the long term building of a team where he struggles.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:38 AM

One thing that does concern me is that at the weekend Pards will be trying his utmost to send us down. It is something he has had a hell of a lot of practice at and i'm generally a great believer in preparation contributing to results.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
-------------------Hennessey-------------------

Fosu-Mensah---Tomkins---Sakho---Schlupp

-----------------------Luka-----------------------

Zaha-----Cabaye----Loftus-Cheek----Townsend

----------------------Benteke---------------------

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 30-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
anyone who claps Pardew or sings supa al at this games should be banned for life, we are in our current position due to this ****wit
We're in this position because someone supposedly retired, we made a poor appointment as manager and failed to sign any strikers in the Summer.
Old 30-11-2017, 11:13 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
-------------------------Speroni---------------------------
Ward----------Tomkins-------------Sakho-----------Schlupp
Townsend-----------Cabaye-----------Luka-------------------
----------------------------------------------------Zaha--------
-------------------------Benteke-------------------------------

Going with 10 men from the start - will scare the shit out of any Pardew team

We really did lose to most teams down to 10 didnít we?! Haha
Old 30-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
We haven't really seen Benteke and Zaha together for that long. They linked well for the first 25 mins against Brighton, and the big chance was from a Benteke flick on header with Wilf running onto it IIRC. However it is actually very difficult to flick on to the strike partner every time, especially if the opposition are expecting it. Dunk and Duffy just dropped off and outnumbered Wilf, and because the balls were straight it is easy to defend. Also, Brighton were very deep. They played as the away team and this meant there was no space for Wilf to work with. The problem we have is that no-one other than Benteke actually wants to be in the box! CB held it up very well, but our attacks were slow with a lot of sideways passing. We are going to find it hard to score against teams that defend deep unless we get a bit of magic from Wilf (I felt he ran the channels ok) and Benteke shows a bit more movement and gets a quality cross in to work with - Townsend cross you speak of was very good but just too far ahead of him otherwise he would have scored. But we have to understand that was Christian's first game back, and actually against Dunk and Duffy, one of the best aerial defensive partnerships in the league, it was always going to be tough.

Actually, what has impressed me about Zaha this season is how well he has performed in home games where the opposition do sit back, and that he has scored at Selhurst so regularly. He will always be a danger away from home when the teams press forward. Against Tottenham he almost scored with acres of space for him to run into, and he will be even more threatening now Benteke is back. I've seen Benteke and Zaha link up very well previously, most notably at Stamford Bridge when they tore the Champions to shreds and won the game with 2 pieces of magic. They will create havoc in away games when the opposition come onto us.

The key for me is service, and getting bodies in the box (RLC and Zaha especially). That's why I would like to see RLC playing narrow midfield on the left, and Townsend on the right. It is the only permutation we haven't tried and it would make us more balanced imho. Townsend would provide width on the right, and RLC would bolster the centre mid. Sadly I think I'm going to be as disappointed and frustrated as the fans that want to see RLC in the middle and Wilf out wide!
Agree with much/most of this. My concern re Wilf isn't that he can't adapt but more that we might not have the time for him to adapt. Reading the flick ons is a pretty simple thing and TBH I am surprised he struggled with this on Tuesday. The usual problem is staying onside while you are doing it but with Wilf's pace that shouldn't be such an issue. The channels thing should come naturally too but he doesn't seem to be doing that either. Odd really. Perhaps as you say it's early days and it will suddenly click.
Old 30-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Its difficult to guess exactly how and who WBA will line up with due to this being Pardew's first game. Up until now they have mostly been playing 3 5 2. Whether they continue with that or switch to a 4 is unclear but as the new manager won't have had long with them I suspect he will stick with the 3 at the back and work on adjusting their attitude and confidence and fiddle with formations later if necessary. He will encourage them to have more confidence on the ball and to take risks or at least more risks than TP. Rondon and Phillips on their day can cause us problems and their no frills midfield will look to bully us. Barry and Livermore will break up play or bring us down. Overall they are no great shakes and we should be able to get goals as long as our key players 'turn up'.

Would expect Roy H to start with the same side in the same shape again as long as Cabaye is fit.

I am getting very nervous re Luka's distribution and errors. It's not at critical level yet but getting that way. We don't really have other options and he is breaking up play well for the most part. If Cabaye is carrying a knock too then we will struggle in the middle as they will outnumber us before we start. Assuming Kanu and Rondon their front 2 will press our CBs and that makes me nervous as we are scary sometimes.

So again I am drawn to lining up 4 5 1 which would see the 2 wingers, RLC in the middle behind Benteke. This matches us up but leaves Benteke isolated against 3 CBs. I still think that is a better option.

Hennessey

Ward --- Tomkins --- Sakho --- Schlupp

Townsend --- Luka --- Loftus-Cheek --- Cabaye --- Zaha

Benteke