Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 29-11-2017, 05:23 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONFG View Post
It has to be said you had some very 'special' fans there last night. One black haired 40-something bloke mouthing off all game at us had eyes that were so close together he looked like a flounder. I don't suppose anyone on here was on the far right side (as you face the pitch) of your lot?
Considering I had the dubious previlege of having to join the line of your curious collection of NS wannabee hoolies queing for the train at Brighton Station, you really should be very careful about challenging the intellect or appearance of any Palace supporters.

Your mob would blend in seamlessly at Twickenham, with a jug of Pimms in one hand a nice sweater tied around the neck.

Stand or Fall indeed,
Old 29-11-2017, 05:31 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
As I said, too wonky to be at least a tidy, aesthetically pleasing but soulless bowl, and too identikit to have any wonky character.
It is literally the Schrödinger's cat of football stadia. It is neither wonky nor indentikit, yet it is both at the same time. What we do know though is that it is expensive AND shit.
Old 29-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Having spent all that money on the white elephant, and having last summer's 8th highest net transfer spend in Europe, it's no wonder the weeds have had to cut costs on football related activities like, stewarding and security, Maybe they should give that tramp Hitler his job back, I am sure he would be happy with just a nice mug of soup.
Had me in a laughing fit at "white elephant" and I had to explain to the wife why I was in stitches. The best description of their 'home this decade' ever
Old 29-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
From memory, at the 5-0 game their fans were held back after the game for some time whilst we were told 'the bars have been restocked with beer'.

The Arthur Wait is bloody awful what with the pillars and gantry obstructing the view, and tiny concourse behind.

Its still better than the Amex though, where there is nothing nearby. At Palace both pre and post match there are cafes, takeaways, betting shops, pubs, shops. A choice of stations within walking distance on different lines. Buses to the local areas. Free on street parking. I can park one or two streets away from our ground if I arrive a couple of hours beforehand, not a pain as more than enough there to amuse me before a game. Park nearest the ground and get away quickly after the game - never a problem

Yes the Amex looks very modern, but that can be achieved over time at Selhurst one stand at a time, whilst maintaining the history and integrity of the old girl.

Like West Ham and their running track bodge, I don't envy Brighton fans one bit
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-11-2017, 05:50 PM

EnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnglandEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Took us longer to get back to the car last night than drive home and not a fist bump or high five anywhere to be seen.
Old 29-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Wasn't the original problem that there wasn't enough electric current on the branch line to run trains with enough carriages to meet demand on football nights?
Old 29-11-2017, 06:11 PM
LLLLLLL

EagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fineEagleEater is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Blaming only a few hooligans is wrong. Blaming only the clubs and police is wrong. Guess which one you come under.

Whoever it is you have quoted is blaming everything that happened on Palace fans, and Palace fans only. Thanks for your stunning insight.
It was one of your own fans you muppet!
Admin #3 looms - Once cheats, always cheats!
Old 29-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEater View Post
It was one of your own fans you muppet!
I'm aware of that.

I'm wondering what the point of you quoting it is?
Old 29-11-2017, 06:27 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
From memory, at the 5-0 game their fans were held back after the game for some time whilst we were told 'the bars have been restocked with beer'.

The Arthur Wait is bloody awful what with the pillars and gantry obstructing the view, and tiny concourse behind.

Its still better than the Amex though, where there is nothing nearby. At Palace both pre and post match there are cafes, takeaways, betting shops, pubs, shops. A choice of stations within walking distance on different lines. Buses to the local areas. Free on street parking. I can park one or two streets away from our ground if I arrive a couple of hours beforehand, not a pain as more than enough there to amuse me before a game. Park nearest the ground and get away quickly after the game - never a problem

Yes the Amex looks very modern, but that can be achieved over time at Selhurst one stand at a time, whilst maintaining the history and integrity of the old girl.

Like West Ham and their running track bodge, I don't envy Brighton fans one bit
You sum up the differences between the Amex and Selhurst really well. It's not just the rubbish transportation links, it's that because the ground is in the middle of nowhere there are absolutely zero facilities in the surrounding area. It might as well be on the moon. Said it before, but I would hate to watch my team play home games there.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:40 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm aware of that.

I'm wondering what the point of you quoting it is?
He is a bit slow sometimes!!
Old 29-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand aigle View Post
He is a bit slow sometimes!!
Sometimes?!

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 29-11-2017, 06:55 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
time I have thought security and stewarding at the Amex was poor. I hope this gives them a boot up the backside to sort it before someone more destructive takes advantage of the inadequate security there. If that had been a pack of machete wielding terrorists or terrorists in suicide vests we could be mourning the loss of hundreds today.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 29-11-2017, 07:31 PM

matbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematbha : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Is this an admission that a small group of people who you and your comrades on here regularly mock for their insignificance brought your whole stadium operation to a standstill?

Or is it more likely that your incompetent club, for all the hundred millions of pounds spent on your much vaunted stadium, is incapable of managing the interests of the majority?

Feel free to fill us in on the details of exactly how many ticketless fans brought your club to its knees. Or perhaps how many ticketed fans were led around Sussex pointlessly for hours, then left standing outside the stadium for an eternity while the game started.

What of BHAFC's famous attitude towards the experience for away fans? Lead them on a wild goose chase around the south of England, and not even delay the start of the game while they correct their incompetence for the benefit of paying fans?

Go on mat. Tell us how many ticketless hooligans brought your £100m stadium to its knees. Explain how many ticketed fans were still outside the stadium at kick off, pissed off at being delayed by your club's incompetence for the previous two hours. Your ill informed one liners simply don't suffice.
Simple fact you acted like twats and that was the outcome ,oh and some of the stewards were yours you keep twisting your deluded pal ,have a rant at the HF the true culprits
Old 29-11-2017, 07:34 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by matbha View Post
Simple fact you acted like twats and that was the outcome ,oh and some of the stewards were yours you keep twisting your deluded pal ,have a rant at the HF the true culprits
I said this before and I'll say it again. You were not there , so how are you such an expert on what actually happened last night ?
Old 29-11-2017, 07:36 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You were NOT there, so your opinion counts for nothing!
Old 29-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you were there and saw it for your own eyes?

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 29-11-2017, 07:38 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I think this thread is a tad harsh Vince, I have it on good authority that the pies were spiffing last night, absolutely 'top hole'. Sadly we cannot match that standard of cuisine - in fact our offerings in the fan zone are shit.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
The actions of the hooligans who gatecrashd the game and terrorsedntheirnfollw fans are indefensible. That's that out of the way. I think it's churlish to single out any stewards for their actions if they were carried out as per directed and in good faith, regardless of the club who employs them. There. That's out of the way.

Nothing else contributed to the scenes that unfolded? That's your take? Ok, understandable that you lap up yet more of the PR massaged shit that your club has peddled ever since its reinvention.

Outraged of Hove sides with club executives and high ranking police treading on the ordinary fan to save their own arses. Quelle surprise
Old 29-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
So you were there and saw it for your own eyes?
Don't be so unfair, I'm sure Mat has been reading up on this, by looking at the really unbiased views on North Korea Chat.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Dog Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Don't be so unfair, I'm sure Mat has been reading up on this, by looking at the really unbiased views on North Korea Chat.

My point in a nutshell

THE FIST BUMPERS