Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are the hf good or bad for the club?
Good 278 51.29%
Bad 150 27.68%
Dont know 114 21.03%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-11-2017, 12:23 AM

eagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Are the hf good for the club?

Simple question. Taking into account everything the hf have done for the club are they good or bad for the club?
Old 30-11-2017, 12:27 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
Simple question. Taking into account everything the hf have done for the club are they good or bad for the club?
the answers wont be simple.

Yes they are good.

But unfortunately they seem to be a victim of their success and attract utter ****tards who spoil it for the hardcore genuine palace fans (hf and others)

Because of this they are slowly getting a bad rep which is a shame. If those bellends keep tagging on and causing problems then they will no longer be good for the club..
Old 30-11-2017, 12:30 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They are very good for the club.

This Maz dullard is everywhere. Whatever it is, why does it continue to pour its opinion on a forum for a subject that it knows completely nothing about. It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a proven fact that we are all aware of. A complete and utter dimwit.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:31 AM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good for home games.

Bad for away games.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:52 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good atmosphere

However don`t get the:

Sinister look wearing black (hiding faces etc)
Using black in the banners

I know Black in synonymous with Ultras/Anarchists and other political movements, but prefer if the banners stuck to a red and blue aesthetic.
Old 30-11-2017, 01:14 AM

boxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineboxthorncutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've never liked that all black antifa look many of them have.

They need to change that for me to fully accept them as Palace.
Old 30-11-2017, 03:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Love the work they do with displays, and the atmosphere they create at home.

I do think they need to find some new songs. The some ol same ol needs refreshing.

Also find the guys standing at the front (at home) with their back to the game leading the singing has me scratching my head. Not sure if they go for a sing song and a football match is secondary (if even relevant to them).

The abuse of an away player taking a corner down in that area also seems a little over dramatic too.
Old 30-11-2017, 04:06 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
The abuse of an away player taking a corner down in that area also seems a little over dramatic too.
But quite funny when it was Rooney playing for the wankers. He got rather upset poor love.
Old 30-11-2017, 04:10 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Silly thread and too basic a poll.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:06 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
Good atmosphere

However don`t get the:

Sinister look wearing black (hiding faces etc)
Using black in the banners

I know Black in synonymous with Ultras/Anarchists and other political movements, but prefer if the banners stuck to a red and blue aesthetic.
You meanie! They wear black simply to help disguise their developing paunches. And they are hideous on the eye, hence the balaclavas.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:09 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Do some very good things, displays, constant support etc but having witnessed their behaviour on Tuesday and at several other games, sadly on balance the damage they do to the reputation of the club and law abiding Palace fans I would have to say bad.

Last edited by Mr Bo Jangles; 30-11-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:11 AM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When they behave themselves the atmosphere generated is good.

However, they are rapidly turning into just a bunch of Hooligans wearing Hoodies so they don’t reveal their identity.

Sorry, use to be fan but not anymore. Time for Parish to get harder on them.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:41 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Most of the time.

Ruined the atmosphere on Tuesday though.

Some of the 15 year olds need to leave it, that'll help.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:08 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
What even is the HF? I mean does it really exist? Surely you could just wear black and stand next to them? How does it work? Is there an official membership? Is there an application process? An interview? An initiation? Do I need to take drumming lessons? What else is required? Do I need to nick all my mums bed sheets and spray paint them red & blue in the garage to create some flags for home games? Get a tattoo of Wayne Andrew on my arse? What happens if I leave? Will I wake up with an decapitated eagles head in my bed?

Ive checked the website but there is no FAQ section. Until I know the answers, Im not sending my CV.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:09 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cause Palace never had any trouble against Brighton until the HF came along.

I remember back to our last spell in the championship and the dull lifeless place that was Selhurst Park. I'd say they are still a very good thing for the club.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:10 AM

Tony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony Montana came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think that if they started wearing replica shirts it would add a splash of colour and also contribute to the club's coffers. Throw in a few red and blue wigs and face paint and I think we could have a corner of colour and noise.

Does anyone think the OP is good for the club?
Old 30-11-2017, 08:11 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
What even is the HF? I mean does it really exist? Surely you could just wear black and stand next to them? How does it work? Is there an official membership? Is there an application process? An interview? An initiation? Do I need to take drumming lessons? What else is required? Do I need to nick all my mums bed sheets and spray paint them red & blue in the garage to create some flags for home games? Get a tattoo of Wayne Andrew on my arse? What happens if I leave? Will I wake up with an decapitated eagles head in my bed?

Ive checked the website but there is no FAQ section. Until I know the answers, Im not sending my CV.
:-)
Old 30-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
On occasion I do appreciate the colour they bring, but most of the time I find them nothing but an irritation at best and a gross embarrassment at worse.

They are one of things that make modern football such a chore. Most people just want to go and watch the game.

Still, this poll is meaningless. It's not going to be used by the club as free promotional material, is it?
Old 30-11-2017, 08:16 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My view (and I am actually very much pro HF) is that you take it, or leave it.

I think the perception from certain sections of the Palace support is that the group want to be the focus of attention and expect certain previleges on top.

I don’t think that’s true and I don’t really think that is the vibe from within the group either, but over time there have been various clashes of opinion with other Palace supporters on a range of subjects as to how they conduct themselves and of course this is now at a major crossroads (if it wasn’t already) after the complete fiasco of Tuesday night.

I think there has to be a recognition that there is a line to be drawn on a minimum standard of behaviour and how that can impact on the whole of the Palace support and for obvious reasons that line has been transgressed for many outside of the group with the shit storm from the kettling and turnstile hopping from the other night.

As far as the chanting and appearance goes, I don’t have an issue, it’s not really my cup of tea as I’ve always been a ‘scarfer’ and although I don’t mind joining in with the HF chants, I’m more old school and prefer the spontaneity of the older style chants, but in fairness, if you were a regular in Block B of the Holmesdale, you will know there is a blend going on, sometimes with the regular support at the back of B and also the Arthur start up some noise now and again.

Like I said, you join in, or you don’t - it’s a free country after all, apart from when you are being taken for a 90 minute walk by local plod or being sent home for the offence of being in a queue of match ticket holders, where non queing, non ticket holders with fireworks have bolloxed things for all and sundry.

I go to games to watch Palace, pure and simple, I try and get on with anyone that has turned up to do the same, it’s still our team, our club, wether you want to make some noise and wear your colours or not.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 30-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:27 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Most of the ones aged 20ish and under need to leave imo