Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are the hf good or bad for the club?
Good 278 51.29%
Bad 150 27.68%
Donít know 114 21.03%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
like any supporters group there will be people who use it to cause trouble. This is true in regards to general support as well as supporters groups like the HF. They could probably help the situation by their 'spokespeople' coming out and saying that that's (the violence/smokebombs) not what they're about though. Other than that I think they've been incredible for the club.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Old 30-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
the answers wonít be simple.

Yes they are good.

But unfortunately they seem to be a victim of their success and attract utter ****tards who spoil it for the hardcore genuine palace fans (hf and others)

Because of this they are slowly getting a bad rep which is a shame. If those bellends keep tagging on and causing problems then they will no longer be good for the club..
Agreed. Original concept was good and they have done some very good stuff, however they seem to be attracting a more yobby element that do no good for the club's reputation, and who are discouraging other fans - old and new - from attending because of their behaviour. They need cautioning from the club and from within their own ranks.
Old 30-11-2017, 08:53 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like the displays but we need to move away from this fallacy that Selhurst didn't have any atmosphere until they arrived. I've been going to games since 1994, and as far back as I remember (when it was completed) block B has always been jumping.

Yes, pre 2005
Old 30-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eagle View Post
like any supporters group there will be people who use it to cause trouble. This is true in regards to general support as well as supporters groups like the HF. They could probably help the situation by their 'spokespeople' coming out and saying that that's (the violence/smokebombs) not what they're about though. Other than that I think they've been incredible for the club.
Is that what their leaders feel though? Maybe itís the leaders who are encouraging it? I admit I donít know the dynamics within that group and I donít think we should make assumptions that they want to stop some of the unsavoury stuff.

I donít intend to vote in this poll because, like many, my answer isnít a simple Ďgoodí or Ďbadí.

Iím sad to say it, but it seems to me that theyíre going to keep pushing the boundaries until something more serious occurs. All Palace fans and the club will then be punished as a consequence.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In general yes they are. They have done a lot of good things and really helped generate an atmosphere. I think they believe their own hype sometimes and get carried with being 'Italian'.

I don't know if what happened Tuesday is a result of their actions but the perception is and that makes it a bad night for them. They need to address this.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:32 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I don't think they really give a monkeys what the BBS says, and that is how it should be.

Reading the brighton comments on nsc I'm tempted to join the HF now as the moral outrage/meltdown on there is hilarious.

And the poll needs a option.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:41 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
the answers wonít be simple.

Yes they are good.

But unfortunately they seem to be a victim of their success and attract utter ****tards who spoil it for the hardcore genuine palace fans (hf and others)

Because of this they are slowly getting a bad rep which is a shame. If those bellends keep tagging on and causing problems then they will no longer be good for the club..
That sounds about it to me. The atmosphere has always been great at away games but the hf have played the single biggest part in bringing that to Selhurst. They need to be careful to avoid initially and publicly distance themselves from those idiots that are there for trouble
Old 30-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
I think that if they started wearing replica shirts it would add a splash of colour and also contribute to the club's coffers. Throw in a few red and blue wigs and face paint and I think we could have a corner of colour and noise.

Does anyone think the OP is good for the club?
Don't know anything about the OP, but it's a discussion forum so if he/she wants to pose a question I have no problem.

The HF aren't the club, and the club isn't the HF, they are not 'untouchable' they are a small group of supporters not even 1%

I'm sure the majority of the 99% are happy with the displays and the singing, but probably less happy with the perceived favourable treatment and the 'blind eye' approach by the club.

If there are 'hangers on' attaching themselves to the group in order to cause trouble then the group will start to lose support rapidly amongst much of the fan base, unless it is routed out quickly.

This thread is of course a reaction to Tuesday night, and it is wrong to jump to conclusions, however the HF have their 'uniform' and so anyone wearing the same and in the vicinity will be associated with that group unfairly or not.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:46 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
I like the displays but we need to move away from this fallacy that Selhurst didn't have any atmosphere until they arrived. I've been going to games since 1994, and as far back as I remember (when it was completed) block B has always been jumping.

Yes, pre 2005
With flights etc itís over 1k for me to get to a game typically so I only get to a few a season and more often away games.

The reason I mention is that is that I see a snapshot every year, rather than not noticing a slow change and the difference at Selhurst Park, all around the ground is huge. I used massively prefer away games because the palace fans gave me goosebumps sometimes (and cost me my voice) but in the last few years Selhurst has really rocked where as large parts of the ground used to be very quiet. We were in the Whitehorse a few years ago (probably 10) and a few of us were singing. An old guy complained to the guy a few seats from me that he couldnít concentrate on the game and could he stop singing now! Haha
Old 30-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Overall they've had a positive impact on the club. I don't blame them for taking any concessions the club are willing to offer.

I would like to see some more variety in the songs though. I miss "Eagles, Eagles", Ole, ole ole, ole..", "we are Palace, super Palace...". I'd also like to see them join in with chants started elsewhere in the ground rather than dictating the playlist. Most wit and spontaneity has gone.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:51 AM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Before Tuesday I would have said they were without doubt good for the club.

I'm not sure I think so any more.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:54 AM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another thread failing to distinguish between the HF and the people the hangers-on.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:56 AM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post

This thread is of course a reaction to Tuesday night, and it is wrong to jump to conclusions, however the HF have their 'uniform' and so anyone wearing the same and in the vicinity will be associated with that group unfairly or not.
None of us really know who the guys who jumped the barrier/gate were. For all we know, they could have been local kids with no affinity to either club, just looking for a bit of excitement on a midweek evening. They may well have been Palace fans, but you get my point.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreedy View Post
Another thread failing to distinguish between the HF and the people the hangers-on.
Would you like to share your knowledge about this?

How do you know all the trouble is from Ďhangers-oní?
Old 30-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
What happens if I leave? Will I wake up with an decapitated eagles head in my bed?
Don't be ridiculous.

It'd be a seagull's head, surely?
Old 30-11-2017, 10:07 AM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
They have done more good for the club than bad.

Good at Selhurst just need to be careful with the hangers on that come out for the big games away from Selhurst.

Don't like the Pyro stuff but like the Passionate Support when the chips are down.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Would you like to share your knowledge about this?

How do you know all the trouble is from ‘hangers-on’?
I have no knowledge about this at all. I'm just trying be a bit more pragmatic, rather than blame them for every offence by someone dressed in black.

I imagine as all of the group were given a designated block of seats by the club, that they would have spoken to their group about how many tickets to take. If that's the case, there'd be no need for any of them to jump barriers.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Complicated answer.

I would easily say they are not good for most other supporters though, who are treated like crap by both HF and club in order to give them special status.
Old 30-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
God this is thread is going to open a can of worms.

My season ticket used to be in Block B, now I'm in D. I never considered myself HF, but I know a few of the guys and have seen what they do up close. Generally I think they are good for the club. However we all know they/the hangers on/others have made **** ups in the past. If they can eliminate that element from they group then all good.

However there are some on here who I won't name that are very much anti-HF and will whinge about them no matter what they do. They could stand in the concourse handing out fivers and these people would still find a reason to complain about silly things like the drum. In the same token I do know there are staunch pro-HFers.

As said earlier if they can self police better and stop less of of screwing over fellow Palace fans by their group members/outsiders, and focus purely on creating a great atmosphere, then I'm sure we can go back to how it was in our Championship days when the atmosphere was fantastic.

Last edited by Scrumpy; 30-11-2017 at 10:15 AM.