Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP Christine Keeler

Have just read that she has passed on.

My introduction to her was through various magazines in the 90s as celebrities at the time did 'the Keeler pose' on a chair. I seem to recall I had a poster of Louise Nurding as she then was, in that pose on my wall.

Didn't fully understand the significance as a teenager, and it was pre-Wikipedia days so I didn't have an instant answer to 'who is she?'. Nonetheless it got me into interesting conversations with my parents and books about the past.

(This is possibly worthy of the Guilty Fancies thread)

Rest in peace.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Before my time, but Joanne Whalley in the 60's get up for the movie did it for me at the time.

RIP.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:48 PM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy View Post

Rest in peace.
Aye

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 05-12-2017, 10:03 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember the Profumo affair in which through which she became famous/infamous.In brief John Profumo was minister of war (that's what they called it then) who had an affair with Keeler. At the same time she was having an affair with a Soviet KGB agent. This was leaked or found out by the press ,and there was a panic in government that she would be sharing pillow talk with said KGB agent about possible information which could be harmful to security.
Profumo resigned in disgrace and spent the rest of his life doing sterling work for various charities. It was never ascertained as to wether or not security had been compromised . The film with Joanna Whalley is a pretty good summary of events of the time.

Keeler was a very attractive woman ,although let it go in alter life.
Anyway RIP to someone who was at the centre of something that dominated the news back in the early 60's.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteamy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Remember the Profumo affair in which through which she became famous/infamous.In brief John Profumo was minister of war (that's what they called it then) who had an affair with Keeler. At the same time she was having an affair with a Soviet KGB agent. This was leaked or found out by the press ,and there was a panic in government that she would be sharing pillow talk with said KGB agent about possible information which could be harmful to security.
Profumo resigned in disgrace and spent the rest of his life doing sterling work for various charities. It was never ascertained as to wether or not security had been compromised . The film with Joanna Whalley is a pretty good summary of events of the time.
s.

A lovely summary. And as others have said the film is a good depiction.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:45 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My sister's married name was Christine Keeler and she was hounded by reporters etc looking for a story. One even called her from the US, asking to do a story of her life. She said "OK, but it's not that interesting".

Her adopted notoriety did help her gain access to many clubs in London. "Tickets on the door for Christine Keeler." I joined her a couple of times. It was hilarious. Nobody knew what CK looked like, so assumed it was her.

Anyway, condolences for the other Christine Keeler. Need to call my sister later to see how many flowers she's received so far.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:09 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

My introduction to her was through various magazines in the 90s as celebrities at the time did 'the Keeler pose' on a chair. I seem to recall I had a poster of Louise Nurding as she then was, in that pose on my wall.

Didn't fully understand the significance as a teenager, and it was pre-Wikipedia days so I didn't have an instant answer to 'who is she?'. Nonetheless it got me into interesting conversations with my parents and books about the past.

Rest in peace.
That made me laugh I read a book on some trial I was only about ten I found it fascinating. So the next week went to the library and got the story of the Profumo Affair Trial. First question to step mum....whats a prostitute I had no idea . She was lucky got away with a woman that sells her body.... I forgot to ask what for ?
Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Did what corbyn couldn't do and bought down a Tory government . On serious note , she was a very troubled lady in later life , though probably a wealthy one too ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 06-12-2017, 08:55 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well they would say that, wouldn't they?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Socrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Fenner View Post
Well they would say that, wouldn't they?
You missed your chance when Mandy Rice-Davies died.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:38 PM

Patrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePatrick Dwyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
RIP.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You know you are getting old when people do not know who Christine Keeler was!
Old 08-12-2017, 03:31 PM

CK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Nobody knew what CK looked like, so assumed it was her..
I can't remember the last time I did drag
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I can't remember the last time I did drag
Whoops sorry mate.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:48 PM

CK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine