Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
The ONLY reason to sell Wilf is if he wants to go.

I'm not convinced he'd want to go to Arsenal or Chelsea, certain he wouldn't want to go to Manchester United, doubtful on Liverpool or Spurs.

Manchester City possibly though ...
Old 18-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't help but feel people are being a touch unrealistic thinking Wilf doesn't want to move to a big club. He's an ambitious young lad and will want to play on the European stage - something that is very unlikely to happen at Palace. My gut tells me that he goes at the end of this season, relegated or not.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt View Post
I can't help but feel people are being a touch unrealistic thinking Wilf doesn't want to move to a big club. He's an ambitious young lad and will want to play on the European stage - something that is very unlikely to happen at Palace. My gut tells me that he goes at the end of this season, relegated or not.
I switch between being confident he wants to stay, and thinking he must go to get Champions League football.

We shall see.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
In today's prices Wilf's starting point is £60m absolute minimum just to even enter discussions.
You would hope we don't sell ourselves short. He is invaluable to us.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:32 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The european stage is a snore fest these days. What Wilf wants is to play football and he'll play a lot more football at Palace than competing for a place at the big boys with his place threatened every transfer window by the next star signing through the door.
The big boys have ruined many a career. Just look at players like Oxlade- Chamberlin who should have played triple the games he has done in his career if he had played for anyone else.
The big boys stockpile talent and you struggle for game time, who would want that when you can be an all time legend at a club.
The likes of Shearer and Le Tissier turned down the big boys when they came knocking and they are like Royalty in their chosen towns and will be for evermore.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:35 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
In today's prices Wilf's starting point is £60m absolute minimum just to even enter discussions.
60M?? how does that compensate you when you have to give half to Man U and then lose £100M every season when you inevitably go down.
Crazyness, even selling for £100M would be madness.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:35 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
You would hope we don't sell ourselves short. He is invaluable to us.
Indeed. The thing that bugs me though is it does't matter how much we get - we won't be able to replace, and we'll pay over the odds for whatever we do buy.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:36 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me though the big difference is Wilf has played a lot of football. I think if he goes he goes there as a first team player, and will look to make an impact.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for you
Quote:
I feel the same and if honest although I never want him to leave, He does deserve a shot at the top.

We all knew what he could do but I think most of us now see he is becoming better than we thought and the real deal. There is not many like him and if he was to leave, if be heart broken but go for it wilf because you have earned it
Old 18-12-2017, 02:56 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
60M?? how does that compensate you when you have to give half to Man U and then lose £100M every season when you inevitably go down.
Which is the reason he won't be sold.
As you say, even £100m would be not enough compensation for the inevitable.
To us he's priceless.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:02 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Two things that we should consider (A) Wilf enjoys being at Palace , he is a big fish in our pond, he has already tried the big move.

(B) If Palace show some greater ambition to the extent that we do not face relegation he may elect to stay.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:15 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
Any evidence that the sell on exists and what level it is?
Old 18-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Eagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf can renew his contract off the back of this interest. I suspect that's what he'll do.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:40 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Two things that we should consider (A) Wilf enjoys being at Palace , he is a big fish in our pond, he has already tried the big move.

(B) If Palace show some greater ambition to the extent that we do not face relegation he may elect to stay.
Far from me getting carried away and realising a defeat on saturday and the gloom will be back, but get a win on Sat with 2 home games against two of the big boys and less pressure on and who knows what happens.

Show a bit of intent in Jan as in go and get a Number 1 keeper and go and get a good forward to challenge Benteke and cover for injuries/suspensions and a top half finish isnt beyond us.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:43 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Wilf can renew his contract off the back of this interest. I suspect that's what he'll do.
why?

Renewed it to be on over £100k last year, now paid as one of the best players in the PL, only way he will get that increased is a move to one of the top 6 minus Spurs.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Far from me getting carried away and realising a defeat on saturday and the gloom will be back, but get a win on Sat with 2 home games against two of the big boys and less pressure on and who knows what happens.

Show a bit of intent in Jan as in go and get a Number 1 keeper and go and get a good forward to challenge Benteke and cover for injuries/suspensions and a top half finish isnt beyond us.
Agree with that but also our 3rd round draw should mean we do not put out a scratch side against Brighton, if we get to the 4th round and get through then a cup run is not out of the question if things fall into place for us. Just need someone to knock Man City reserves out early.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:58 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Transfer fee over £50m and wages of well over £100k a week will rule our Spurs, may rule out Arsenal and would leave Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd as the only possible candidates (in England) able to afford him.

Wonder if at those figures without any CL experience under his belt they would want to go for the deal.
This is exactly how I see it, Spurs and Arsenal just can't afford him in their current wage structures and their fans would give him such a hard time if he didn't deliver.

He tried Manchester once already and got homesick although I do think he'd be unbelievable in that Pep side. Mouriniho tho, just no. Chelsea is a real possibility, probably the only viable one as he can stay near his family but I am not sure they have the resources of City so not sure they would pay the£50+ million it would take.

Reality is, he loves us, we love him, he gets paid handsomely here. Ironically the only thing that I think is our biggest danger is if we won something, becasue then he could quite rightly say, I've done it and I wouldn't blame him one but.

Like other have said I'd prefer Real or Barca then City or Chelsea but I would never begrudge him, hes earned it and he owes us nothing.
Old 18-12-2017, 04:54 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some are being very naive into believing Zaha wont leave, surely now that he is more mature than when Man Utd came calling before he is able to adjust to a new challenge without being overawed. Plus with the opportunity playing with a Top Four club assuming its Chelsea and along with Champions league football would too much of a temptation to resist.
From Palace's point it will be important we don't get bullied into accepting a silly offer, ideally any deal would include RLC and say 30/35m, that should value Wilf around the 50/55m.
Old 18-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
If Pogba was £85m then so is Wilf.