Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 22-12-2017, 01:04 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Which one does Roy pick when both are fit now that he's seen both??? Ward!
Don't get me wrong TFM will be class .... But for now he's still learning in the class.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:08 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He had 1 poor game against Bristol city in the cup.

He has saved us numerous time with his pace and last ditch challenges. Is he the finished article? No.
Joel ward was dog shit up until hodgsons 3/4th game. TFM is 19 and will be far far superior player than ward
There was an interview with Zaha and Loftus-Cheek on the stream i was watching the other day. Both said (or implied) Fosu Mensah was the fastest player at the club. I'd be happy if we bought him though i think it is unlikely and means any loans we get will come from outside the prem.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:08 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
He is of more use to a dominant team that won't be defending to the amount that we do... Just look at PVA, Man City want him as a squad player if you believe the newspapers.. because he's good going forward over being a solid defender...but he's weak for us because of that.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:18 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Can't see him giving up the ghost at Old Trafford just yet.

He is only 19.
Is the right answer. TFM's potential is huge; Champions League level, IMHO. He's not the finished article but what a player he will be soon.

I would be delighted to be proven utterly wrong but can't see the Wankers selling him to us for a price we'd be willing to pay.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:18 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He had 1 poor game against Bristol city in the cup.

He has saved us numerous time with his pace and last ditch challenges. Is he the finished article? No.
Joel ward was dog shit up until hodgsons 3/4th game. TFM is 19 and will be far far superior player than ward
Correct.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve seen of him. With a bit of coaching he could be a great player.
Old 22-12-2017, 01:32 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Why on earth would anybody want to buy him based on what we have seen so far? has he been any better than Ward, NO, could he play as a CB at this moment based on his defending that we have seen, NO.
For now we either keep him on if Roy feels he needs him at RB and then simply return him in the summer, if we went in for him now we will most likely be quoted around 20m, and for that we could get better abroad, also signing a RB is not a priority just now that money can be better spent on more urgent priorities elsewhere.
I agree RB is not the priority right now but if it was just about whether TFM is a worthy buy, comparing a 19 year old to the most experienced Premier League player we have is unfair. Give TFM a few seasons and he will beyond us as a player in terms of affordability. Right now, our foremost needs are a striker and GK with some kind of additional, creative player secondarily. But if any money were left after that and if Man Utd were stupid enough to let TFM go a low fee, we should definitely take him. Won't happen though.
Old 22-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I agree RB is not the priority right now but if it was just about whether TFM is a worthy buy, comparing a 19 year old to the most experienced Premier League player we have is unfair. Give TFM a few seasons and he will beyond us as a player in terms of affordability. Right now, our foremost needs are a striker and GK with some kind of additional, creative player secondarily. But if any money were left after that and if Man Utd were stupid enough to let TFM go a low fee, we should definitely take him. Won't happen though.
What i am basing my judgement on is what we have seen to date, and in all honesty for Palace that has been average to say the least, the Watford game showed just how lacking he is, so we can only judge on what we see now not on what may be in the future. We are not a club able to afford that luxury.
I accept your argument that he is 19 and learning his trade, but is he not a Full Dutch International and played several games for Man Utd? so reasonably experienced, i would have expected better especially for the sort of money we would need to pay IF he was allowed to be sold, so as i said would rather stick with Ward who in all reality has been more effective and review the situ in the summer.
Old 22-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
What i am basing my judgement on is what we have seen to date, and in all honesty for Palace that has been average to say the least, the Watford game showed just how lacking he is, so we can only judge on what we see now not on what may be in the future. We are not a club able to afford that luxury.
I accept your argument that he is 19 and learning his trade, but is he not a Full Dutch International and played several games for Man Utd? so reasonably experienced, i would have expected better especially for the sort of money we would need to pay IF he was allowed to be sold, so as i said would rather stick with Ward who in all reality has been more effective and review the situ in the summer.
I agree he's not been jaw-droppingly amazing, but Palace need to be picking up players when they're not the finished article. We just can't afford to buy 11 players at their peak and selling or releasing them at the end of their contract for huge losses.

So, were it to happen, Ward as no. 1 for 2/3 years and TFM as no. 2. Then roles switch and we bring in a new understudy for TFM. A conveyor belt if you like.

Though I don't think we'll be able to sign TFM for the sort of price that makes sense. But that doesn't invalidate the principal.

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
Old 22-12-2017, 10:10 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Buying to free up loan spot is a good strategy and worked before with punch etc

However he is massively rated by Utd, he's only in loan here to gain experience not to put him in the shop window. Same for RLC and Chelsea

Both would be amazing signings, I'd happily support ESP if it allowed up to get a GK and an Infs type player in loan
Old 22-12-2017, 10:16 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Am I missing something. He'd surely headed back to Utd. He's hardly played and barring one of two games, has looked pretty average
Old 22-12-2017, 10:49 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
The fact is that he has settled into the Premier League pretty well, which is what United want, so that he can feature in their team next season in place of Valencia. How many of our young players from the Acadamy and U.23 squad could break into our side particularly 19 year olds?
Old 23-12-2017, 11:08 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
yes please. If we could sign RLC and TFM permanently and get in a couple of loans that'd do me for this window.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:02 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
If we can buy him great but if we can't no way should we send him back to free up a loan spot as he's locked in for the season and far better than our back option (after him and ward) in Kelly
Old 24-12-2017, 06:15 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I thought he was really poor against Watford. Wouldn't be against buying him if he was cheap but I think letting him go to free up a loan place will be the more sensible option. Not ready to start regularly in the PL yet and not much point having him if we can get loans in more urgently needed positions.

Werner Herzog
Old 24-12-2017, 06:53 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
The fact is that he has settled into the Premier League pretty well, which is what United want, so that he can feature in their team next season in place of Valencia. How many of our young players from the Acadamy and U.23 squad could break into our side particularly 19 year olds?
On the flipside, Mourinho is the manager and not known for his patience with the young...
Old 24-12-2017, 07:16 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON View Post
No more than £5m though.
Lol
Old 24-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought he wasn't great against Watford too
Old 24-12-2017, 01:57 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
On the flipside, Mourinho is the manager and not known for his patience with the young...
Interesting thought, but I think he wants the lad back.
Old 24-12-2017, 02:09 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
He is a centreback not a right back.