Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does anyone else think that it weird how they gave essentially signed him before the transfer window has opened?

I know the contract will state Jan 1st etc but still seems odd.

Especially the shirt holding picture. Maybe just me...
Old 28-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My understanding was always that transfers could go through, but you couldn’t process the change in player registration - so in theory you can sign anyone at any time, they just can’t play.

Best recent example would be the Leicester player for whom the paperwork went through something like 10 seconds too late - he’s still a Leicester player, but not available to play.
Old 28-12-2017, 09:35 AM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
And Sakho is a better player thanvan djik....also even with the Tv deal how does £75 mill get financed, get past FFP and Wilf must be worth over £100 mill
The club either borrows the money or offloads some players. As has been said countless times before the £75m is amortised over of the term of his contract. FFP only come into play if Liverpool are running big losses or their wage bill exceeds the increase in other non TV money. This year they will be earning extra by being in the Europa League and the increase in capacity.

LFC fansite

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 28-12-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 28-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its good if the big boys do their business early. Means our targets realise they're chances of moving to a bigger club than us are limited / ruled out. Rather than string us along all January in case a big club makes a bid, they're more likely to accept our offer earlier.
Old 28-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
My understanding was always that transfers could go through, but you couldn’t process the change in player registration - so in theory you can sign anyone at any time, they just can’t play.

Best recent example would be the Leicester player for whom the paperwork went through something like 10 seconds too late - he’s still a Leicester player, but not available to play.
^^^ This is my exact understanding too
Old 28-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
^^^ This is my exact understanding too
Always wondered how Man Utd / Real Madrid managed to cancel the De Gea transfer a few years back though, as I thought it had all been signed but the registration not put through in time.

Anyway, no reason for us not to have new signings running out at St Mary’s
Old 28-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
£75m for a defender who’s done nothing in a year.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Rumours of a 10% sell on fee going to Celtic for the Van Dijk transfer.

Liverpool have ruined this window by throwing so much dough on the table so early. The already inflated January prices will be bumped up even more now.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
The only time i've noticed VVD is against Spurs. 2 seasons ago, an air kick as Kane beats him to the ball then runs through and scores. Last season, scores a header himself, is beaten at the near post by Alli who scores, then jogs back each time as Spurs add another 3. No wonder he was too scared to play the other day..........
Wow, tottenham hotspur sound amazing.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Wow, tottenham hotspur sound amazing.
Just my frame of reference on VVD is a bit narrow; not being a Southampton fan I've only seen him against a team I do watch.

But yeah, they are
Old 28-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulGame View Post
You haven't watched Van Dijk much have you? Van Dijk lacks pace?

He has great pace.Ask any Celtic or Southampton fan ,they will say the same.
I have watched this lad for several years and rated his solidity and his rock like stature in the middle, but as i mentioned lacks pace in those first few crucial yards when a quick attacker runs at you. Very similar to what Tony Adams was, a great reader of situations and quick in the tackle, but when run at was left floundering and this is where he will get found out as a defender when coming up against the best, thankfully he wont have to worry about speedsters like Mane and Salah, but there are many others like the tricky Zaha?
Lets not forget when judging a defender costing a staggering 75m you tend to expect a Complete player which was my point.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:49 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Neil Warnock has just said on radio that Palace could’ve got Van Dijk for £6m from Celtic when he was manager, and felt it was a good price but the chief scout said he wasn’t very quick so didn’t feel he was worth it.
Neil talking shit shocker!
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 28-12-2017, 01:25 PM

mexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
So where are our signings then?

Come on Doogie. Let us down already.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Russboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote from Colin: 'I went after the centre-half at Celtic, Van Dijk, and they wanted £6million.

'I said, ‘We have got to buy him, don't we?' The chief scout went to watch him and said, ‘He is not very quick, it's Scottish football'.

'That was before Southampton came in for him.'

We paid 4.75M for Jordon Mutch that window.
Old 30-12-2017, 08:36 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Defender Terence Kongolo joining Huddersfield on loan from Monaco. They signed him for £15m in the summer.
Old 31-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Old 31-12-2017, 02:36 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Rickie Lambert - £4million
Adam Lallana - £25m
Dejan Lovren - £20m
Nathaniel Clyne - £12.5m
Sadio Mane - £30m
Virgil van Dijk - £75m

They might as well just buy the whole Club, cheaper in the long run.
Old 31-12-2017, 02:40 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Jesus out for 2 months, Arsenal might get a decent fee off City for Sanchez now.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:10 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Nike have used Coutinho’s name on Barcelona shirts in a website advertisement then promptly took it down. He’s definitely gone then. Now we know why Klopp could afford to pay £75m for a defender.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-12-2017, 03:20 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Jesus out for 2 months, Arsenal might get a decent fee off City for Sanchez now.

Would be typical that we injure Jesus which makes City buy Sánchez and then Arsenal use the money to buy Zaha.

I bet the injury to De Bruyne will then mean Cabaye joins someone as a consequence.

God even my own negativity winds me up.