Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2017, 11:48 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Cabaye has met, but not exceeded expectations.

Anyone thinking he was going to come in as the messiah were destined for disappointment.
Anyone who thought that was delusional. Cabaye has never been the type of player that shines again and again, he’s always been an unsung hero type who chips in with a goal and assist here and there. His free kicks and goals from distance have been disappointing but his defensive contribution has exceeded my expectations.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:50 AM
I love Banging

Banger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He has done ok for us. Not a bad signing but not as good as I thought he was at the time. Seems to play well against the better teams. Hopefully Yohan won't be missed if he leaves!
Old 28-12-2017, 11:52 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
not as good as I thought he was at the time.
I think too many were seduced by Pardew’s hype.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:55 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Anyone who thought that was delusional. Cabaye has never been the type of player that shines again and again, he’s always been an unsung hero type who chips in with a goal and assist here and there. His free kicks and goals from distance have been disappointing but his defensive contribution has exceeded my expectations.
Goals per games at Newcastle less than 1 in 5 at Palace almost 1 in 9.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
losing Yoh at the end of the season is going to be a massive blow. We are going to need a very good transfer window somehow with RLC returned too. I suppose we'll cross that bridge when it comes but when we are being outgunned for all our targets it makes it very very difficult.
Yep, certainly something not to worry about yet. But I also agree. Replacing Cabaye and Loftus-Cheek will be a huge job and of course if Wilf were to leave too the task would be colossal if we are still trying to compete in the Premier League.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can only do 70 mins these days; prefer Jimmy Mac in the there
Old 28-12-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Goals per games at Newcastle less than 1 in 5 at Palace almost 1 in 9.
Yep, majority of which being free kicks or from distance which I said have been the disappointing aspects of his game. Everything else has been what I expected, except for how tenacious he is defensively which was a nice surprise.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I think BUBBS list is not meant to be about how highly he rated every player on it but more a comment on how he rates Cabaye.

I am with him on this, as I think Cabaye at times has been more a liability than an asset.

I do appreciate he works his socks off, and plays likes he cares, so gets a big tick in the box for doing so, both traits that Palace fans down the years have had to admire because there has been a general lack of quality on the pitch to concentrate on other traits (bar circa 90/91) .

However in recent times the quality on show has gone up several notches and now Cabaye effort and commitment is let down by poor decision making typified by some ridiculous mistimed tackles in places on the pitch where it was totally unnecessary (Newcastle this season the one that springs to mind as an eg), unbelievably poor dead ball delivery and consistently poor passing within and across games. I often wonder if he had not played in the FA cup final whether we would have won it, as he was very very poor on the day.

I think this is all so obvious, particularly when I discuss Cabaye with my Palace supporting mates, we all seem in agreement on this, however it is clear that many also rate him very highly so I have to question my own judgement on him. When I do though, I still reach the same conclusion.

Its a funny old game.

EDIT: I would add Bobby Kellard to the list
Who knows about the cup final.. if he was still on the pitch there is no way Rooney would have been allowed to run all the way across the edge of our box leading to their goal.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:04 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Nicholas. Come now. Dave Madden better than Yohan Cabaye ?

Too much Christmas sherry mi old tater ?

Dave Madden was the greatest player ever to set foot on God’s earth. In fact, at 54, I think he could still do a job in our midfield.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:12 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Grabbing the ball for every free kick (and pens....) and then wasting 95% of them is the mark of a great midfielder? My expectations are just too high. I admire his workrate but he is not the complete package
Old 28-12-2017, 12:14 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Here’s another way of looking at it...do you think £10m (in 2015 remember) and 100k a week, could’ve been more effectively spent elsewhere?

I think my problem is had Cabaye appeared from our youth set up or a releatively modest lower league signing, my view of him would be a lot more positive. But the money we paid for him along with the fanfare that greeted his arrival, led me to believe we were signing a talisman; someone that would dictate the play and chip in with goals too.

I’m not blind to his qualities but as all the things Exiled Stirling points out, he really frustrates and should’ve contributed more. That fact he can hardly last 90 mins since he arrived is another joke really.

I am glad when I see him on the team sheet, as at the moment, he is contributing more than what we have on the bench, but we can do better.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:30 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
FFS we have been discussing this for ages and it does not need another thread
Exactly! Here:To view the link you have to Register or Login

Thread closed.