Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-12-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I heard it was Kyle Tracy who started Roy Hodgson’s red and blue army.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Bresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Who decides what the HF sing? Is it literally one guy picking a tune that the HF and consequently the rest of the stadium will sing?
What happened to the previous 'capo' bloke who used to manage the chants? I haven't seen him this season, and the HF chants have been a bit repetitive since. He had a better knack for mixing up the 'set list' to get things going
Old 29-12-2017, 11:06 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why don't some of the people who would prefer different chants actually, erm... start some? If they are good I'll even join in, like I do with most of the HF ones.
It's not even that hard to do, it just takes a bit of dedication and persistence. Or does this particular form of commitment not stretch much further than tapping out a few miserable words on a web forum?
Old 29-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bresslaw Nation View Post
What happened to the previous 'capo' bloke who used to manage the chants? I haven't seen him this season, and the HF chants have been a bit repetitive since. He had a better knack for mixing up the 'set list' to get things going
Chunky boy.... I've not seen him for quite a few games... Skeletor turned up late last night also.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Nothing is as bad as the La La La song which just kills the atmosphere.
Nothing got going till we got the 2nd goal and it was over by then anyway.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:18 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bresslaw Nation View Post

Agreed, itís all gone a bit downhill since he disappeared.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:22 AM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think its about time us from the middle / back of Block B started taking a tad more responsibility and get the older songs going again. We've had it too easy for a while. Singing Roy's name is a start, now lets get "we all follow the Palace..." and others going again.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:28 AM

leeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There has been a couple of games where the HF watched in silence (I think as some kind of protest) and those were the worst atmospheres. It's easy to believe that the rest of the crowd would fill the stadium with a delightful array of classics, but in reality since the away fans were moved we NEED a group to push things along.

In fact the back of block B started two songs last night, RH red blue army which the HF stopped their song and joined in with, and the moronic team of Alan Lee's, which thankfully died on its arse.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
The HF make all other clubs jealous of our support, I loved the comment ''I turned the sound down'', Yet another moaner that was not there.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:35 AM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeeooooh2 View Post
There has been a couple of games where the HF watched in silence (I think as some kind of protest) and those were the worst atmospheres. It's easy to believe that the rest of the crowd would fill the stadium with a delightful array of classics, but in reality since the away fans were moved we NEED a group to push things along.

In fact the back of block B started two songs last night, RH red blue army which the HF stopped their song and joined in with, and the moronic team of Alan Lee's, which thankfully died on its arse.
Also Macca's song when he came on.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:02 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another thing as well, is that the HF do stop what they are doing on occasion and try to tune into chants that other areas are starting up. Sometimes they miss things or are already building something else up, but that is a definite part of their operation. There were lessons learned on this quite a few seasons ago, and I think they have stuck. Observed them trying to do so on a couple of occasions yesterday.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Another thing as well, is that the HF do stop what they are doing on occasion and try to tune into chants that other areas are starting up. Sometimes they miss things or are already building something else up, but that is a definite part of their operation. There were lessons learned on this quite a few seasons ago, and I think they have stuck. Observed them trying to do so on a couple of occasions yesterday.
True ..
Old 29-12-2017, 12:07 PM

leeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Also Macca's song when he came on.
True, forgot that one.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:16 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
The HF make all other clubs jealous of our support, I loved the comment ''I turned the sound down'', Yet another moaner that was not there.
Believe me. All other clubs aren't jealous of the HF.
There is a difference between "our support" and the HF - who are ironically the most divisive part of our fanbase.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:26 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Well done to everyone who added nothing to our noise last night and continue to bitch about it today.

Your continuing lack of support is indispensable to our dwindling atmosphere.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not the greatest tune or lyrics ever I totally agree, but would there have been any sound from fans apart from this? I doubt it.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:31 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Im sure its connected to the generally poor home form. I remember Blackburn Rovers having a shite drum...making the ground feel pretty soulless.

It takes away the natural eb and flow of the crowd. The happy songs whilst we are losing get on my nerves too.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:32 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
...and dont let them say any different..the atmosphere was pretty good before the drum and the hf
Old 29-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Well done to everyone who added nothing to our noise last night and continue to bitch about it today.

Your continuing lack of support is indispensable to our dwindling atmosphere.
I normally lose my voice by half time... I seem to have less stamina than Yohan Cabaye.

Last edited by in-exile; 29-12-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:38 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I'm all for the song but the HF had retired the song due to their sad loss of the HF legend Mr Pardew.