Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-12-2017, 12:44 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
...and dont let them say any different..the atmosphere was pretty good before the drum and the hf
Old 29-12-2017, 12:46 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Stripes View Post
Not the greatest tune or lyrics ever I totally agree, but would there have been any sound from fans apart from this? I doubt it.
Exactly this. When people are getting happy because the 'back of Block B started 1 or 2 songs over the HF' you know it's bad..

Old 29-12-2017, 12:48 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Well done to everyone who added nothing to our noise last night and continue to bitch about it today.

Your continuing lack of support is indispensable to our dwindling atmosphere.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:50 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Im sure its connected to the generally poor home form. I remember Blackburn Rovers having a shite drum...making the ground feel pretty soulless.

It takes away the natural eb and flow of the crowd. The happy songs whilst we are losing get on my nerves too.
Isn't that what "support" is meant to be?

I mean, how much does it help to go silent or chant abuse?
Old 29-12-2017, 12:51 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I normally lose my voice by half time... I seem to have less stamina then Yohan Cabaye.
HalfTime? Most weren't even cheering or clapping the names being read out.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:52 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
The HF are good overall but I agree a couple of those chants are so droning. Should be more reactionary, sing about Wilf when he dribbles through 3 of their players or Luka when he makes a crunching tackle, or abuse the away fans if they’re typically silent. Variety is the spice of life.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:53 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
HalfTime? Most weren't even cheering or clapping the names being read out.
AW corner ...were onboard in all songs.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:54 PM

slondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineslondonlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think our "legendary atmosphere" is overated if it wasnt for the hf it would be completely dead.

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
An awful lot of regular noisy fans were missing from my area presumably watching on TV rather than in the cold of Selhurst. Shame we still don not have a proper loud Roy Hs Red and Blue army - almost started I think but turned into S London. The way to get going against City is to have a real wall of noise.
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Lots of half and half scarfs around last night ..how do they get the tickets?
Old 29-12-2017, 12:58 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
Isn't that what "support" is meant to be?

I mean, how much does it help to go silent or chant abuse?
It isnt support..its happy chants which dont reflect the atmosphere...it probably spurs on the opponents. We need more of a "come on lads" atmosphere..rather than "SE25 SE25 SE25..."
Old 29-12-2017, 01:00 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OP and others knocking the drum and HF (again).......yes they pull some silly stunts, but anyone with half a brain can see and hear that they are the catalyst for most of the good atmosphere at Selhurst and other grounds, Stop fecking moaning and get behind the team.
Old 29-12-2017, 01:06 PM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
Still 100 times better than Arsenal's attempts. "1-0 to the Arsenal"

That was awful... and a top 6 team singing ‘how shit must you be? We’re winning away’ etc... I should ******* hope they were
Old 29-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here

I would rather have a drum
Old 29-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Dutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.L View Post
There have been a couple of games with no drum and the atmosphere has been shit or when we have scored, you get everyone singing WLY completely out of time with each other. The drum definitely helps keep everyone together it just feels like there are fewer and fewer fans can be bothered to join in.

Felt it for a while but large parts of the Palace support aren't particularly bothered and seem to either have become bored with the PL or are now simply taking it for granted. Relegation would be terrible for us as a club but one of the few benefits would be a chance to shake up the support a bit and get rid of some of the hanger-ons.
100% this for me
Old 29-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Lots of half and half scarfs around last night ..how do they get the tickets?
Fair few Arsenal fans in the Whitehorse, and I'm sure other home areas. Told one to shut the **** up when he celebrated one of their goals.
Old 29-12-2017, 01:43 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteagle View Post
Do you think a wailing police car siren plays a tune? Or maybe a dentist's drill?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Have you ever dived under water, held your breath, and then tried to sing by humming something musically?

Yes in the bath when washing my hair, you can make some wicked basslines by doing that

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 29-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
An awful lot of regular noisy fans were missing from my area presumably watching on TV rather than in the cold of Selhurst. Shame we still don not have a proper loud Roy Hs Red and Blue army - almost started I think but turned into S London. The way to get going against City is to have a real wall of noise.

You need to turn your hearing aid up.

RH's R&B Army got a real good airing last night across the Holmesdale and into the Athur. Shame the rest of the ground are dead to the world when it comes to piping up during a few songs.
Old 29-12-2017, 01:58 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
it actually was...we went though a bit of a bad spell because of administration and general shite football at selhurst park and it dipped a bit thats true.

The HF were great at the start and i love the displays, flags etc but the drum etc is just irritating now.
Old 29-12-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierPalace View Post
That was awful... and a top 6 team singing ‘how shit must you be? We’re winning away’ etc... I should ******* hope they were
..well they have generally been poor away from home...