Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-12-2017, 02:11 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I missed my first game for ages and watched on tv last night. The hf were dull dull dull Non football fans came in my room and assumed we were losing by the drone. It was 00 at the time
Old 29-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah that time of the month again where someone who wasn't at the game moans about the HF and a f**king drum. Jesus Christ get over it.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 29-12-2017, 02:43 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I normally lose my voice by half time... I seem to have less stamina than Yohan Cabaye.
I'm sounding like Mariella Fostrop today, never gave up at the back of Block W. Sometimes only a handful kept at it for some reason. Fair play to the youngster in the grey hoodie a few seats in front of me. He stuck at it all game.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:40 PM

newish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierPalace View Post
That was awful... and a top 6 team singing ‘how shit must you be? We’re winning away’ etc... I should ******* hope they were
Agreed! I couldn’t believe it when I heard them sing that against us, with their forward three that must total 200m! How they have fallen.
Old 29-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
You need to turn your hearing aid up.

RH's R&B Army got a real good airing last night across the Holmesdale and into the Athur. Shame the rest of the ground are dead to the world when it comes to piping up during a few songs.
If you read what I said it almost got going but quickly faded. Also many of the singers mumble and can't articulate proper like I do
Old 29-12-2017, 05:31 PM

saveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murraysaveloy FFS Murray
Miss the old chant of Eagles to the tune of Amazing Grace,made hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
Old 29-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Let's see you do better OP
Old 29-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd View Post
we are palace from selhurst, by far the greatest team just another two that have been wiped off the set list.

have to agree, have found the atmosphere too scripted and false for a whilst. Biggest problem is no one else really bothers now as its just like leave it to them they are only going to sing want they want anyway.

Does feel like the atmosphere is losing its unity to me and instead of trying to get everyone involved the HF just seem to have their own agenda
I mean whenever they give these 2 a go no one else joins in anyway (Block Z perhaps the exception). People say they want more old school songs but don't join in, what's up with that?
Old 29-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I'm sounding like Mariella Fostrop today.
Got to be an improvement on Charlotte Church.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-12-2017, 06:32 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
I mean whenever they give these 2 a go no one else joins in anyway (Block Z perhaps the exception). People say they want more old school songs but don't join in, what's up with that?
Let’s be honest they don’t try hard enough. Whereas, they’re happy enough to drone to some shit more suited to a funeral procession for 30 minutes, regardless if anyone else joins in or not.

The HF have made themselves a focal point. As such they have a responsibility to dictate the atmosphere in a positive way. It’s pointless telling people who don’t like their songs to start their own, as like it or not the crowd take their cue from the Fanatics and it’s very difficult to get else thing else going without their lot starting it.

In summary of course the HF are undeniably a good thing, but their songbook is also undeniably very dull when compared to the likes of (spit) Man Utd or Citeh.

Use the drum more sparingly, persevere more with the uplifting classics such as a raucous bellowing of Eagles at corners and we won’t be far short of an atmosphere we all want.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:09 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteagle View Post
Am I alone in finding the relentless, tuneless drum-bashing .....
Of course you're not alone. There will be a few more miserable old gits on the BBS who will hold your view
Old 29-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disliked drums at football ever since the Sheffield Wednesday "band". It detracts from any spontaneity or terrace wit, too much of a drone. Fair play to anyone making an effort with the atmosphere, but would be nice to try something else.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:57 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
It sounds so much better if you stick.....and a cuppa tea onto the end of it. We tried various others to try and break the monotony of the song, with I need a wee and chicken, rice and peas.
Old 29-12-2017, 08:06 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'You are my Palace' was ruined yesterday by the drum. That chant should be left to the Arthur, anyway, as it's not something a drum can readily keep time with (it's quite fast and takes on a life of its own).
Old 29-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I'm sounding like Mariella Fostrop today, never gave up at the back of Block W. Sometimes only a handful kept at it for some reason. Fair play to the youngster in the grey hoodie a few seats in front of me. He stuck at it all game.
Was there someone at the back of W with cerebral palsy (and I am not taking the piss, by the way) who was carrying on most of the singing last night? Everyone near me were sniggering, but I sincerely couldn't work out whether it was someone with a genuine disability or someone just totally wankered.

Whatever the answer, it was very difficult to take them seriously as an orchestrator.

And it didn't help with the stewards sallying into the seats to confiscate booze either.
Old 29-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I was there last night. I've been there since I could barely walk. I was there before the fanatics.

The drum and the drone chants are shit.

Guess that means I'm not a real fan..
Old 29-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpingtoneagle View Post
OP and others knocking the drum and HF (again).......yes they pull some silly stunts, but anyone with half a brain can see and hear that they are the catalyst for most of the good atmosphere at Selhurst and other grounds, Stop fecking moaning and get behind the team.
Amen brother
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.

Cooler than a Polar Bears Toenail
Old 29-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace View Post
Of course you're not alone. There will be a few more miserable old gits on the BBS who will hold your view
Old 29-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Given the choice of drum drivenonotonous chants and silence, I guess I'd go with the drum, but I agree with the OP that there needs to be something more upbeat. We're supposed to be the twelfth man

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 29-12-2017, 11:57 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Was there someone at the back of W with cerebral palsy (and I am not taking the piss, by the way) who was carrying on most of the singing last night? Everyone near me were sniggering, but I sincerely couldn't work out whether it was someone with a genuine disability or someone just totally wankered.