Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-12-2017, 09:22 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why are we talking about resting players when we are deeply involved in a relagation battle? Madness.
Old 29-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
No, we have city on the last day of it

I think he might have 3 now though?
Old 29-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Why are we talking about resting players when we are deeply involved in a relagation battle? Madness.
3 games in 6 days is madness

No option but to rest players for city. Weíre going to get smashed whoever we put out. Ston is massive now
Old 29-12-2017, 09:24 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey
TFM - Kelly - Dann - PVA
McArthur - Luka
Sako - Puncheon - Townsend
Benteke
Old 29-12-2017, 09:24 AM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni
TFM Tomkins Dann PVA
RLC McArthur Luka Townsend
Sako Benteke

Subs:
Hennessey, Kelly, Schlupp, Riedewald, Puncheon, Zaha, Lee

Got to keep Wilf from being banned against So'ton
Old 29-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
No, we have city on the last day of it

I think he might have 3 now though?
Correct, moves to 10 on the 1st.

I thought he was now on 4, but searching through all the pages I can find he seems to be one 3.

Did he play in any league cup games or was he injured for all of them?
Old 29-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's called logic.

You play our first 11 in 3 games in 6 days including in 2 games against Arsenal and City just a day or two before a very winnable game against a quite realistic relegation rival (a win against them would very likely take us above them). Then you reduce your odds of getting points in that game substantially - whereas the odds of us getting anything from City are pretty low anyway.

We would very likely sustain injuries too if we tried to play them all and that could completely destroy us.

Imagine it - losing Wilf, Cabaye and say Luka for a month or two and losing all 3 games all because we tried playing them in every game! What odds on relegation then?

The more I think about it, the more angry - nay - furious I would be if we don't rest players vs City!
Old 29-12-2017, 09:41 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Players having to play 3 games in 5 days is the reason why we have to rest players. That schedule is madness.
Old 29-12-2017, 09:41 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
It's called logic.

You play our first 11 in 3 games in 6 days including in 2 games against Arsenal and City just a day or two before a very winnable game against a quite realistic relegation rival (a win against them would very likely take us above them). Then you reduce your odds of getting points in that game substantially - whereas the odds of us getting anything from City are pretty low anyway.

We would very likely sustain injuries too if we tried to play them all and that could completely destroy us.

Imagine it - losing Wilf, Cabaye and say Luka for a month or two and losing all 3 games all because we tried playing them in every game! What odds on relegation then?
None of this is logic, it is pure guess work and nonsense.

Play the strongest team possible and go for it. Definitely start McArthur.
Old 29-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
If we were aiming to rest everyone from last nightís starting XI it could be:

Hennessey

Souare
Riedewald
TFM
Van Aanholt

Puncheon
McArthur

Sako
Lee
Kaikai

Ladapo

That demonstrates our lack of depth, however with a new keeper, midfielder, winger and striker and if Sakho and Ward were fit, it could have been a very reasonable second XI. Thatís not even including Mutch!!!

I honestly think we'd do well to avoid double figures with that line up, look at that back 4!! a guy who's not played a full game since been cut out of a car wreck over a year ago and a central pairing of 2 stiffs who aren't centre backs.

Honestly that's cheered me up.

I do think we should rest a few, especially Wilf, Cabaye and Luca, we played our best 11 a few months ago and lost 5-0. Rest key players and have them chomping at the bit for the Saints game.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:00 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Actually, what's Delaney doing these days?
Old 29-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
None of this is logic, it is pure guess work and nonsense.

Play the strongest team possible and go for it. Definitely start McArthur.
Itís all irrelevant what we think. All opinions.

But Roy will definitely rest some players. Definitely
Old 29-12-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
It’s all irrelevant what we think. All opinions.

I agree, but I hope he only rests those that need it, as we have let enough points go this season.

We can't afford to keep letting games go, as despite our so called good run, we struggle to win in this league and without wins, we go down.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Itís all irrelevant what we think. All opinions.

Yep. Judging by his post match comments yesterday he's already managing our expectations for the City game.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd rest Cabaye, Wilf (if that yellow card thing is true), and whichever of the two centre halves is closer to falling over injured. Possibly Luka too. Something like...

Speroni
TFM Kelly Dann PvA
Townsend RLC Jimmy Riedewald Sako
Benteke
Old 29-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Actually, what's Delaney doing these days?
Keeping Parish abreast of what's going on at the training ground
Old 29-12-2017, 10:37 AM

woldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Roy mentioned we have a "few knocks, nothing serious but need to be assessed for the next game", sounds like a segway to resting a few which I agree with. As mentioned above that should involve Wilf, Tomkins, Andros and Cabaye.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
I agree, but I hope he only rests those that need it, as we have let enough points go this season.

We can't afford to keep letting games go, as despite our so called good run, we struggle to win in this league and without wins, we go down.
Yeah I get what you’re saying mate
Old 29-12-2017, 10:42 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Speroni
Ward. Dann. Kelly. Schlupp
Puncheon. McArthur Riedewald RLC
Sako Benteke

Last edited by TWELLSEagle; 29-12-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:42 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
The lack of rotation has left us looking really leggy already especially in midfield. We simply have to start doing it and not only for this game. Our tactics ,formation and line ups have become too predictable.