Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i would go with:

Speroni
TFM Tomkins Dann Shlupp
Riedaweld Luka
Sako MaAthur Wilf
Benteke

Andros and RLC on bench as forward replacements.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:12 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whoever
TFM Kelly Dann PVA
Sako McArthur Riedewald Puncheon Souare
Benteke

Save as many legs as possible for Southampton

Would just like to say if Roy sets up with 4-4-2 the 2 centre midfield men are gonna be so overrun it’s gonna be unfair. It’ll be an absolute battering if we do

Last edited by carter; 29-12-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:14 PM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy has only one way of playing and he’s convinced he’s right.
I love Banging

Banger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessey
TFM
Dann
Kelly
PVA
Jairo
Macca
Puncheon
Wilf
Benteke
Sako

Subs
Andros
RLC
Luka
Tomkins
Speroni
Schupp
Lee
Yarrrrrrr

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
It's one thing not risking a player, like Cabaye perhaps, who may only be at 60-70% come kick off on Sunday, but I don't get the talk of resting players who are mostly fit and fine.

It's so defeatist. If we had taken a similar attitude in recent years, we would never have beaten Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal or City themselves.

I appreciate the Southampton game is an issue, but it's a dangerous game to put all eggs in that basket. What benefit is it to anyone if a second string loses to City by a hatful and we then lose to Southampton anyway? Despite their form, playing at their place is far from a gimme.

Plus, as sensational as City have been, they will slip up and chuck in a dog of a performance at some point. You wouldn't be surprised if De Bruyne and a couple of others were rested, and their defence can be got at (recall the first 44 minutes of the away fixture - a game where Roy hadn't yet got to grips with the side, and where we didn't have Wilf). It's an opportunity, not a chore.
It's not about attitude, it's about the physical limitations of the human body. We might not get a result against Southampton but we are far more likely to with our best players rested.

I agree it's an opportunity though - a chance for some of the squad to show they can do it. Reidewald and Sako especially, majority may not agree, but I think there are good players in there.....

In fact I would also say that having the game with the smallest gaps for rest and recovery being against the best team in the league is a blessing in disguise, better that than a more beatable team we can't play our best 11 against because there is so little time to rest.

I'm going to this game so want to see our best 11 as much as anyone else, but appreciate it's just not realistic to expect it. As a non St holder you could argue it's money down the drain but I just want to see whomever we put out give it a proper go, that'll do me.

Last edited by Glɑzier; 29-12-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:56 PM

teesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for youteesdale99 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
It's called logic.

You play our first 11 in 3 games in 6 days including in 2 games against Arsenal and City just a day or two before a very winnable game against a quite realistic relegation rival (a win against them would very likely take us above them). Then you reduce your odds of getting points in that game substantially - whereas the odds of us getting anything from City are pretty low anyway.

We would very likely sustain injuries too if we tried to play them all and that could completely destroy us.

Imagine it - losing Wilf, Cabaye and say Luka for a month or two and losing all 3 games all because we tried playing them in every game! What odds on relegation then?

The more I think about it, the more angry - nay - furious I would be if we don't rest players vs City!
Agree completely. Surely the management team will have identified this ridiculous scheduling of games a long time ago and realised that we must rest the vast majority of first team v City?

I have been hugely impressed with the turnaround Roy has brought about. 442 has worked well in providing a solid defensive base that players are used to and comfortable with. If I had one criticism it would be a lack of flexibility in changing this formation and resulting personnel either before or during games. Eg I felt we should have gone 451 and brought in tfm earlier v Arsenal.

I will be annoyed if Roy decides to stick with the programme v city and makes only minimal changes as I’m convinced (recent history evidences this) this will lead to a tired and insipid loss to Southampton.
Old 29-12-2017, 05:48 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Whoever
TFM Kelly Dann PVA
Sako McArthur Riedewald Puncheon Souare
Benteke

Save as many legs as possible for Southampton

Would just like to say if Roy sets up with 4-4-2 the 2 centre midfield men are gonna be so overrun it’s gonna be unfair. It’ll be an absolute battering if we do
This with another midfielder instead of Benteke
Old 29-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The selection may or may not be a problem for Roy. He seems assured. I read today that against Newcastle, Man City had 21 shots and 78 per cent possession. I am crap at maths but that means that even if the ball was in play for 90 mins Newcastle had less than 20 mins to score a goal. There lies the problem. Shut up shop, you lose, take them on in open game, get stuffed.
Old 29-12-2017, 06:02 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
Roy has only one way of playing and he’s convinced he’s right.
He hasn’t done too bad so far with it .
Old 29-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
-----------------Speroni
---------TFM-Tomkins-Kelly-PVA
McArthur-Milivojevic-Cheek-Reidewald
-------------Sako
----------------Benteke

Townsend and Zaha need/deserve a rest imo, TFM has a bit of pace which we will need and hopefully the PVA/Reidewald overlap and protection on the other side would be interesting to see. Just a half for McArthur with maybe Punch from the bench (I think he scored the winner last time we beat them). Dann's a bit slower and older than Tomkins so he gets the rest on that basis - if only Delaney was 3 years younger. RLC gets a go in the middle just to see what he could do.

Edit - Oops, meant Reidewald left back.

Last edited by Nostrils; 29-12-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:01 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
We’re 11/1 with William Hills to beat Man City.

I can’t recall larger odds for us to win a home game.
Old 29-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Eagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I always forget we have Riedewald.
Old 29-12-2017, 08:09 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
-----------------Speroni
---------TFM-Tomkins-Kelly-PVA
McArthur-Milivojevic-Cheek-Reidewald
-------------Sako
----------------Benteke

Townsend and Zaha need/deserve a rest imo, TFM has a bit of pace which we will need and hopefully the PVA/Reidewald overlap and protection on the other side would be interesting to see. Just a half for McArthur with maybe Punch from the bench (I think he scored the winner last time we beat them). Dann's a bit slower and older than Tomkins so he gets the rest on that basis - if only Delaney was 3 years younger. RLC gets a go in the middle just to see what he could do.

Edit - Oops, meant Reidewald left back.
Something along these lines sounds about right
Old 29-12-2017, 09:25 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It will be interesting to see what side Southampton put out away at Moan Utd on Saturday evening, they’ll be thinking the same as us I’m sure, rest players for the Palace match on Tuesday.
Old 29-12-2017, 09:48 PM

newish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The absolute scenes when Mutch bundles in a 92nd minute winner on Sunday!

#thedrugsdon’twork
Old 29-12-2017, 10:00 PM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
-------------------Hennessey---------------------

TFM--------Kelly------Delaney---------Souare

CYL-----Puncheon------Riedewald----PVA

----------------Mutch---------Sako------------------
Old 30-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Yankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYankeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Speroni

TFM.......Tomkins.......Dann.......PVA

Townsend.......McArthur.......Milivojevic.......Za ha

Sako........Benteke

Subs: Hennessey, Kelly, Schlupp, Riedewald, Puncheon, CYL, Kaikai

Guessing Cabaye and RLC are carrying knocks, judging by Roy's comments and what we could clearly see against Arsenal.

Send Schlupp on for Zaha, Puncheon for Townsend, and Riedewald for Luka at some point in the second (save them for Soton).
Old 30-12-2017, 01:59 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Resting rather than dropping I think
I'd be resting with a view to dropping. I've said it before, Schlupp has the pace but PVA is a MUCH better footballer. JS has defended well, but PVA would give us an added dimension going forward.
Old 30-12-2017, 02:18 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pva is a much poorer defender though, and would get had up by man city for sure, least with schlup there is a chance he has a blinder
Old 30-12-2017, 02:21 AM

ct_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minect_ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Correct, moves to 10 on the 1st.

I thought he was now on 4, but searching through all the pages I can find he seems to be one 3.

Did he play in any league cup games or was he injured for all of them?
Wilf only has 3 bookings. Both the official Premier League site and To view the link you have to Register or Login say the same.

Puncheon has 4 bookings, so he's the only one at risk of missing the Southampton game. Which is probably not something to worry about