Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:56 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.L View Post
Surely it is more about being there to support your team in what is a vital game for the club than worrying about comfy seats and what the view is like?
I agree with this sentiment but find myself more and more coming up with excuses to not bother with midweek fixtures. The availability of perfectly decent streams now really does focus the desire. The last two brighton games midweek, I have watched and thought thank goodness i didn't bother with that.

West ham is easy for me so I'll probably bite the bullet and pay out the £55 for myself and the lad but had it been a saturday afternoon there would have been no doubt whatsoever.

Also I wouldn't go again if it was back of the upper tier like i had last time. It's not like seeing your team! Almost warrants being described as a restricted view on account of the distance from the game.

Last edited by scro; 10-01-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surely it is more about being there to support your team in what is a vital game for the club than worrying about comfy seats and what the view is like?
I don't care about comfort. I've been to every game but Newcastle this season, think I'm entitled to give this one a miss (for reasons other than those which are apparent as well)

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 10-01-2018, 08:45 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I don't care about comfort. I've been to every game but Newcastle this season, think I'm entitled to give this one a miss (for reasons other than those which are apparent as well)
Don't worry about the supporter dick measuring that takes place on here sometimes.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:47 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Will be flying (hopefully) above the stadium back into City Airport 30 minutes before kickoff. Will get a great view but too tight on time to buy a ticket
Old 10-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Joe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Fair enough. To be honest the comment was made out of surprise that such things should really matter to someone who appears to be a committed fan, rather than anything else.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:39 AM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
just spoke to box office, if your looking for tkts in the lower tier, apart from block117 all the other blocks have only the front 11 rows left . block 117 has all the way to row 25.i would phone the box office rather than online ,as you only seem to get poor seats online..
Old 10-01-2018, 10:01 AM

Big Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i'm at checkout online - block 117 row 16 is that good???
Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Patch View Post
if the seat is inside the Olympic stadium for a football match then no it isn't good....
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Big Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
haha
Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 AM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
if the seat is inside the Olympic stadium for a football match then no it isn't good....
don't know mate , not sat lower tier before ,I am in row 20
Old 10-01-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Patch View Post
I would take it if that's whats being offered ? it only goes back another 9 rows.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 AM

thanks mate - all sorted #coyp
Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Putney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychippie View Post
I would take it if that's whats being offered ? it only goes back another 9 rows.
would agree - is long as you get lower tier, you are fine - I think - was in the Upper last year and were miles away from the pitch...!
Old 10-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychippie View Post
just spoke to box office, if your looking for tkts in the lower tier, apart from block117 all the other blocks have only the front 11 rows left .
I just got three in block 119 row 14 online so this isn't strictly true.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:52 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Do they do a seat view anywhere online ? Keen to see what 9 rows back in the lower looks like
Old 10-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went last season, It's not great.

IMO the best seats are towards the back of the lower tier, So anything from row 20 upwards. The upper section is about 20 yards behind the lower section with a gap in between.

Stadium plan - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-01-2018, 11:29 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Funny that because I remember when they got the stadium their owners bragged about cheap tickets for all.
The Premier League should introduce a maximum child rate for away fans of say £15 to prevent clubs ramping up the price of childís tickets to make up for the fact that they canít rip adults off.
They had a big problem with this at first. They issued cheap kids season tickets but touts and others were buying them and then upgrading the tickets to adults for big games and sold them at high prices.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
View from the upper away section - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Lower section, I reckon block 119.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
View from the upper away section - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Lower section, I reckon block 119.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
I was in the home end last year. Great seats but the pitch was so far away. Terrible ground - how they must wish they had stayed at Upton Park.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fair enough. To be honest the comment was made out of surprise that such things should really matter to someone who appears to be a committed fan, rather than anything else.
He is a very committed fan.

But many of us donít go to all away matches so, when youíre making your choice, a number of factors will be considered.

So ofcourse the view will be part of that decision process.

I went to Newcastle to watch Palace once, took 2 days, overnight hotel and then looked down on the match from 14 flights of stairs up like watching ants running about.

Havenít been back since.

I donít think Iíd do that again unless I was doubling it up with another reason to be in the North East for the weekend, although I did like the city and people.