Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should referees get abuse?
They don't get enough. We need to up the abuse. 32 41.56%
It's a free for all. Anything within in the law is ok. 20 25.97%
They get a bit too much abuse. 16 20.78%
The abuse, by and large, should be cut out. 8 10.39%
It's all the fault of the Holmesdale Fanatics. Even at other clubs. 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-12-2017, 01:07 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Should referees get abuse?

Was just thinking about it, and is it right?

I've dished it out and so does my dad. But not sure, if I think about it, if I'm that comfortable with it.

Crap poll above.
Old 30-12-2017, 01:09 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
YES close thread
Old 30-12-2017, 01:10 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
YES close thread
Old 30-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should wear body-cam and players cited for comments that are abusive and insulting. I suspect that the footage might undermine the perception of independence that they like to maintain, showing all the matey chat they have with players.
Old 30-12-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Should wear body-cam and players cited for comments that are abusive and insulting. I suspect that the footage might undermine the perception of independence that they like to maintain, showing all the matey chat they have with players.
I don't know for sure but in rugby isn't any back chat to the ref automatically penalised? Let alone abuse.
Old 30-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Probationary User

NickOD is playing for a contract
I referee every Sunday in a men’s League. I get very little abuse as I communicate with teams, work with them and make rationale and clear decisions that I am happy to explain. Some of the refereeing performances at Selhurst this season have been beyond Sunday morning. Step forward Bobby Madley as one of the biggest culprits. Inept is too kind to describe him. So...should referees get abuse? Only if they can’t control the game and get the key decisions right which has been a worrying number of times this season.
Old 30-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
An exception would be Clattenburg... he needs to be burnt at the stake

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 30-12-2017, 01:37 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
An exception would be Clattenburg... he needs to be burnt at the stake
He would probably say that it was unfair on the fire and stake, as it would look like it was all about him
Old 30-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
His game plan would be to allow the stake to self destruct
Old 30-12-2017, 01:43 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Was just thinking about it, and is it right?

I've dished it out and so does my dad. But not sure, if I think about it, if I'm that comfortable with it.

Crap poll above.
Your Daddy should tell you to be a good boy for mummy and your teachers!
Old 30-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Your Daddy should tell you to be a good boy for mummy and your teachers!
That's true, need another poll option "bad parenting".
Broken Britain.
Old 30-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Yes. Wankers.
Old 30-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
I don't think refs do that job to make friends but I can't think of much worse jobs where thousands of people are there to abuse you, sometimes on tv, whether you make a mistake or not. I don't envy them so I say cut them some slack...until they screw up in the opponents favor

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 30-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can think of one or two who have probably deserved abuse but on the whole it probably does little good, other than allowing the fans to let off steam. However, players should never argue with or abuse refs; there will only be one winner.
Old 30-12-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I can think of one or two who have probably deserved abuse but on the whole it probably does little good, other than allowing the fans to let off steam. However, players should never argue with or abuse refs; there will only be one winner.
I think players abuse refs because there is no sanction, in reality.
Moving a free kick 10 metres further forward did not really help, but - moving a free-kick to where the player gobbed off might. Ideally the ref blows up and then stands nearer the middle of the pitch when a free kick is given out wide.
I have no grasp of the technicalities, but if the game has been stopped, infringements can still happen (dissent for example) - so move the free kick to where that happened. Or give the team the decision which of the two places to take the kick from.
For example, think about the last few seconds of the game and the ball is about to be pinged from half-way in to the mixer from a free-kick. Gobby defender gives it all the chops to the ref', he blows up and the free-kick is now on the edge of the box.

Or sin-bin for specific offences, like dissent.

(I suspect I need to get back to work, the novelty of Christmas leave is wearing off and I have done all the DIY - now doing rambling posts on here...)
Old 30-12-2017, 05:38 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
if they make a shite decision, yes they should. But too many give them shite when they make the right decision.
Old 30-12-2017, 05:47 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
It is a very difficult job and one that it is impossible for a ref to get it right every time. So this should be taken into account and honest mistakes tolerated as the best one can.

However when you get Clattenburg talking about game management and his concerns about the headlines if he had sent off the three Spurs he believed he should have, then we have every right to question the basis for some of their decisions and not simply write them off as mistakes when they get it wrong.

Apparently, because I keep hearing it said, Clattenburg is a very good referee, so forgive me if I tend to get a little angry, and a tad suspicious, when I remember his performance in the FA cup final and wonder what 'game management' skills he brought to the table that required him totally ignoring the advantage rule.
Old 30-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
What if the fans got behind the ref. He might subconciously favour us
Old 30-12-2017, 06:14 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
"We love you Madley, we do"
Old 30-12-2017, 06:16 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Ha Ha one Kelvin Morton theres only one Kelvin Morton!