Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Hennessey 18 3.35%
Fosu-Mensah 284 52.79%
Tomkins 72 13.38%
Dann * 0 0%
van Aanholt 12 2.23%
Cabaye ** 18 3.35%
Milivojevic 17 3.16%
Riedewald 57 10.59%
Townsend 2 0.37%
Benteke 1 0.19%
Zaha 26 4.83%
Kelly * 28 5.20%
Puncheon **/*** 2 0.37%
Lee *** 1 0.19%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-12-2017, 03:29 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fosu-Mensah was incredible today.

Kelly didn't look weak coming in cold against the best attacking side in the league.

Riedewald didn't look out of place considering his second ever start in the prem.

Overall we can be very proud. Just such a shame it couldn't have been 3 pts.

From all the clamour around it you have to assume Wilf is going to get a ban. Which isn't right but I think we have to expect it. Wonder if the panel meet/can meet before the Soton game?
Old 31-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think they would be soft to give personally.

There is just something about Man City I really don't like... They have a nasty undertone to them that doesn't sit well with me.
The way they were getting in Luka's face before the penalty was a disgrace. Zero protection from the ref. They could be one of the great sides but the minute things start to turn against them they become horrible cynical wankers
Old 31-12-2017, 03:31 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Only Benteke was a frustration to watch.

TFM was my MoTM. Reidwald I hardly noticed but that would indicate he played really well as the midfield was an area we had to be very competitive in, and were, and had any City player got the better of him it would have shown.

Cannot believe I am feeling a little flat having just drawn with them, and being the first team to stop them scoring in the league this season, but first that Townsend miss and Luka's penalty miss at the death is such a pisser.

We have too much quality and fighting spirit to be involved in the relegation battle for too much longer (providing injuries do not become an even bigger problem)
Old 31-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great performance all round. Fantastic save by WH and enough chances to win it. TFM was MOTM for me.

Walker was their weak link and should have been off. Need to see the punch challenge as i missed it at the time.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think they would be soft to give personally.

There is just something about Man City I really don't like... They have a nasty undertone to them that doesn't sit well with me.
Michael Owen on BT Sport saying Zaha pen win was a dive??? I recommend everyone google England v Argentina 2002 if they want to see what a dive looks like. Step forward one Michael Owen
Old 31-12-2017, 03:33 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fantastic team performance.
Pleased for Hennessey, great game.
TFM had a great game, not sure why he hasn't played more.
PVA, played well, looked hungry, better than Schlupp.
Tomkins and Kelly, played well together, fairly solid.
Reidwald looked class, broke play up and comfortable on the ball.
Luka done what Luka does, broke play up, the odd cynical trip.
Cabaye, carrying a knock, needs to be rested and let him heal, vital player.
Zaha, frustrating day, Walker played him well, still going down to easy when he could make more when staying up. Still by far our most dangerous player and biggest asset.
Townsend, his work rate is second to none, feel he's running on empty a bit and could do with a rest. Not much productivity coming from him.
Benteke, needs to improve his anticipation, needs competition.

Great point today, Roy Hodgson is doing a great job.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Luka cannot pass to a Palace player. He really was the weak link in the middle.

Fosu-Mensah was awesome.
That's strange, he hardly misplaced a pass today

Overall good performances all round including the much-maligned Kelly, Hennessey (surprised even me, I was thinking Speroni would be the beter bet for this game, but WH's kicking worked in our favour) TFM and Riedewald ...the latter gave the midfield so much more balance than RLC (Not sure if RLC was rested or picked up an injury...but his defensive defencies could have cost us today).

We had some decent chances to score...I'm not going to give Townsend too much stick for missing his chance when his defensive side is worth so much. Zaha was certainly a threat...getting tired of certain pundits trying to get him banned for diving. Beneteke worked hard both in the air and on the ground, was so much better than against Arsenal

And a big well done to Roy

Last edited by Green Bin; 31-12-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
He was great but how do you get a pop in at ward here?

Ward was arguably motm for the three games before he was injured! (I gave him 2 of the 3 but he was excellent)

Ward would start most games ahead of TFM as he’s the better defender now. TFM would now keep his place as he deserves too after that performance but he’s still developing and ward is still the better defender. TFM has the potential to be a better defender but we’re in a relegation fight and TFM isn’t our player.
I’m getting a pop in at the fools who have told us Ward is better. He isn’t. Defensively & going forward, TFM is superior.

& so what if he isn’t our player? Shall we drop Loftus-Cheek & play Mutch?

Last edited by gilesy14; 31-12-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:35 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy got the tactics pretty much spot on - Hennessey in for Speroni was geared towards the long kicking (which resulted in a couple of half chances), but Wayne did well in his all round game today. Neither are the answer long term, of course.

TFM was outstanding, Kelly showed what he has to offer as a centre back alongside the imperious Tomkins, and PVA looked like the player he did under Sam last year. Jairo is definitely a defensive midfielder, not a defender and did a very solid job after very little game time.

I might be alone, but I thought Benteke really did put a shift in today.

Gutted not to get the win because frankly we should have, but it's a wonderful, beautiful point against the champions elect. The Townsend miss (I think concentration, alongside a willingness to play the early ball in, might be the major reason he's not a top, top winger), was poor, and the penalty was a sickener but, for me, it doesn't take away from a fantastic performance against the best side in the country. Hard to mark anyone below an 8 (Punch for his leg-breaker tackle aside).
Old 31-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I am still coming to terms with feeling disappointed that we didn't take the 3 points against the best team in the country with a record for them at stake. How weird is that after this season of so many lows so far. It was a wonderful point, it could so easily have been 3 but a point today is better than anyone else has done against these for a long while. Brilliant.

I freely admit I would have walked away from this match to protect a point or more on Tuesday believing that we couldn't do this today. I am so glad I was wrong but I am really nervous that we will lose Wilf to suspension and be without up to 8 players for Tuesday's match and it will hurt is and help Southampton. But they were heroes today. Some of them unlikely heroes for many I guess.

Hennessey - 8 - played very well. Held a powerful deflected shot, cleared his lines with a good punch, made a couple of point blank blocks by spreading himself wide but critically he kicked the ball far further than of late that allowed us to at least get out of our half. Gets a lot of stick but deserves credit for a good performance today.

Fosu-Mensah - 8.5 - Sane is a nightmare to play against but Timbo handled him well. It wasn't perfect but it was as good a performance as we have seen this season at RB. I still think it's barmy but fear that will be his last performance as I bet we send him back and end up with some no-hoper on loan instead and apparently pay a £1m to send him back. Stupid is an understatement. Top player and prospect.

Tomkins - 7.5 - steady away and has really settled so well now. Looks like he feels like a senior player instead of another 'option'.

Dann - 6 - started well enough but at 20 mins he responded sluggishly to Benteke's mistake and didn't get across his man but instead brought him down clumsily. In the tangled legs he has obviously done himself more damage and it doesn't look like a short term injury to me. Leaves us in a mess.

PVA - 7 - probably his best game for us. Some very good play but dotted with odd mistakes and decisions. Hopefully it was enough to encourage someone to make the big money bid because he is one of the few players I would be happy to let go that might get serious cash in. He did more than OK for us today though.

Townsend - 7 - yet another seriously heavy shift from Andros. Easy to underestimate how much work he does I think. A woeful miss when a bit of composure could have seen him add to last week's corker.

Cabaye - 8 - makes such a difference when he is on the pitch and whenever he goes off we lose the edge in midfield. Glad he got to wear the Captain's armband. He leads by example and I just hope we are keeping him.

Luka - 7 - great ball winning, poor passing and he missed a penalty evens it out unfortunately. He looked wrecked after an hour but never gives up but it makes him clumsier the longer the game goes on. Just wich he had picked a corner and hammered it as he does but hey ho.

Riedewald - 8 - mature performance from the youngster against the best opposition. Played one or two excellent passes and thinks very quickly. Shouldn't get carried away with this but deserves a pat on the back. Needs to be fit for Tuesday.

Zaha - 8 - Ridiculous on the ball at times and making top players look like kids in the playground that can't get it off the teacher. He won the penalty and I think will pay the price for that without the rewards of a goal. He went down to easily and in my view it wasn't a pen. I am not sure it was a blatant dive and it depends on how they translate 'going down more easily than needed' - if that is diving then he will get suspended for 2 games. I am hoping they just call it as 'no pen, but not a clear cut dive'. The way he beat players will surely trigger a bid from somewhere. Stay strong Steve P.

Benteke - 7 .5 - I thought he put in a better performance than of late outside the box but he really has to start scoring some of these chances. He had 2 opportunities from corners with the last being unchallenged but he doesn't seem to connect or direct it at all well. Outside the box he is difficult to beat. Does he ever practice heading it at goal? Or are we so crap at crossing it that no one can get it on his head in training? He had chances today.

Kelly - 7.5 - never pretty to watch but gutsy and determined after a shaky start. Expect he will have to start unless Roy takes a chance on Damo which will be a mistake against Long I think.

Punch - 6 - nothing is going his way right now is it. Tough. On balance I would have said a yellow card was the right call for that tackle but I would have given an orange if it existed.

Hodgson - Happy New Year Roy. Remarkable performance and credit to you for having the team play far higher for the first half. It worked and sitting deep for 90 mins would have been suicide. Unlucky not to take the 3 points.

This is so Palace.

Last edited by Martin H; 31-12-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:38 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I’m getting a pop in at the fools who have told us Ward is better. He isn’t. Defensively & going forward, TFM is superior.

& so what he isn’t or player? Shall we drop Loftus-Cheek & play Mutch?
Fosu Mensah was great today.

However in previous games he has not been. Remember he ducked Richarlison's cross for Watford's goal.

Ward has been great this season.

Be thankful we have them both!
Old 31-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am still coming to terms with feeling disappointed that we didn't take the 3 points against the best team in the country with a record for them at stake. How weird is that after this season of so many lows so far. It was a wonderful point, it could so easily have been 3 but a point today is better than anyone else has done against these for a long while. Brilliant.

I freely admit I would have walked away from this match to protect a point or more on Tuesday believing that we couldn't do this today. I am so glad I was wrong but I am really nervous that we will lose Wilf to suspension and be without up to 8 players for Tuesday's match and it will hurt is and help Southampton. But they were heroes today. Some of them unlikely heroes for many I guess.

Hennessey - 8 - played very well. Held a powerful deflected shot, cleared his lines with a good punch, made a couple of point blank blocks by spreading himself wide but critically he kicked the ball far further than of late that allowed us to at least get out of our half. Gets a lot of stick but deserves credit for a good performance today.

Fosu-Mensah - 8.5 - Sane is a nightmare to play against but Timbo handled him well. It wasn't perfect but it was as good a performance as we have seen this season at RB. I still think it's barmy but fear that will be his last performance as I bet we send him back and end up with some no-hoper on loan instead and apparently pay a £1m to send him back. Stupid is an understatement. Top player and prospect.

Tomkins - 7.5 - steady away and has really settled so well now. Looks like he feels like a senior player instead of another 'option'.

Dann - 6 - started well enough but at 20 mins he responded sluggishly to Benteke's mistake and didn't get across his man but instead brought him down clumsily. In the tangled legs he has obviously done himself more damage and it doesn't look like a short term injury to me. Leaves us in a mess.

PVA - 7 - probably his best game for us. Some very good play but dotted with odd mistakes and decisions. Hopefully it was enough to encourage someone to make the big money bid because he is one of the few players I would be happy to let go that might get serious cash in. He did more than OK for us today though.

Townsend - 7 - yet another seriously heavy shift from Andros. Easy to underestimate how much work he does I think. A woeful miss when a bit of composure could have seen him add to last week's corker.

Cabaye - 8 - makes such a difference when he is on the pitch and whenever he goes off we lose the edge in midfield. Glad he got to wear the Captain's armband. He leads by example and I just hope we are keeping him.

Luka - 7 - great ball winning, poor passing and he missed a penalty evens it out unfortunately. He looked wrecked after an hour but never gives up but it makes him clumsier the longer the game goes on. Just wich he had picked a corner and hammered it as he does but hey ho.

Riedewald - 8 - mature performance from the youngster against the best opposition. Played one or two excellent passes and thinks very quickly. Shouldn't get carried away with this but deserves a pat on the back. Needs to be fit for Tuesday.

Zaha - 8 - Ridiculous on the ball at times and making top players look like kids in the playground that can't get it off the teacher. He won the penalty and I think will pay the price for that without the rewards of a goal. He went down to easily and in my view it wasn't a pen. I am not sure it was a blatant dive and it depends on how they translate 'going down more easily than needed' - if that is diving then he will get suspended for 2 games. I am hoping they just call it as 'no pen, but not a clear cut dive'. The way he beat players will surely trigger a bid from somewhere. Stay strong Steve P.

Kelly - 7.5 - never pretty to watch but gutsy and determined after a shaky start. Expect he will have to start unless Roy takes a chance on Damo which will be a mistake against Long I think.

Punch - 6 - nothing is going his way right now is it. Tough. On balance I would have said a yellow card was the right call for that tackle but I would have given an orange if it existed.

Hodgson - Happy New Year Roy. Remarkable performance and credit to you for having the team play far higher for the first half. It worked and sitting deep for 90 mins would have been suicide. Unlucky not to take the 3 points.

This is so Palace.
Not a bad result with no centre forward playing ...
Old 31-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
Michael Owen on BT Sport saying Zaha pen win was a dive??? I recommend everyone google England v Argentina 2002 if they want to see what a dive looks like. Step forward one Michael Owen
There's something that doesn't sit right with that Gowing Law advert he does too...

"Nobody wants to be injured at Christmas time and I used to be "injured" at Christmas a lot."

Sounds to me like someone didn't want to play at Christmas time rather than being genuinely injured.

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Regarding Benteke - he's not scoring goals at the moment but he's been about 1 in 2 in the PL for a long time so we need to be patient. As for whether he runs around enough - some people don't understand Strikers.

Our squad is better than I thought - perhaps Parish was right when he said we had a load of talent (or some such comment).

A good performance from Hennessey. If we're relegated our keepers won't be the reason. We could perhaps do with a non UK loan as a back up and address it properly in the summer. Creativity in midfield and another forward are the key areas.

TFM was very good in this game, he should have started against Arsenal and should start against Southampton, but Ward has been good for five years.

What is Ridewalds best position? It would be good to see what we have with him.

This was a performance full of character - and teams like this don't get relegated - but whether or not it was a success depends upon how the likes of Zaha, Cabaye and whomever plays alongside Tomkins (Kelly) perform against Southampton.

I do hope Puncheon touched the ball when he assulted De Bruyne.

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxthorncutter View Post
He's one of the best passers in our team you joker.
Bollox, watch the game.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Not a bad result with no centre forward playing ...
oops - will add that
Old 31-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Great performance, rode our luck at times but deserved that for being brave enough to have a go at them.

I think Wilf might be in trouble for the penalty though, I normally spend 90 minutes raging at all the blatant free-kicks he doesn't get, but he went down very easily there.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:44 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Forgot to mention Hennessey in my post.

Only fair I give him some praise, as I am far from his biggest fan.

A very assured and confident performance from him today. Looked like a proper top class GK should.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:45 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Riedewald was excellent both defensively and keeping possession and picking the right pass.

Dunno why we haven't seen more of him. But one of the very big positives from the match.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:46 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Great performance, rode our luck at times but deserved that for being brave enough to have a go at them.

I think Wilf might be in trouble for the penalty though, I normally spend 90 minutes raging at all the blatant free-kicks he doesn't get, but he went down very easily there.
Nah, a mirror of the foul by Wilf on Sterling just outside of our penalty area seconds earlier.