Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Police forces in 70's and early 80's

I was reminded by a friend of an incident at Gillingham in about 1975? The palace fans were a little boisterous in arriving at the ground although there were few obvious home fans as we arrived at the gates.

The kent constabulary were, however very evident and indeed enthusiastic and "asked" visiting fans wearing boots (about 50%) to remove their laces.

This was rather successful in subduing the "atmosphere"

This got us discussing other novel police tactics and there are 2 I recall vividly

Liverpool away cup match - more traditional but immediately successful - cavalry charge before game to steer charging scousers away from palace fans de-busing and later use of large steel tipped batons

Palace at home v spurs large disturbance apparently prevented by deployment of several attractive female officers amidst the growing disorder resulted in immediate local quieting. Although disturbances elsewhere were common

Any one recall other tactics
Old 02-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember Coventry away about 1971 or 72 freezing cold and all Doc Martens type boots had to be removed in order to get in. I spent the game jumping up and down to keep warm and bricking it all game as I was sure the cops would make sure the boots disappeared but thankfully that didn’t happen.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:00 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsleftpeg View Post
I remember Coventry away about 1971 or 72 freezing cold and all Doc Martens type boots had to be removed in order to get in. I spent the game jumping up and down to keep warm and bricking it all game as I was sure the cops would make sure the boots disappeared but thankfully that didn’t happen.
thats the worst
Old 02-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Remember going to 2 of the 3 matches at the Priestfield in the 74/75, 75/76, 76/77 seasons. Two of them were late December - the 1st and the last of those seasons - and the 2nd was in April. Taking people's boots away in the depths of winter was a neat but cruel idea. (I don't remember that happening but do remember the local difficulties at the station after the match in April 76 took an age to get back to civilisation.)
Old 02-01-2018, 06:54 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
As a fifteen year old I remember some fat twat of a copper asking me if my boots were steel toe capped. Being a lairy twat I made some smart arse comment like ' do they look like it' .He then stamped on the front and said "no , but best make sure " .