Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Now KOW attempting to say it was all the fault of the Police

Pathetic
Old 03-01-2018, 06:50 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Now KOW attempting to say it was all the fault of the Police

Pathetic
If that's what you took from that the problem is in your own head.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
KoW I do not see how you feel that Sinclair should remain in Kick it Out. If you are going to be speaking up against racism you need to be whiter than white.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I think it'd be neigh on impossible to find a person who holds no kind of biases or preconceived notions of others based on race and thus to a degree, everybody is racist.

You'll see this in different levels and it's important to differentiate between more harmful and more benign types of racism. However, whether the racism is harmful or benign, that doesn't change the matter of it being racism or racially aggravated abuse in this instance.

If you begin to pull the scenario, in this instance apart, it appears that Sinclair has assumed that the Police offer was racially profiling him and then taken grievance with this and responded by calling him a "White ****".

That's clearly a racially aggravated abuse, however, reading between the lines of the situation, I very much suspect what has happened is that Sinclair has mouthed off to the Police and in line with the charges dropped, the Police officer has done what Police do and added charge after charge after charge to the rap sheet, most of which, cannot be substantiated.

Did the policemen in this instance feel that he had experienced racism? I cannot say for certain, Did the policemen get annoyed that he was accused of racism and then decide to get his own back once Sinclair went on his tirade? That would seem more likely.

When it's said that reverse racism doesn't exist, it's a very narrow way of explaining something quite complex.

An individual can hold prejudices, as Sinclair seems to have suggested he may do here in regards to assuming the police are racist.

However in a broader sense, there isn't the cultural power for black people in this country to exercise racism towards white people on any kind of systematic scale.

Sinclair was rightfully charged with racially aggregated abuse but it's a farce to start calling for him to be removed from kick it out and largely it's done by people who consciously or unconsciously wish that anti-racism movements would go away because they don't like being made to feel bad for making racially insensitive jokes.

However, in British society, being a certain way is what gets you on and is heralded.

You have to wear a suit, you have to style you hair, you have to speak in a received pronunciation, you have to have gone to the right school, have partied at the right places, know the right people and whilst this continues it systematically creates a culture where the majority of people in power are white men, because traditionally that's who has been running these institutions.

You'll get working class people, women and people of colour and disabled people and other's who may not fit into this traditional mould working they way into these systems, but in order to do it, they will have to be willing to become, more like the white men who already dominate.

History and context is important and you can't just deny history.

You're all just carrying out this Trump esq, who's got the bigger dick contest without actually being willing to do the work to understand what you say you believe in.
Your post is just wrong.

You have assumed that police made up a lot of charges - there is no evidence of that. They dropped others because they had him bang to rights.

He should be dropped from KickItOut, otherwise they may as well appoint Ron Atkinson.

The police acted on a tip off. The stopped him after he caused an accident and acted according to the book.

There is absolutely no undeniable historical context here. If anything, Sinclair was using his ingrained cultural bias against the police when he said what he did. To people tasked with doing their job and taking a menace off the street.

The best thing Sinclair could do is publicly apologise for his behaviour, his unfounded and inappropriate use of language, and everyone can move on.

He certainly doesnt need people and posts like yours muddying the waters.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:01 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
KoW I do not see how you feel that Sinclair should remain in Kick it Out. If you are going to be speaking up against racism you need to be whiter than white.
Well done.

He certainly has a black mark against his character.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
PauLo > KoW

Just

By a knats swingers
On who is coming across as the biggest twat on this thread?

They must be absolutely seething on their keyboards. They should just walk away, but they just have to tie themself in knots on this one.

KoW is desperately flipping through all the great speeches by acclaimed civil rights activist having tossed his useless A Level sociology crib cards into the corner.

Last edited by PeterH; 03-01-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Now that is seriously racist!
Old 03-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
I meant, I don't think this incident should be used to discredit kick it out in general. Thinking about it a bit more, you are right that his position is likely untenable.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I meant, I don't think this incident should be used to discredit kick it out in general. Thinking about it a bit more, you are right that his position is likely untenable.
Indeed. In two sentences you have redeemed yourself.

Kick It Out is a valuable organisation that is unfortunately still needed today. They deny him having a position, but he clearly had a role to play for the cause, and his drunken behaviour has let him and the organisation down.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Your post is just wrong.

You have assumed that police made up a lot of charges - there is no evidence of that. They dropped others because they had him bang to rights.

He should be dropped from KickItOut, otherwise they may as well appoint Ron Atkinson.

The police acted on a tip off. The stopped him after he caused an accident and acted according to the book.

There is absolutely no undeniable historical context here. If anything, Sinclair was using his ingrained cultural bias against the police when he said what he did. To people tasked with doing their job and taking a menace off the street.

The best thing Sinclair could do is publicly apologise for his behaviour, his unfounded and inappropriate use of language, and everyone can move on.

He certainly doesnt need people and posts like yours muddying the waters.

I think I've been unclear. There isn't a defence of what Sinclair did or what Sinclair said, as I previously posted that isn't defensible.

I was then talking about wider racism and the response from posters in this thread, calling for kick it out to be disbanded.

I tried to explore what people found objectionable in his comments beyond the obvious and show that in a wider context, the idea of reverse racism doesn't work but in this context it clearly is.

If he's so banged to rights, why drop other charges? what difference does it make to the enforcement of the law?

I'm not blaming the police officer, it's obviously nobody's fault but Sinclair's.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:13 PM

It's difficult to talk about this concisely because the individual issue is very cut and dry but the wider context is a lot murkier but they can't be divorced from each other.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
PauLo > KoW

Just

By a knats swingers
Both s imo.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
PauLo > KoW

Just

By a knats swingers
I love 'em both.... they brighten my day
Old 03-01-2018, 07:16 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Didn't Paul Elliot get thrown out of Kick It Out for something similar ?
Old 03-01-2018, 07:17 PM

Old 03-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
^Banta Claus
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Bet the Daily Mail are loving this
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
hung by your own petard .
Aren't you a decorated war hero?
Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 PM
Blighs Lane

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
TBF. I am surprised the defence lawyer didnt say he was being held in inhumane conditions, asked to use the toilet and was denied.

Play that card.
Maybe they only had "Whites Only" toilets.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Blighs Lane

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Proves this Kick racism out campaign is pointless.. any one can walk around with a t shirt on saying this and saying that
Personally, I think its virtue signalling on a grand scale by the football authorities, deep down I doubt anyone gives shyte about naming calling either way unless they can get some mileage out of it.