Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Trust me first half we were all moaning in the ground...
No we weren't.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:02 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
In answer to the original posters question.
The same place all the positive posters went to after our first 7 games.
As a soundbite sounds good but simply not true.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:03 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When I watched the match on both MOTD and on Sky choice I was expecting to see an appalling first half from all the postings. Didnít look half as bad as people seemed to be making out.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:08 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Everything is still shlt.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:09 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mags View Post
When I watched the match on both MOTD and on Sky choice I was expecting to see an appalling first half from all the postings. Didnít look half as bad as people seemed to be making out.
Don't be surprised.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:23 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
No we weren't.
after that first half ...
Old 03-01-2018, 12:31 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Maybe they are on their way home from Southampton !
Exactly this. A lot of the moans earlier this season - me included - were about how desperately thin our squad is and the shambles during the summer. No way should this team have been in the mess we were.

We have done amazingly well to get back in touch (and more) but injuries to Wilf and/or Tomkins and we are in deep shit again.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:39 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Funny isn't it? I know most of us like a moan sometimes but it's strange how the relentlessly, negative posters simply vanish when things are going well.
Well we're playing much better so that sort of answers your question. You get people moan when negative shit is happening at the club? So you must also get why when things are positive there's nothing to be negative about??
Old 03-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
Names, we need names.
DANNY BOY
PENSTONE EAGLE

Twats.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:49 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Darts
Old 03-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was one of the moaners in first half. It was shit. I stand by that.

But they dug deep, Roy made some good subs and we got a cracking result.. now I couldnít give a shit how shit we were in first half!!!
That's because a game is over 90 minutes not 10
Old 03-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Iím sure heís as happy as anyone that weíve won tonight
No he disappeared from the thread when the equaliser went in
Old 03-01-2018, 01:01 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Trust me first half we were all moaning in the ground..everyone is happy this morning..great fighting performance from the boys second half.
You lost me at "Trust me".
Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
It does get abit relentless when following the game on here. My own view is that yeah its fair to have a moan when doing poorly but dfrome some of those I rarely see the other side of the coin. Sometimes we are going to be second best or have an offday our players are humans not machines and Im perhaps naive but Im sure they dont try to perform badly. We had conditions, tiredness and enforced changes to contend with yesterday and we didnt get going for a while. Its futile to be shooting from the hip at these times. We should all try to be a bit more glass half-full rather than almost empty. Be proud that this team is standing up to be counted now. I liked in the City game how we stood and faced several freekicks from Debruyne and as each one hit the wall all our players were facing forward and hadnt flinched. Moan about giving up freekicks if you like but praise when we successfully defend them. West Brom had a player who ducked and the ball hit the net. Moan about chances missed ,yes, but credit the people who made those chances. Make it more fun for everyone not at at the game. Its not that difficult

I too have an ignore list because I just get tired of the worst of them
Old 03-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
We had every right to be upset with the first half display yesterday. I know they seemed exhausted emotionally and physically but with a couple of changes in the second half, they managed to dig deep and become the team that wanted it more. I think I was more upset with the scheduling than the players in the first half. Let's face it, four unexpected points and almost six in a huge upset. Lukas goal made up for the two points we missed on Sunday.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
That's because a game is over 90 minutes not 10
Thanks for that... whatís that go to do with what i said?
Old 03-01-2018, 02:29 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
As a soundbite sounds good but simply not true.
Not true of some positive posters but the majority?
Old 03-01-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Thanks for that... whatís that go to do with what i said?
You moaned in the first half, but that was only half the game. You should be able to complain about problems as you see them of course, I did that, I thought that we looked knackered, but so many on here wrote us off after Long's first effort. I didn't, 1 nil down and I knew we were still in the game, they weren't actually troubling us and despite the moaning about how all was lost we were attacking them. It was really ******* annoying, negative and just plain shit support.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
You moaned in the first half, but that was only half the game. You should be able to complain about problems as you see them of course, I did that, I thought that we looked knackered, but so many on here wrote us off after Long's first effort. I didn't, 1 nil down and I knew we were still in the game, they weren't actually troubling us and despite the moaning about how all was lost we were attacking them. It was really ******* annoying, negative and just plain shit support.
Mate.. people posting on a board aren’t at the game.. it’s venting frustrations.. chill out. The ‘shit’ support you mention isn’t being felt by the players on the pitch from the bbs unless they are logging in at half time to see what advice they can get from maestro

Just because people vent different to you doesn’t make you any better especially on a bloody forum..

And yes I moaned like a bitch in first half because it was poor.. i was commenting on what I was seeing and voicing my opinion... sorry if that upsets you petal. And I was wrong.. happy days!

Last edited by Thefunkymonk; 03-01-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:41 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
I get that we are desperate for us to win and play Well I get frustrated at times but reading some of the posts early on I thought some of the players were in need of oxygen and danger of collapsing. Reading them gets me more nervous especially when I am not able to watch the game.

Indeed. I skipped the pub and skipped the task of trying to find a stream. Thus, like you, I was going on BBS postings. Judging by the first 25 minutes of posts, we were dead on our feet, Southampton were two yards faster and fitter, the pitch was heavy with specially long grass, Southampton were switching it al over the pitch, and a 3 or 4 nil battering was inevitable.

It wasnt until half time that someone mentioned the wind direction.

I will add a cavaet. I think people on the BBS and seemingly at the game were tired of seemingly seeing the same old Palace. This is the Palace that raise their game against the big boys, and then go the utter opposite against teams we need to beat. It looked like point earned against Man City was going to count for nothing by giving a dreadful Southampton side 3 easy points. Time and time again.

That is why people were having kittens.