Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Luka, Tomkins, Wilf, Cabaye, Townsend and dare i say it Benteke all need a break.

If Ward is back then a back 4 of Ward-TFM-Kelly-Souare isnt that bad
Midfield 4 of RLC-Ridewald-McAthur-PVA
Forwards - Sako - KaiKai
Old 03-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita and Amadou straight in at the deep end. Tell them both that this is the biggest derby in English football and that they must be prepared to lay down their lives.

Sorted.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
..............Speroni
Phillips-Kelly-Delaney-Souare
Kai Kai-Mutch-Riedewald-Lee
.........Lumeka-Sako

Bench
Hennessey
Ward-if fit
PVA
Loftus-Cheek-if fit
Wan-Bissaka
McArthur
And one of Dreher, Kirby or Flanagan.

Couldn't give two hoots about this. Freshen up the lads, give a run out to some kids and fringe players and let Roy see what we've got moving forward. The last thing we need is more injuries or a red card. This will be a really tough and physical game so for me its time to see whether any of these guys are up to whats required.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:43 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Cannot rest Wilf for a game against Brighton
Yes you can, particularly for a cup game which most people seem to have lost a lot of interest in. Roy will do the right thing and if that means resting Wilf he will. And he'll be right to.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:45 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy basically said after the match that some players after 11 games need a recharge which is sensible
Our squad has enough for the cup game
CPFC
Old 03-01-2018, 01:45 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Tomkins and Zaha far too valuable to risk in Cup, especially as Sakho and Dann injured and Brighton will target Zaha for rough treatment.
Your last point is particulalry relevant. How would we feel if Wilf came out of this game crocked? He certainly shouldn't play just because it's against the Weed.

Roy's far too smart to do that anyway.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Sacrilege i know........ .but i do not care about result on monday. Lose and it reduces fixtures. Win and we get a bit more money. Id happily take a loss in ecchange for 3 points at selhust later in year
Edit: now noted I am not alone with those thoughts
Old 03-01-2018, 02:04 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
speroni

obi wan bassaka
mensah
delaney
souare

jairo

sako
lee
van anholt

ladapo
kai kai or lumeka

strong bench for last 20 minutes...............
Old 03-01-2018, 02:06 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton are 3 points away from the relegation positions. As the season progresses the squads with less depth begin to struggle - typically those of promoted teams. If we play Wilf we present them with a chance to take out our most valuable player - no other PL team is so dependent upon a single player - and they can do so without risking one of their own first team players or potentially sacrificing 3 valuable points. Imagine some U21 Brighton player becoming a cult hero for breaking Wilfs leg. Do our relegation rivals realise that they can fill one of the bottom three spots with just a single nasty challenge ala Huddersfield in the first game of the season?

6 Games without Wilf = 0 points/game (3 of these with FDB)
16 Games with Wilf = 1.4 points/game (15 of these with Roy)

Play Sako - tell him to earn a PL spot. Start Benteke, he needs a goal. Play RLC, he's suppose to be an England international now. I bet Kaikai would like to play against Brighton. Don't play Wilf or Tomkins. Don't play Cabaye - the guy puts in a shift and is absolutely knackered. We should be able to put out a strong team without being stupid.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Fertile

bloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would be nice to see Souare start, he can whip them in to Benteke
Old 03-01-2018, 02:15 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Sacrilege i know........ .but i do not care about result on monday. Lose and it reduces fixtures. Win and we get a bit more money. Id happily take a loss in ecchange for 3 points at selhust later in year
Edit: now noted I am not alone with those thoughts
I care about the result. I want a draw and a replay at Selhurst. If I can't have that then any win down there will do.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:15 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don’t mind if Jairo comes in and maybe Sakho like Roy said in presser but that is it. This game is what it’s all about. Also lose it and confidence could drop in squad..which would set up up bad for Burnley.

2 3 changes max. Plus Wilf has to be on bench at least.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:16 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
------------------------Hennessey------------------------

Fosu-Mensah-------Kelly-------Delaney-------Schlupp

Townsend---Milivojević---Riedewald---Loftus-Cheek

---------------Benteke-------------Sako---------------

Replace Fosu-Mensah with Ward if he can 60+ minutes. Benteke needs minutes for goals. Sako deserves a shout. Wilf on the bench and replace Loftus-Cheek with Kaikai if not fit.

Rest Tomkins for the love of God, we do not want anything happening to him right now until new CB's are signed.
You got that right
Old 03-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Unoffical Palace Druid

Andy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yup even though its the weed play the reserves.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Playing the reserves also sends the message to Brighton that they mean absolutely nothing to us. Along with a rested team, that's a "win-win" for us.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Literally donít care. Hopefully the youth team
Old 03-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Those saying they don't care are nuts, its Brighton FFS!

Plenty of rest now, Wilf and Benteke have to start, rest Tomkins and Yohan but play the rest
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My team assuming fit and no new arrivals

Speroni
TFM, Kelly, Delaney, Souare
Townsend, RLC, Riedewald, PVA
Kai Kai, Sako

Bench something like: Hennessey, Tomkins, Schlupp, McArthur, Luka, Zaha, Benteke
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Those saying they don't care are nuts, its Brighton FFS!

Plenty of rest now, Wilf and Benteke have to start, rest Tomkins and Yohan but play the rest
They are an irrelevant club. My interest arenít in them.. itís in us, and our future in this league
Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Bizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for youBizarro is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
This is an interesting conundrum, as it is so important to win against Brighton for all concerned but our priorities lay elsewhere. Changes will be needed to rest weary players, also we need to be aware and not rush back players like Ward and Souare if not fully recovered.
I would be tempted to start with.

.................................................S peroni............................................ .............

...........TFM................Kelly.............De laney...............Schlupp......................

............KaiKai................McArthur........ ....Rielewald.............Lee..................... ....

.............................Benteke.............. ..Sako............................................
That's not a bad shout, strong enough to win, and resting some key players.