Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leitch View Post
I'd play Benteke. He needs to start scoring goals - so this is essentially a free hit to try and do that and boost his confidence without any consequence if he doesn't.
this
Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
-----------------Hennessey-----------------
TFM-------Kelly---------Delaney--- Souare
-----------Mcarthur-----Jairo----------------
Zaha------------------------------------PVA
-----------Benteke-------Sako--------------

I would give Wilf 45 mins and replace him with Chungy. I would rest Benteke as well but we don't have anyone else.

That team should have enough to give them a game. If Ward is fit I would play him RB and move TFM to CB with Kelly as i'm not sure Delaney is good enough for even a one off appearance anymore.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:45 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Not only do we not want wilf getting injured we really should use this as a game to practice without him! If we lose him we are in the shit so let’s use this as competitive practice without!

—————————-jules—————————
Ward———-kelly———-delaney——-schlupp
Lee————--Jimmy—-ridewald———-pva
———————————RLC————————
————————Sako——————————

Reasonably strong without risking the real key, get injured and we’re down players ie.. wilf, benteke, Tomkins, cabaye, Townsend and Luka
Old 03-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I care about the result. I want a draw and a replay at Selhurst. If I can't have that then any win down there will do.
I also care about the result but think the juniors can beat them
Old 03-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Speroni in goal. Nothing against Hennessey, I think they are as good/bad as each other, but Speroni will unite the support behind the goal a bit more than Hennessey I reckon.

Brighton's support will arguably be pretty decent, despite the lower numbers. The fans in attendance are the ones who want to be there - remember the Butterfield hattrick game v Wolves at Selhurst? - so a tight away end support would be good to counteract them.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I don't envy Roy with this selection. I hope we field as strong a team as we can but resting any players that are still carrying knocks and/or shattted from Christmas. I'd definitely give Cabaye and Luka a week off. Give Riedewald another start. I wouldn't play Tomkins either as it's imperative that he stays fit. And probably Townsend needs a break as he's played all games this season, I think.

Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Delaney
PvA
Townsend
Riedewald
McArthur
RLC
Sako
Wilf

Subs
Hennessey, Schlupp, Tomkins, TFM, Townsend, kaikai, Benteke
Old 03-01-2018, 03:10 PM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Speroni/Hennessey (doesn’t matter)
TFM
Souare
Delaney
Kelly
Riedewald
RLC
Chungy
Kaikai
Sako
Benteke

Give Townsend, Luka, Zaha, Cabaye, Schlupp, Tomkins, McArthur a break.
Will be a week and a half between games.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
They are an irrelevant club. My interest aren’t in them.. it’s in us, and our future in this league
Football is about winning, about beating your rivals, about winning things.. I would take a cup final win whilst knocking out our rivals ahead of survival
Old 03-01-2018, 03:16 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mix of first team and reserves, not actually dissimilar to the Man City game.

Speroni

TFM ------- Kelly ---------- Tomkins -------- Souare

McArthur -------- Luka --------- Riedewald -------- PVA

Sako ------- Benteke

Subs: Hennessey, Delaney, Cabaye, RLC, Zaha, CYL, Kaikai

Keep it tight, bring Wilf and RLC on against tired legs to win it.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post

This is brighton fa cup 3rd round, playing a weak team and losing isn't an option
100%
Old 03-01-2018, 03:19 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I want us to beat them but we need to rest/protect Wilf, Tomkins, Cabaye, Luka and to a lesser extent; benteke & townsend.

The likes of Sako, RLC, jimmy, PVA, Jairo, chungy should lead the team into this one.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:24 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Hennessey
TFM Kelly Delaney PVA
RLC Jimmy Riedewald
Sako Benteke Zaha

Benteke needs goals and let’s be honest he doesn’t exactly run himself in to the ground. Zaha always takes the piss out of this lot and just winds the fans up by being there. Sako deserves minutes. Tomkins we need to protect same with Luka and Cabaye. If Ward is fit I’d play him over TFM.

Play as strong as team as possible. It’s Brighton and I wanna see us win a ******* trophy
Old 03-01-2018, 03:40 PM

little wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollie
This lot will kick lumps out of Wilf and he is just too important to give them the opportunity to derail our league campaign.

I'd rest some but allow others to keep the winning mentality going and give players like Riedewald another chance to stake a claim as he was so impressive against City. Also a chance to get players like Wardy and Ruben back up to speed.

I'd go with:

Hennessey
Ward - Delaney - Kelly - PvA
McArthur - Riedewald
Townsend - Ruben - Schlupp
Sako
Old 03-01-2018, 03:41 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Football is about winning, about beating your rivals, about winning things.. I would take a cup final win whilst knocking out our rivals ahead of survival
Shortsighted view my friend.

I’d rather smash then at selhurst to confirm their relegation

Just listened to Roy’s post saints interview.. he said he will rest players it’s not going to be a full strength team but e did say he want to give game time to Sako, pva and reidewald so it won’t be too bad at all
Old 03-01-2018, 03:42 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennesey
Ward TFM Delaney Souare

RLC Macca Reidwald Lee Sako

Benteke

cant really risk any starters for this game
Old 03-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don’t want to see Wilf anywhere near the Amex for this game

FFS MURRAY!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
Don’t want to see Wilf anywhere near the Amex for this game
I do, we win when he plays. I want to beat Brighton, cup or league, I want to beat them.

Anyone saying that they don't want a cup-run presumably wouldn't try to get tickets to a semi-final or final if we got there again?

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:21 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
I do, we win when he plays. I want to beat Brighton, cup or league, I want to beat them.

Anyone saying that they don't want a cup-run presumably wouldn't try to get tickets to a semi-final or final if we got there again?
That’s just silly logic isn’t it. Every person would love to see us win a cup. Unfortunately our league position and injuries dictate that we prioritise the Burnley game.. which is what roy has said.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:22 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would give a go to some of the players who have been less used by Roy/coming back from injury so that he can see how they stack up.

----------Speroni
----TFM Kelly Delaney Souare
-----McArthur Riedewald
--Kaikai -----RLC ---------PVA
--------------Sako

Bench:
Hennessey, Tomkins, Schlupp, CYL, Luka, Benteke, Wilf
Old 03-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
That’s just silly logic isn’t it. Every person would love to see us win a cup. Unfortunately our league position and injuries dictate that we prioritise the Burnley game.. which is what roy has said.
But, the squad is big enough with 1 or 2 youngsters and fringe players that we can cope. To say though that the match is worthless is ridiculous.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!