Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no doubt we MUST bring in a striker but who is the real head scratcher, as ideally he needs to be someone that can play alongside CB if Roy chooses that system, or as a lone striker if he was to used in that role.
The player that fits that profile perfectly is Andre Gray who may well be available as it appears he does not fit in with Silva's intended system, so a cheeky bid around 15m may well grab him. We know from his Burnley and Brentford days he scores loads of goals, also plays alongside a target man perfectly.
I think we need TWO strikers, One would be Gray and the other planning ahead is the big strapping CF at Preston called Hugill, and for a guy that is physically big, he is quick has good ball control and scores goals. He would be a perfect addition should there be doubts about Wickham's long term fitness or if we decide to sell Benteke in the summer, we need to plan ahead and these types would suit our style/system perfectly.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
There is no doubt we MUST bring in a striker but who is the real head scratcher, as ideally he needs to be someone that can play alongside CB if Roy chooses that system, or as a lone striker if he was to used in that role.
The player that fits that profile perfectly is Andre Gray who may well be available as it appears he does not fit in with Silva's intended system, so a cheeky bid around 15m may well grab him. We know from his Burnley and Brentford days he scores loads of goals, also plays alongside a target man perfectly.
I think we need TWO strikers, One would be Gray and the other planning ahead is the big strapping CF at Preston called Hugill, and for a guy that is physically big, he is quick has good ball control and scores goals. He would be a perfect addition should there be doubts about Wickham's long term fitness or if we decide to sell Benteke in the summer, we need to plan ahead and these types would suit our style/system perfectly.

Gray is rapid and direct but some way off PL level in terms of technical quality. Not good enough to play for a team looking to stay out of a relegation fight.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:58 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I think itíll be someone like Danny ings
Would be happy with Ings, if he wanted to move South.

My first choice though would be Theo Walcott. Some might think he'd prefer to go back to Southampton, but they are in a relegation battle with a manager who has been found out. Also, if he went there he'd play as a lone striker, which I don't think would suit him. If he came to Palace he'd have 2 ex-England wingers and a target man in Benteke to support him. Hodgson is a fan of Theo Walcott I believe.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post

Carroll's injury record is a concern but he'd be starting over Benteke now in my eyes and by all accounts West Ham have said he can go.

Imagine if we had Carroll and Benteke in the box. Do you reckon we'd be able to put any quality crosses in for them?!
Old 06-01-2018, 11:25 AM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walcott would be a sensational signing but I canít see it happening.

If we continue to play 442 it will surely be with zaha up front. I canít see us ever playing 442 with zaha and Townsend on the wings - Roys Ďmoderní 442 uses a Ďnarrowí left midfielder (rlc / macarthur) rather than a traditional winger and Townsend on the right who has amazing work rate and covers well defensively. Obviously this changes if we need to chase a game.

Therefore I think we need a striker that competes for a place with benteke/provides cover, which means someone capable of playing a hold up role - Walcott is not ideally suited to this. Similar applies to Callum Wilson, although heís a decent player and to lookman and Burke who woukd both be good signings in addition to a striker (wonít hapien as we now need a cb)

I appreciate our play has developed into a more possession based, passing game, rather than relying on the break or long ball to a big man, but we are still progressing with this more fluid style and as we are still firmly involved in a relegation scrap, itís too risky to play without this sort of striker. (As much as a front 2 of zaha and Walcott woukd be exciting)

A pragmatic approach to a new striker is needed, which means premier league experience is preferable. Itís also prudent to avoid the injury prone, which rules out the likes of Carroll (although fully fit he is a great player). Ings could be great if we are certain he is fully recovered from a bad injury (good injury record prior to this) - not a target man as such but decent in the air for a 5ft 10 player but capable of playing as lone striker and could work well with wilf. Llorente could be good short term cover but at his age Iím not sure his heat would be in it. I very much hope we donít consider the likes of ullua or long - both on a downward spiral.

I would opt for slimani - whilst he hasnít set the world on fire at Leicester I have a hunch he could suit our style, proven goal scorer at various levels and crucial premier league experience.

QUOTE=glaziers fan;14035774]Would be happy with Ings, if he wanted to move South.

My first choice though would be Theo Walcott. Some might think he'd prefer to go back to Southampton, but they are in a relegation battle with a manager who has been found out. Also, if he went there he'd play as a lone striker, which I don't think would suit him. If he came to Palace he'd have 2 ex-England wingers and a target man in Benteke to support him. Hodgson is a fan of Theo Walcott I believe.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Troy Deeney/Callum Wilson are not starters these days.. may fancy a new challenge. Would be happy with either of those - or Danny Ings, if looking for prem experience. Equally, wouldn't be upset with Niasse either.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:43 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Connor is the Benteke backup/cover for me, he's not far away from returning by all accounts and is on good money, I am not sure we can outlay even more wages on that kind of striker. I think we need someone that can stretch defences personally, Wilson would be brilliant but Andre Gray would be a good option as well, not technically brilliant but a real threat when games open up.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
We need someone who has the movement and finishing in the box that we don't currently have. When we do get on top there is little to no movement from the front 3 in and around the box to create openings. I can't see the point in buying a player that doesn't address this in some way.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:07 PM

WhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Vydra would be a good option for me. He has an excellent scoring record whereever he has been, a natural striker.
Good shout, he was on fire for watford the year we went up, but then struggled to really find his place wherever he's been. But this season by all accounts is back on form for Derby playing just off the striker. Could work well off Benteke here.

Agree with those saying Ings would be great to play alongside Benteke. His pace and work rate would work well I feel. If we could get a permanent deal I would take the injury risk.

And if by the end of the season we stay up and west brom go down would love us to go for Rondon. Just seems like an absolute bully of a striker who can offer a bit of everything. Don't think it would be possible this January though.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
We need someone who has the movement and finishing in the box that we don't currently have. When we do get on top there is little to no movement from the front 3 in and around the box to create openings. I can't see the point in buying a player that doesn't address this in some way.
Exactly. Which is why someone pacy with good movement is essential. We don't need a 3rd choice target man who can't even get on the bench when Wickham is fit. We need someone who offers us something different. Which is why Walcott or Ings would be great.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Walcott would be a sensational signing but I canít see it happening.

If we continue to play 442 it will surely be with zaha up front. I canít see us ever playing 442 with zaha and Townsend on the wings - Roys Ďmoderní 442 uses a Ďnarrowí left midfielder (rlc / macarthur) rather than a traditional winger and Townsend on the right who has amazing work rate and covers well defensively. Obviously this changes if we need to chase a game.

Therefore I think we need a striker that competes for a place with benteke/provides cover, which means someone capable of playing a hold up role - Walcott is not ideally suited to this. Similar applies to Callum Wilson, although heís a decent player and to lookman and Burke who woukd both be good signings in addition to a striker (wonít hapien as we now need a cb)

I appreciate our play has developed into a more possession based, passing game, rather than relying on the break or long ball to a big man, but we are still progressing with this more fluid style and as we are still firmly involved in a relegation scrap, itís too risky to play without this sort of striker. (As much as a front 2 of zaha and Walcott woukd be exciting)

A pragmatic approach to a new striker is needed, which means premier league experience is preferable. Itís also prudent to avoid the injury prone, which rules out the likes of Carroll (although fully fit he is a great player). Ings could be great if we are certain he is fully recovered from a bad injury (good injury record prior to this) - not a target man as such but decent in the air for a 5ft 10 player but capable of playing as lone striker and could work well with wilf. Llorente could be good short term cover but at his age Iím not sure his heat would be in it. I very much hope we donít consider the likes of ullua or long - both on a downward spiral.

I would opt for slimani - whilst he hasnít set the world on fire at Leicester I have a hunch he could suit our style, proven goal scorer at various levels and crucial premier league experience.

So, if we signed Slimani would you play him instead of Benteke? Do you think he is a better Premier League player?

I just can't see us going for another big centre forward, especially when there is no-one currently in our squad who is a fox-in-the-box with pace and movement. If you think that Zaha has the 2nd striker role nailed down then I'm happy. But I do think he could play left wing to accommodate a strike partner for Benteke; let's face it his workrate is far superior to RLC, the current incumbent in that position.

So for me, if we don't go for a pacy, nippy striker with good movement I'd go for a young winger. RLC shouldn't be playing left midfield long term. This new attacking signing should be a first teamer, not just someone to cover in case of injury. And if the right player isn't available now, no problem, let's wait until the summer.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Need to find the next Kevin Phillips (young version) obviously.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:13 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So apparently we may not even sign a striker now due to Sako's form according to this To view the link you have to Register or Login. "Bakary Sako’s improvement as a forward means there is less desperation to provide Christian Benteke with competition. Connor Wickham is also continuing his recovery from a long-term injury."
Old 07-01-2018, 08:26 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We will sign a striker. We're not that stupid. Surely.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Ben Brereten from Nottingham Forest.

Always liked him and seriously impressed tonight too!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:45 PM

hedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Yep I just suggested him on another thread, huge potential as well
Old 07-01-2018, 08:46 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:

On the basis of one game? get real, this isn't championship manager.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:23 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Exactly. Which is why someone pacy with good movement is essential. We don't need a 3rd choice target man who can't even get on the bench when Wickham is fit. We need someone who offers us something different. Which is why Walcott or Ings would be great.
concur GF
Old 07-01-2018, 09:25 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me it's either two strikers for 5-8 million each and just try and improve numbers and options, or its go and spend 15-20 and get some real quality in
Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

He looked sharp tonight but he was up against Mertesacker who with no pace really was ideal for him. At that age it is still very impressive but he has played in 20 matches and scored 3 and so won't be one to put the goals tally right this year and would be an investment for the future. I would think that pushes it to the Summer window as we have holes to fill right now.

Having said that if we are considering spending £12m plus on Niasse and others that would leave Niasse as a 3rd or 4th choice striker then we might think differently. I don't think a decision based on tonight's game would be smart though