Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
I think under Roy we’ll survive and he’s enough about him to get game time this season in the prem. we’ve got lots potentially leaving this season and any new signings we can integrate from now would be imo a sensible move. As said imo he’d at the very least make the bench.
Nothing against signing him at all, it would be great. I just think from his perspective he shouldn't rush to make his move. He will get it, there is no doubt but right now he may better playing regularly where he is and continuing to improve.

It's a bit like Alli. It was obvious to everyone that he was good enough a while before he joined a top flight club but don't think teams like ours were ever likely to have a chance to get him even though the fee wasn't huge. The player can be a bit patient and knows he will get a move to a PL side and probably one more comfortable in the PL than us. I suspect it is the same for Sessegnon at Fulham.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:08 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Nothing against signing him at all, it would be great. I just think from his perspective he shouldn't rush to make his move. He will get it, there is no doubt but right now he may better playing regularly where he is and continuing to improve.

It's a bit like Alli. It was obvious to everyone that he was good enough a while before he joined a top flight club but don't think teams like ours were ever likely to have a chance to get him even though the fee wasn't huge. The player can be a bit patient and knows he will get a move to a PL side and probably one more comfortable in the PL than us. I suspect it is the same for Sessegnon at Fulham.

Agreed 100%. More important from Madison to be playing in the first team right now. Time is on his side.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:52 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

While i agree i still think it would be worth making an early bid and there’s nothing stopping him moving on in a few seasons time.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:53 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
This is exactly the type of signing we should be going after. Sick of signing overpriced, aging mercenaries.
This all day long ^^^^^^^.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:57 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure he should be in a rush to sign for a club in a relegation battle. He has plenty of time and is playing regularly (which he probably wouldn't be at a club like ours).
Fortunately then we are not
Old 17-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
More than holding his own again.. tidy footballer.. sort of player we need
Old 17-01-2018, 09:46 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is exactly the type of signing we should be going after. Sick of signing overpriced, aging mercenaries.

How many ageing mercenaries has the club actually signed in the last year or two?
Old 17-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Isn’t he the guy that we did go for but he chose Norwich over us. Presumably because he would get games there sooner in the Championship? So we ‘did’ go for him.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:20 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Why does he remind me of Bamford. Is it the lazy stride, the emaculate hair, clearly it's not his ability, he was excellent tonight,
Old 18-01-2018, 07:39 AM
17 years for 3,250 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down lowee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o will cross the room to turn the lights down low
He has always shown up very well in the very, albeit, brief highlights on Ch 5 each week. I have been impressed, same as the lad Pritchard.
Naarwich having a clear out (Jerome also gone ?)
Old 18-01-2018, 08:05 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked good last night and destined for Premier League either now or in the summer.
Old 18-01-2018, 09:15 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
An obvious replacement for RLC if we can't make his loan permanent. Probably wouldn't need both though.

Takes a good penalty too.
Old 18-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
He has always shown up very well in the very, albeit, brief highlights on Ch 5 each week. I have been impressed, same as the lad Pritchard.
Naarwich having a clear out (Jerome also gone ?)
Could be the next implosion, major cost cutting if they don't somehow make it to the play offs, said Ed Balls recently.

As an aside a good move by Derby, Jerome a menace, won't score many but handy to have around, can they maintain their good run?
Old 18-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure he should be in a rush to sign for a club in a relegation battle. He has plenty of time and is playing regularly (which he probably wouldn't be at a club like ours).
So he is going to Man City/United, Chelsea, Tottenham or Liverpool then?

Where I am sure he would get plenty of game time
Old 18-01-2018, 10:22 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a gutter we couldn't get a deal done when we were bidding at the same time as Norwich. Big boys will be circling him now.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
So he is going to Man City/United, Chelsea, Tottenham or Liverpool then?

Where I am sure he would get plenty of game time
Maybe, yes. Alli did. Or maybe an Everton, Arsenal or Leicester? If he moves now he would probably want to move to side safe from any prospect of relegation. I'm not saying he couldn't ever come to us but I doubt he would come to us now.

He might not get regular football with us at the moment either, so is probably best continuing where he is for the moment.

I could be wrong of course but that's my view.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe, yes. Alli did. Or maybe an Everton, Arsenal or Leicester? If he moves now he would probably want to move to side safe from any prospect of relegation. I'm not saying he couldn't ever come to us but I doubt he would come to us now.

He might not get regular football with us at the moment either, so is probably best continuing where he is for the moment.

I could be wrong of course but that's my view.
I actually forgot about Arsenal in my list

In reality though, if he isn't going to get regular first team football with us I highly doubt he has a chance of going to one of those clubs - I could be wrong though. He certainly wouldn't be getting regular time with them right now!

I think we are as good a prospect as Leicester right now and Everton aren't exactly doing much better than us.

Never underestimate the lure of the Prem. Me, I think he is probably better staying where he is now, but how many footballers end up thinking that way?
Old 18-01-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I actually forgot about Arsenal in my list

In reality though, if he isn't going to get regular first team football with us I highly doubt he has a chance of going to one of those clubs - I could be wrong though. He certainly wouldn't be getting regular time with them right now!

I think we are as good a prospect as Leicester right now and Everton aren't exactly doing much better than us.

Never underestimate the lure of the Prem. Me, I think he is probably better staying where he is now, but how many footballers end up thinking that way?
There is no relegation risk for Leicester or Everton, there is for us.

Anyway, we'll see. I just think he'd be wise to stay where he is at the moment.
Old 18-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
What a gutter we couldn't get a deal done when we were bidding at the same time as Norwich. Big boys will be circling him now.
It seems we dont even try as the policy seems to be to ignore players outside the top leagues. Burnley have done well signing Championship players, yet the last one we signed was Sako 3 years ago and he was on a free.
Old 18-01-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
It seems we dont even try as the policy seems to be to ignore players outside the top leagues. Burnley have done well signing Championship players, yet the last one we signed was Sako 3 years ago and he was on a free.
This is true. However, I think you could also argue the fact we have stayed up in the Premier League for 4 consecutive years means our policy has been a success.

We have never blown huge fees on a total dud like van wolfswinkel (like Norwich did) or Cornelius (like Cardiff did).
Closed Thread