Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-01-2018, 09:09 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Powell’s goal against Sunderland in the 2004 play off semi might’ve been disallowed.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
The Wednesday forward who pulled Butterfield back and went on to score in the 2-2 at Hillsborough.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:12 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ll try another... foul on the Sunderland keeper (Shipps?) before Darren Powell’s late late equaliser in playoff semi.
Edit Hurstpier beat me to it!
Old 17-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Thought that was stonewall, personally.
LOL, because your legs buckle under you when someone brushes the back of your shirt!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 17-01-2018, 09:26 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
I’ll try another... foul on the Sunderland keeper (Shipps?) before Darren Powell’s late late equaliser in playoff semi.
Edit Hurstpier beat me to it!
The penalty given against Popovic in the first leg wasn’t a pen, so it evened out.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
LOL, because your legs buckle under you when someone brushes the back of your shirt!
Back of the shirt?

Brushes?

Are we talking about the same penalty?
Old 17-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Wednesday forward who pulled Butterfield back and went on to score in the 2-2 at Hillsborough.
LOL, he didn’t. Butterfield simply had an air shot

However in the same game, one look at a reply of big Calvs kungfu kick on their keeper in the first 5 mins would have resulted in us playing with 10 men for 90 odd mins
Old 17-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I've just rewatched that penalty (Bolasie) the guy sticks his arm across Yannick as he is running through.

He goes down easily but it's stonewall.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:14 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace View Post
Powell’s goal against Sunderland in the 2004 play off semi might’ve been disallowed.
Think so too
Old 17-01-2018, 11:15 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
LOL, he didn’t. Butterfield simply had an air shot

However in the same game, one look at a reply of big Calvs kungfu kick on their keeper in the first 5 mins would have resulted in us playing with 10 men for 90 odd mins
Someone remind me the name of the Wednesday twat who broke his foot kicking the advertising board
Old 17-01-2018, 11:22 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Someone remind me the name of the Wednesday twat who broke his foot kicking the advertising board
Leon Clarke

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:27 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post
Leon Clarke
Old 17-01-2018, 11:29 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Andy Gray in the Cup v Portsmouth
Ah yes of course. Was there too. Thought there was a Gray pen niggling the back of my mind. So Gray it would’ve been taking the pen in the Final replay.
Old 18-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Freedmans goal pulled back due to Hopkin handball IIRC.
Was a blatant handball from Hoppo. Dread to think what would have happened if the ref blew for a foul there instead of letting play continue. Just look where Stockport are now...

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 18-01-2018, 11:00 AM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
Was a blatant handball from Hoppo. Dread to think what would have happened if the ref blew for a foul there instead of letting play continue. Just look where Stockport are now...
And look how long it took Huddersfield (who went down instead of us) to recover.
Old 18-01-2018, 11:24 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Clive Allen's goal at Coventry. The greatest football injustice in history.
Old 18-01-2018, 11:32 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Semi against Southampton. The penalty was outside the box . Clive Allen against Coventry, Freddie Sears against Bristol.
Goal line technology also Leeds cup tie.
Old 18-01-2018, 11:35 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Tommy Blacks appalling dive late in a game towards the end of the 2003 season to win us a penalty.

I forget the opposition.

Without that win; would we still have made the play offs?
Walsall?
Old 18-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Trainer Specialist

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Walsall?
Sent them down as well.
Old 18-01-2018, 11:42 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Bolasie pen at Reading was similar to the Morata incident last night. Only difference was Bolasie wasn’t stupid as to go down the opposite way to how he was being pulled back!