Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I agree Craig Moore is over-hyped by some Palace fans. Went on to do well in his career and stood out in a poor Palace side but he only made 24 appearances for us, all in the second tier and we only kept 3 clean sheets in those 24 games, conceding plenty of goals.
He also got himself sent off early 2nd half (which really didn't help) in a poor defeat to Grimsby.

I am amazed some people talk about him as one of our best ever centre backs. The likes of Delaney, Dann, Sakho and Tomkins have all had far more impact for us and that is only thinking about the centre backs we have in our current squad.

He was good at that level but gets way over-praised.
I assume you never actually saw him play?
Old 27-01-2018, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHJ EAGLE View Post
I assume you never actually saw him play?
You assume very wrong. As I said he was very good in the second tier but he achieved very little with us. Just look at the stats.

When you compare what he achieved to the likes of Young, Thorn, even Coleman, Sakho, Dann, Tomkins and Delaney his record pales.
Old 27-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Probationary User

PrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fearPrinceOfDonegal is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot...

Loving your work , Madame
Old 27-01-2018, 02:08 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfDonegal View Post
Loving your work , Madame
Old 27-01-2018, 02:10 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
If we sell this guy can we keep Tompkins?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 27-01-2018, 06:43 AM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You assume very wrong. As I said he was very good in the second tier but he achieved very little with us. Just look at the stats.

When you compare what he achieved to the likes of Young, Thorn, even Coleman, Sakho, Dann, Tomkins and Delaney his record pales.
Maybe you're right, but my God he was good to watch.
Old 27-01-2018, 07:50 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Just trying to unsettle him before we play them.
We're after a striker. About time we were linked with a move for Hernandez. Our interest can 'cool' on deadline day.
Old 27-01-2018, 08:01 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tomkins to West Ham

Best CB at the club. He seems happy. Nah not gonna happen. Also doubt they’d want to block the path of Rice who many think would be best at CB and rate very very highly indeed.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball

Last edited by Sir.S.C Remembered; 27-01-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 27-01-2018, 08:05 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
He musn't be sold. Easily one of our best players since he arrived and I can't believe West Ham let him go for £10m.
Bargain!
Old 27-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:

I take the 24 games as not enough but how many did Lombardo play ?

However what I don't think it fair to suggest that how good he was is shown by the results that is what the team achieved not the individual player, you could have put Rio or John Terry in at centre half with the team in 1998 and we would still not keep clean sheets and leak goals.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 27-01-2018, 08:22 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Just trying to unsettle him before we play them.
This.

They know he loves West Ham, they know Tuesday is a massive game.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 27-01-2018, 08:25 AM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
He musn't be sold. Easily one of our best players since he arrived and I can't believe West Ham let him go for £10m.
Bargain!
I wouldn’t consider swapping him for ake (a bargain at 20m) he’s as good as and possibly more reliable than sakho (28m) and not far off van Dijk (75m)

We don’t need to sell him, therefore we should value him at 35m.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:03 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Personally think he should be considered for the England sqaud given his form
Old 27-01-2018, 09:40 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I think Maidstoned hit the nail on the head with his first post.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
I think Maidstoned hit the nail on the head with his first post.
Back in January 1999?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Back in January 1999?
How very dare you....how very Sky Sports, football didnt exist before we came along of you.
Old 27-01-2018, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I take the 24 games as not enough but how many did Lombardo play ?

However what I don't think it fair to suggest that how good he was is shown by the results that is what the team achieved not the individual player, you could have put Rio or John Terry in at centre half with the team in 1998 and we would still not keep clean sheets and leak goals.
Lombardo played 47 (according to soccerbase) and scored 10 goals and obviously a lot of that was in the Premier League. I agree what you that is difficult to judge Moore purely on team results at that time. I'm just thinking more about his impact - even though it wasn't his fault but he didn't achieve much with us. Ashley Cole however had a huge impact in his few days and made a difference in our relegation escape.

If he had played in a better side or in the top tier maybe he would have shone but that is an if, whereas a number of our centre backs HAVE achieved a lot with us.
Old 27-01-2018, 12:03 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Back in January 1999?
He was posting before the BBS.
Old 27-01-2018, 12:19 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
If he had played in a better side or in the top tier maybe he would have shone but that is an if, whereas a number of our centre backs HAVE achieved a lot with us.
This is my point exactly. We have had players who have had a far bigger impact than him and at a higher level, and quite a few of them too. He would not be anywhere near my top 50 Palace players personally, though he was perfectly decent
Old 27-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
He was posting before the BBS.
That was a classic thread