Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:32 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Newcastle (Home)

Well we know what we’ve got. Aside from injuries of course. Same squad that’s a what 1.3 point per game average under Roy? +3 players. Vulnerable to injuries? yes. Doomed? No.

————————————Wayne———————————-
Ward————-Sakho——————Tomkins————-Pva
Townsend————Luka————cabaye————-Jimmy
—————————-benteke——zaha————————-

Bench: speroni, kelly, TFM, ridewald, sorloth, Lee

Wilf still as pseudo striker when we go long for benteke and back wide with Jimmy dropping central that rest of the time. It’s served us well mostly

maybe yakip in place of lee on the bench but have to see training for that.

Assuming Townsend is fit as no one has mentioned it, where as Sako sounds serious. If not...

I’d probably go 433

——-————-———Wayne-—————————
Ward————Sakho———Tomkins———-Pva
———cabaye—-——Luka————ridewald——
——————Jimmy————-wilf————————
—————————benteke—————————-

That would see ward and Pva defending to protect the width. Jimmy and wilf drifting wide with overlapping runs from ridewald and cabaye at times for the width.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:51 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Hennessy
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Cabaye
Jimmy
Townsend Benteke Zaha

This is the sort of game where you need players like McCarthur who likes to try and make things happen.

TFM hasn't been amazing but Atu's pace can cause problems which is why I'd feel more assured with him there.

It's refreshing to know if Benteke ain't doing the business we've got a Norwegian unit who can come on and hopefully make a good impact. I think as long as he puts himself about and works the channels it'll be effective enough for now.

Clinton Morrison.

Last edited by CharlieCPFC; 01-02-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:06 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
It's refreshing to know if Benteke ain't doing the business we've got a Danish lump who can come on and hopefully make a good impact. I think as long as he puts himself about and works the channels it'll be effective enough for now.
I think he is a "Norwegian" lump.

As an aside, why do you have to call him a lump? Not a great way to talk about a new guy, I doubt you have seen play.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:25 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hennessy
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Cabaye
Jimmy
Townsend Benteke Zaha

This is the sort of game where you need players like McCarthur who likes to try and make things happen.

TFM hasn't been amazing but Atu's pace can cause problems which is why I'd feel more assured with him there.

It's refreshing to know if Benteke ain't doing the business we've got a Danish lump who can come on and hopefully make a good impact. I think as long as he puts himself about and works the channels it'll be effective enough for now.
Get the pace thing with tfm but his positioning has been poor. He's not stopping the crosses, let's his man get away from him at set pieces time and again. His tacking and physical attributes are great but his concentration and anticipation are that of a young, inexperienced prospect.

Ward is the better defender. We have 13 games left and need to avoid defeat in about half of them, including a few wins and we stay up.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:04 AM

Howdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHowdy Dudey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Henn
Tfm sakho tomkins van
Wilf luca cabaye andros
Ben sorloth

Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hennessy
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Cabaye
Jimmy
Townsend Benteke Zaha

Correct answer in every respect
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Hope Luka nobbles that horrible shit Shelvey early

Last edited by Big Gav; 01-02-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Yep, hopefully Sakho back in and then maybe Ward for TFM. Sorloth on bench please.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We'll rip these Northern monkeys apart.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would like to see the new lad play up top with Benteke soon. Really keen to see how CB gets on when he doesn't have to jump for every ball and isn't there just for hold up play. Probably a few games off mind.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:23 AM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA
McArthur Cabaye Luka Townsend
Zaha Benteke

Subs:
Speroni, TFM, Kelly, Riedewald, Rakip, Lee, Sorloth
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Cabaye could barely move against West Ham and he didn't even start. Can see why we wanted Amadou in... Not sure he will start
Old 01-02-2018, 09:30 AM

mean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betraymean is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
Cabaye could barely move against West Ham and he didn't even start. Can see why we wanted Amadou in... Not sure he will start
Indeed and with McArthur in such scintillating form, I cant see we have much to be worried about there really?
Old 01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well lets hope Rakip and Jairo step up then. It could be a lot worse.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:14 AM

DarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDarkAngel will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Anyone know if there's a loan recall option on KaiKai? We have zero cover on the wing if Andros or Zaha get injured
Old 01-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean View Post
Indeed and with McArthur in such scintillating form, I cant see we have much to be worried about there really?
McArthur has been awful the last two games. Riedewald should be stating ahead of both.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:20 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
433/451 hasn't worked whenever we've played it this season - striker too isolated and we don't have a genuine number 10. I think our best hope is for Wilf to keep improving as a striker and play a 4 behind him and Benteke. Townsend is well suited to play in a narrow 4 as he's okay defensively and can cut inside - hopefully his knock at West Ham wasn't serious.

Werner Herzog
Old 01-02-2018, 10:28 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Hennesey
Ward. Sakho. Tomkins. PVA
Townsend. Luka. Riedewald. Zaha
Benteke. Sorloth
Old 01-02-2018, 10:43 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Hennesey
Ward. Sakho. Tomkins. PVA
Townsend. Luka. Riedewald. Zaha
Benteke. Sorloth
This for me. Would this be the youngest league team we've put out since we've been in the pl?
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Anyone know if there's a loan recall option on KaiKai? We have zero cover on the wing if Andros or Zaha get injured
The way Townsend limped of at the end of West Ham on the same ankle he was recently out for , wouldn't be at all surprised if he is out again for a while.