Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Yes I did, he had 3 shots at point blank range, they either hit you or they don't. See MacArthur for his contribution to 2 of them. The fourth was one on one with a player in the middle of the goal, I've read people on here saying he should have got it but seriously how pissed would they have been to have missed a one on one.
I'm not going to get too far into this, but at least one, if not 2 of those, he could have stopped the ball even reaching the shooter, and the 4th goal he showed weak hands merely pushing the ball in the goal.
It wasn't a one on one. It was a shot from just inside the box with Hennesey in a relatively good position, that wasn't hit that far.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Macca won't keep up with Kenedy! He is playing so poorly at the moment, he shouldn't start. TFM can take anyone defensively because of his pace. Cabaye can come across to cover; I dare say he will probably limp through to 70 mins because he has the quality. I'd play Riedewald, so he can cover PVA going forward. Having Sakho back will also provide more cover in this department. Let Andros get up and down.

It's not going to be a pretty game!
I agree Macca has had 1 stinker and 1 poor game back to back but I genuinely don't see a better option right now.

I don't think TF-M is a solution because we play so narrow. The wide right guy picks up anyone past the halfway line and follows them while the RB drops back inside the penalty area. The RB only gets wide when something has broken down and he has to break ranks or if he is following his man in the area out there.

So I agree completely that Timbo could shackle him but we would need to change formation/setup unless you mean play TF-M wide right midfield which in view of his recent passing form sounds almost suicidal. So whoever plays wide right has to do a job on Kennedy with Timbo behind them. I was one of the few that was OK with Andros doing the RWB role (with 3 CBs behind him) but I think he could struggle with Kennedy as he tends to over commit which is a wet dream for K. We could risk it but I wouldn't. I would rather put him on the left and tell him to get to the line and whip them in with his left foot. That does assume he is actually fit at all.

We will do well to solve this midfield problem we have each week.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:05 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Bet we wont see Sorloth for weeks
Agree. None of th signings are ready, terrible for us, very poor window.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:00 PM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This thread is perhaps the most poignant of all when it comes to putting our transfer window into perspective.

Given our current situation with injuries, which as far as we are aware may remain unchanged until the end if the season (or get worse!), there really is very little choice when it comes to team selection.

We will presumably stick with the narrow 442 with Wilf up front or make a minor adjustment and play 451 - personnel would stay the same, a minor tinkering with positioning.

Obviously Sakho will start with Tomkins when he is considered fit enough. PVA will start. Ward v TFM is toss of a coin. Kelly gives us decent back up, Jach untested, Delaney past it, Souare a long way from fitness on last showing.

Such is our lack of quality squad depth in midfield/wings we will undoubtedly have to start with players carrying knocks (increasing the likelihood of getting a more serious injury) and/or in poor form. Luka and Andros are the first two names on the midfield team sheet when fit - it's then a toss up between cabaye (obviously in if fit but clearly struggling for the past moth) macca and riedewald. Bench options Rakip (unknown quality) Lee / Mutch (known quality, unfortunately). 'Thin' is an understatement.

Benteke and Zaha up front, presumably Sorloth straight on the bench as he id the only attacking option? Lets hope he is a) good b) fit - hasn't played since 10 December I believe.

We may find out more about the extent of the injuries to RLC / Sako at the press conference. Let's hope for some good news as we are teetering on the brink of disaster with any more significant injuries to attacking players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I agree Macca has had 1 stinker and 1 poor game back to back but I genuinely don't see a better option right now.

I don't think TF-M is a solution because we play so narrow. The wide right guy picks up anyone past the halfway line and follows them while the RB drops back inside the penalty area. The RB only gets wide when something has broken down and he has to break ranks or if he is following his man in the area out there.

So I agree completely that Timbo could shackle him but we would need to change formation/setup unless you mean play TF-M wide right midfield which in view of his recent passing form sounds almost suicidal. So whoever plays wide right has to do a job on Kennedy with Timbo behind them. I was one of the few that was OK with Andros doing the RWB role (with 3 CBs behind him) but I think he could struggle with Kennedy as he tends to over commit which is a wet dream for K. We could risk it but I wouldn't. I would rather put him on the left and tell him to get to the line and whip them in with his left foot. That does assume he is actually fit at all.

We will do well to solve this midfield problem we have each week.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:07 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its going to be interesting seeing what Slimani does, if he is up for it then god help us. He was just the type of experienced quality striker WE should have brought in either in experimenting alongside Benteke or as replacement, also if we were to go 4-3-3 then Slimani with his extra pace and movements alongside Zaha and Townsend would have been very interesting.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:12 PM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Its going to be interesting seeing what Slimani does, if he is up for it then god help us. He was just the type of experienced quality striker WE should have brought in either in experimenting alongside Benteke or as replacement, also if we were to go 4-3-3 then Slimani with his extra pace and movements alongside Zaha and Townsend would have been very interesting.
I believe he is injured? Slimani is the striker I was most keen on as I think he would suit our style and has PL as well as International experience. I know Newcastle loaned him, which we weren't able to, but they would surely have considered a sale?

Kennedy is a worry too - he was MOTM in his first game for them.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:15 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Injured.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:31 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As for the team on Sunday, much will be dependant on the fitness of Sakho if he is to start which would be a real boost. I would bring Julian back as this is at home where he will feel a lot more relaxed and with home fans behind him, also WH is looking shaky and uncertain at times again. AS for the new boys ALL Three to start on the bench allowing them a chance to take in the atmosphere before maybe the Striker being given 20 minutes or so and if Sakho is flagging bring the Polish lad on, as Newcastle would be the perfect opposition to try them.
This is very much a winnable game and we need to GO for it as Three points could prove invaluable depending on what happens in other games tomorrow, i would start with a 4-3-3 so as to pressurise them right from the start.

..........................................Speroni. .................................................. ...

.......Fosu-Mensah.............Tomkins..................Sakho. ............PVA.................

...........................Luka................... ..Cabaye..................Riedwald................ ...

..............Zaha...............................B enteke...................Townsend................. ......
Old 02-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
I believe he is injured? Slimani is the striker I was most keen on as I think he would suit our style and has PL as well as International experience. I know Newcastle loaned him, which we weren't able to, but they would surely have considered a sale?

Kennedy is a worry too - he was MOTM in his first game for them.
Thank goodness, as he would have had a point to prove to Leicester, also his style would have been a handfull for our CB's with his pace especially if Sakho is not completely fully fit, and when Tomkins is run at is not very confident.
You are right in what you say about his style suiting us and would have been a superb loan addition, surely to overcome that situation we could have sent RLC back due to his injury, that would not be the first time that has happened also as Chelsea insisted he went back there for treatment, but if he will not be fully fit to resume i hear until April, seemed so pointless.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:06 PM

razor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Hennesey
Ward. Sakho. Tomkins. PVA
Townsend. Luka. Riedewald. Zaha
Benteke. Sorloth
Fully agree
Old 02-02-2018, 02:09 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
surely to overcome that situation we could have sent RLC back due to his injury, that would not be the first time that has happened also as Chelsea insisted he went back there for treatment, but if he will not be fully fit to resume i hear until April, seemed so pointless.
Not if we loan/buy RLC next season as well it won't.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:43 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
there really is very little choice when it comes to team selection.

We will presumably stick with the narrow 442 with Wilf up front or make a minor adjustment and play 451 - personnel would stay the same, a minor tinkering with positioning.

Obviously Sakho will start with Tomkins when he is considered fit enough. PVA will start. Ward v TFM is toss of a coin. Kelly gives us decent back up, Jach untested, Delaney past it, Souare a long way from fitness on last showing.

Luka and Andros are the first two names on the midfield team sheet when fit - it's then a toss up between cabaye (obviously in if fit but clearly struggling for the past moth) macca and riedewald. Bench options Rakip (unknown quality) Lee / Mutch (known quality, unfortunately). 'Thin' is an understatement.

Benteke and Zaha up front, presumably Sorloth straight on the bench as he id the only attacking option? Lets hope he is a) good b) fit - hasn't played since 10 December I believe.

We may find out more about the extent of the injuries to RLC / Sako at the press conference. Let's hope for some good news as we are teetering on the brink of disaster with any more significant injuries to attacking players.
i think this is a well considered and balanced post...

i haven't posted since the transfer window closed to give all the doom mongers and pant wetters time to vent spleens, the facts are gents we have what we have; so lets just roll up our sleeves and get on with it shall we ?

i'm not going to defend the transfer shortcomings - there's no point, i have season tickets but i dont own the club; I'm pretty sure up and down the land there will be club bulletin boards blaming chairman and boards for lack of investment/backing of manager etc - i think our Roy's seen it all before; he can more than cope and whats more our 1st 11 still looks quite tasty, so lets look on the bright side; we probably need another 4 wins for a 6th year in the promised land and Newcastle have just bought a centre forward who's injured...

turning to Sunday, i think both managers have done pretty impressive jobs for different reasons, there wasn't much to separate both teams up at St James; if anything our form has been better than theirs since then but it would be a brave man to say we are clear favourites as both teams have players that are capable of a purple patch that could win this game - any-who isn't this type of match what we all secretly crave ? i agree on the 4-4-2 start keeping it pretty narrow, morphing into 4-5-1 where appropriate to off set the threat of Kennedy and allow Wilf a more wider roaming role; my team would be:

-------------------Hennessy-----------------
TFM.........Tomkins........Sahko..........PVA
Townsend....Luka....Cabaye....Reidewald
........................................Zaha...... ......
......................Benteke...................

my thoughts are that Newcastle if anything, are a high energy team, if they get early success then their tails are up which is where a lot of their points came from earlier in the season, certainly when I've watched them they will try on occasions the high press using Shelvy (who is still a capable imposing midfielder) to be the instigator; Jimmy Mac's recent form makes me think Roy might move him to the bench and play a central 3 of Luka/Reidewald/Cabaye which is where the youth of Reidewald in helping Luka break up attacks and the guile of cabaye will give Newcastle problems whilst Townsend might be are genuine midfield width and also providing cover for TFM who i think athletically is more than capable of handling tattoo boy (what is it with Brazilians ?)...

I've got 5 on my bench: a GK, full back, centre half, midfielder and a striker, after that i would say you can perm 2 from 4 in Papa, lee, Rakip and Jach. my 5 def on bench would be: Speroni, Ward, MacArthur, Kelly, Sorloth, with the big Norwegian only coming on if tekkers is injured or its shit or bust time (he hasn't played competitively in 2 months)...

this is a tight one - dare i say it but the good result is not to loose it and take a point; the great result is revenge for their smash and grab and we take all 3...
Old 02-02-2018, 04:45 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
People saying that Sorloth hasn't played competitively in 2 months is all very well but the solution to that is surely playing him? Ok maybe not from the start but give him 30 minutes and build up his game time. With FA cup weekend and international break there are already breaks coming up that will deny regular playing time.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:58 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
People saying that Sorloth hasn't played competitively in 2 months is all very well but the solution to that is surely playing him? Ok maybe not from the start but give him 30 minutes and build up his game time. With FA cup weekend and international break there are already breaks coming up that will deny regular playing time.
its a fair point but a lot depends on the situation in the game dont you think ?

if we are behind with 20 odd mins to go then i can see Roy throwing the dice, otherwise i cant see him being utilised as it could quickly look a lot worse for him, the club and the TV millions - the premier league is recognised as an attrictional, past paced and unforgiving league; anybody who is not at the peak of their physical powers can be quickly exposed as "off the pace" - i suspect Roy would like to take a good look at him and the others during the two week break than risk a tits up cameo but who knows what thread the fates will spin...
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
The best thing to do would be to go 4-0 up then bring him on for the last half hour.....
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 02-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'm not going to get too far into this, but at least one, if not 2 of those, he could have stopped the ball even reaching the shooter, and the 4th goal he showed weak hands merely pushing the ball in the goal.
It wasn't a one on one. It was a shot from just inside the box with Hennesey in a relatively good position, that wasn't hit that far.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
How does that vid support your post, Lacazette has only the gk to beat, yes he got a hand to it but so what, Lacazette should always score from there.

Brexit countdown.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:25 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Agree. None of th signings are ready, terrible for us, very poor window.
Couldn't disagree more. The 3 will be appearing very soon and sooner if we get more injuries or Cabaye finally just keels over.

As for the terrible window. I didn't realise our 1st XI were being hammered every week so badly that they needed replacing instantly. Isn't it 26 points from the last 18 games or have I missed something?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:10 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
The best thing to do would be to go 4-0 up then bring him on for the last half hour.....
Great Shout
Old 02-02-2018, 10:06 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Injured.
Not as bad as thought - will have late fitness test according to Benitez
Old 02-02-2018, 10:15 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
i think this is a well considered and balanced post...

i haven't posted since the transfer window closed to give all the doom mongers and pant wetters time to vent spleens, the facts are gents we have what we have; so lets just roll up our sleeves and get on with it shall we ?

i'm not going to defend the transfer shortcomings - there's no point, i have season tickets but i dont own the club; I'm pretty sure up and down the land there will be club bulletin boards blaming chairman and boards for lack of investment/backing of manager etc - i think our Roy's seen it all before; he can more than cope and whats more our 1st 11 still looks quite tasty, so lets look on the bright side; we probably need another 4 wins for a 6th year in the promised land and Newcastle have just bought a centre forward who's injured...

turning to Sunday, i think both managers have done pretty impressive jobs for different reasons, there wasn't much to separate both teams up at St James; if anything our form has been better than theirs since then but it would be a brave man to say we are clear favourites as both teams have players that are capable of a purple patch that could win this game - any-who isn't this type of match what we all secretly crave ? i agree on the 4-4-2 start keeping it pretty narrow, morphing into 4-5-1 where appropriate to off set the threat of Kennedy and allow Wilf a more wider roaming role; my team would be:

-------------------Hennessy-----------------
TFM.........Tomkins........Sahko..........PVA
Townsend....Luka....Cabaye....Reidewald
........................................Zaha...... ......
......................Benteke...................

my thoughts are that Newcastle if anything, are a high energy team, if they get early success then their tails are up which is where a lot of their points came from earlier in the season, certainly when I've watched them they will try on occasions the high press using Shelvy (who is still a capable imposing midfielder) to be the instigator; Jimmy Mac's recent form makes me think Roy might move him to the bench and play a central 3 of Luka/Reidewald/Cabaye which is where the youth of Reidewald in helping Luka break up attacks and the guile of cabaye will give Newcastle problems whilst Townsend might be are genuine midfield width and also providing cover for TFM who i think athletically is more than capable of handling tattoo boy (what is it with Brazilians ?)...

I've got 5 on my bench: a GK, full back, centre half, midfielder and a striker, after that i would say you can perm 2 from 4 in Papa, lee, Rakip and Jach. my 5 def on bench would be: Speroni, Ward, MacArthur, Kelly, Sorloth, with the big Norwegian only coming on if tekkers is injured or its shit or bust time (he hasn't played competitively in 2 months)...

this is a tight one - dare i say it but the good result is not to loose it and take a point; the great result is revenge for their smash and grab and we take all 3...
Exactly the team I would pick, in exactly the same positions, and exactly my sentiments. We are one player short imho (a left winger like Kenedy), but other than that the XI is fine, even if we don't have strength in depth. We need 3 wins and 2 draws taking into account the dominance of the top 6. Hopefully after Sunday it will be 2 wins and 2 draws and we will be firmly ensconced in the top half. Zaha is due. COYP